Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:28 pm 

Perhaps it should also be reported to Bandcamp, so they could remove the account completely.

KingSpooky
The Man, The Machine, The Legend

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:33 pm 

Yeah. I would, but last time I tried to it was for someone digitally bootlegging some Megadeth studio tracks, and for some reason that wasn't straightforward enough for Bandcamp and they wanted the band themselves to be the one to report the issue. At that point it wasn't worth investing any more time. Definitely encourage someone else to let the bands know about it, though.

eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:54 pm 

There's Mexican band Urtikaria Anal as well. I'll dig through my mailbox and check, if I can reach them again. But it's really tiny chance, because it's been a long time, since I was in touch with them.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:08 pm 

Cool. Yeah, it's just very wrong to be making a profit off of someone else's music like that. Might be that people think I shouldn't make an issue of it since it's a 15-year-old kid that made the page, and I should just ignore it or something, but to act like they're doing nothing wrong is a disservice to the person. Choosing to ignore someone's wrongdoings as a kid raises the assholism ratio, since then they're unchecked and even more surprised when someone has something to say about them doing things the wrong way later on.

duwan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:33 pm 

KingSpooky wrote:
Can someone Durst spammer MrBigCock?

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/MrBigCock

Sorry for necro-ing, but this ain't the same guy that did a "review" spamming the word "HORSE COCK" in caps and appeared on the Crappy Diem topic back in 2020?

Check my mediocre ahh reviews

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:21 pm 

duwan wrote:
KingSpooky wrote:
Can someone Durst spammer MrBigCock?

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/MrBigCock

Sorry for necro-ing, but this ain't the same guy that did a "review" spamming the word "HORSE COCK" in caps and appeared on the Crappy Diem topic back in 2020?

Any such data is long gone and/or inaccessible, essentially your guess is as good as ours on that one. It's very unlikely to come from the same account as any such trolling review should get the user's account banned instantly.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:19 pm 

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. But since this report was handled by someone who later got demoted and banned, can mods take another look at it? Personally I would 100% add this note, but it's your website, not mine.
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:02 pm 

At the time Witcher handled the report he was a knight, he definitely was trying to contribute at the time and can be considered somewhat trustworthy, and actually his closing post is spot-on. If there are confirmed criminal charges against the artist for sharing indecent images we could note it (otherwise it doesn't seem relevant enough), but both the YouTube links in that report don't work for me (private links), so lots of research and confirmation required in this case before that data can be added.

This thread is for bringing users' wrongdoing to our attention, so any further queries on this subject are probably better suited elsewhere. I would go here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=94071

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:39 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Di ... Promotions

This kid's been adding remastered versions of Sunn O))) albums as their own entries even though said remasters have their own versions on their respective album listings already.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... 29/1182579

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/S ... ks/1182576

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:10 am 

Message sent.

duwan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:24 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/thornscrowndoom

Uhm... so, he added four different digital versions to the same album of his band, and there's no difference between them all besides some of them having no album cover

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:18 pm 

Versions deleted and message sent.

magate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:26 pm 

Hi, I'm new as user. I registered to be able to enter some lyrics. I did so, entering all lyrics in one go for each album I did (two so far), but now I notice
1) several misspellings, sufficient to disturb the reading - I wrote down everything by hand
2) In one song I did not finish the lyrics (did not scroll down on the scan I did from the booklet - lettering very small)
I try to edit, but I get "cannot edit - need higher rank". So it seems I cannot correct my mistakes. I could not find in the rules out to go around it; is there one please?

I post here since I suppose this might count as point whoring? It would increase my points from 2 to 3 or 4. Anyway, anyone pointing me to the right place or what to do would be appreciated - thanks.

eviluus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:22 pm 

magate wrote:
Hi, I'm new as user. I registered to be able to enter some lyrics. I did so, entering all lyrics in one go for each album I did (two so far), but now I notice
1) several misspellings, sufficient to disturb the reading - I wrote down everything by hand
2) In one song I did not finish the lyrics (did not scroll down on the scan I did from the booklet - lettering very small)
I try to edit, but I get "cannot edit - need higher rank". So it seems I cannot correct my mistakes. I could not find in the rules out to go around it; is there one please?

I post here since I suppose this might count as point whoring? It would increase my points from 2 to 3 or 4. Anyway, anyone pointing me to the right place or what to do would be appreciated - thanks.

Go to this release, where you added lyrics, and then open a report describing, what was wrong. Plus, give a valid proof, like a booklet photo.

magate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:30 am 

eviluus wrote:
Go to this release, where you added lyrics, and then open a report describing, what was wrong. Plus, give a valid proof, like a booklet photo.

Thanks, I did so, including posting the corrected lyrics, maybe someone with higher ranking can fix (I don't even know what ranking is here and how to get a "higher ranking"). It is somewhat frustrating to register to add some lyrics then find out I was too hasty (I was just happy, received the new Aegrus album before formal release date, also realized previous album did not have the lyrics here, so wanted to do something about it) and can't correct simple mistakes.

magate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:22 pm 

magate wrote:
eviluus wrote:

Thanks, I did so, including posting the corrected lyrics, maybe someone with higher ranking can fix (I don't even know what ranking is here and how to get a "higher ranking"). It is somewhat frustrating to register to add some lyrics then find out I was too hasty (I was just happy, received the new Aegrus album before formal release date, also realized previous album did not have the lyrics here, so wanted to do something about it) and can't correct simple mistakes.

well, nobody wants to correct. It is a bit discouraging - I actually posted the right lyrics in the request for corrections.
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/843595
So, question, what are these rankings, and which ranking do I need to have to correct my own mistake? I searched the Forum FAQs and could not find the answer - what do I need to do. Problem is, I am not going to start doing random posts or whatever to get some ranking... I might as well give up and live with the fact that some lyrics are wrong here. Hmmm. I realise people are busy and Aegrus lyrics are not a big priority, but it feels wrong to be unable to make a valid correction. Unsatisfactory.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:27 pm 

magate wrote:
well, nobody wants to correct. It is a bit discouraging - I actually posted the right lyrics in the request for corrections.
So, question, what are these rankings, and which ranking do I need to have to correct my own mistake? I searched the Forum FAQs and could not find the answer - what do I need to do. Problem is, I am not going to start doing random posts or whatever to get some ranking... I might as well give up and live with the fact that some lyrics are wrong here. Hmmm. I realise people are busy and Aegrus lyrics are not a big priority, but it feels wrong to be unable to make a valid correction. Unsatisfactory.

I'll ask that we not spiral into dramatics over a minor lyric correction report that's 8 days old. Your report is one of about 2,900 open reports waiting in the queue to be addressed; we don't let reports sit because we enjoy it, but between bands, artists, albums, and labels, we have over a million pages of information here, and it simply leads to a lot of reports needing attention and never enough eyes to look them over.

We'll get to it eventually.

As for ranks and how they work, you can visit this page.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

duwan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:32 pm 

magate wrote:
magate wrote:
eviluus wrote:

The ranking to be able to edit lyrics and non-empty informations are the "Veteran" (achieved when your profile hits 1000 points).

Fixed the mistakes, thank you.

magate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:11 am 

duwan wrote:
magate wrote:
The ranking to be able to edit lyrics and non-empty informations are the "Veteran" (achieved when your profile hits 1000 points).

Fixed the mistakes, thank you.

Thank you for the information, and for fixing - much appreciated. I'll never get 1000 points :) as a suggestion if possible with the software, letting people change their own inputs might be an idea to consider.
I actually bought a few physical format records just to get the lyrics to be able to post here, because I like to to read them while listening. I'll be more careful in triple checking before introducing anything. The first time I just assumed I would be able to correct of there was something wrong (I did use the spell checker, but "rode" is valid English, and I am just slightly dyslexic so I didn't catch the difference to "robe").

PS. Sorry about the dramatism - not the intention, it really was looking for info. I do realise the personal tastes of a newbie don't need to be a priority. So, thanks again. Also for being polite to a newcomer.

Bakbik1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:25 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... 3540429474
With songs such as "Desecrate the Judeo-Christian Plague", it's obvious that Zyklonkrieg 88 is an anti-Judeo-Christian band, and opposes both Judaism and Christianity. Why is Kennermahn changing it back to just anti-Christian?

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:57 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... mos/990729
(See bio. User giganticdildopenisband's other few edits might be worth looking through. Another to fix is the messed-up timeline for edited band Asmodeus).

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:27 am 

Thanks for taking care of that, Opsius.

This user vandalized some pages, put in a few spam reports, then deleted their own profile. Some clean-up needs to be done still:
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/~Guest%20211010
Likely this visitor who's put in several reports about related bands shortly afterward: https://www.metal-archives.com/report/v ... 3/show/all

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:01 am 

Dude won't stop changing "themes" for mass bands, he does this excessively and in so many cases they are sometimes straight up unnecessary or even incorrect

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Bakbik1234

Don't know why it's his life's work to mess with the "themes" field for countless pages on the site

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 am 

GuardAwakening, could you provide a source for these lyrics you keep re-ading? Aside from the poor formatting and missing words, track 3 is completely missing. I can't see anything evidence that these were printed on any official source.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/X ... tad/486776

Bakbik1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:08 pm 

GuardAwakening wrote:
Dude won't stop changing "themes" for mass bands, he does this excessively and in so many cases they are sometimes straight up unnecessary or even incorrect

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Bakbik1234

Don't know why it's his life's work to mess with the "themes" field for countless pages on the site

I'm actually making sure that the themes are the most accurate they can possibly be, and I read all of the band's lyrics before making any change. Before I was active, some themes were completely wrong (for example: High on Fire only had "Mythology" in their themes, Choke had incorrect themes [https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/840761], Cathedral had extremely shallow themes compared to the actual depth of their lyrics, Statement didn't have "Vegan straight edge" in their themes despite creating the term and being the basis of the Hardline subculture, etc.)

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:18 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Stonerific73

Vandalism. Fixed.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:15 pm 

Thank you Dembo, the vandal has been banned.

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:26 am 

Devoidparanoid. I see this guy on every single band. Some of what he does is helpful, like adding links, but most of what I see him doing is changing photos/logos to something identical, or objectively worse, and sometimes straight up wrong (see report below). He's been on the site only a couple of months and has already amassed like 15,000 points because he just watches the new bands and recently updated tabs and changes the pictures on every band that comes through.

I wasn't gonna say anything until I came across this report where he straight up added a picture of the wrong band because he's just churning through them as quickly as possible without doing actual research
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/849956

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:27 am 

silentflight wrote:
Devoidparanoid. I see this guy on every single band. Some of what he does is helpful, like adding links, but most of what I see him doing is changing photos/logos to something identical, or objectively worse, and sometimes straight up wrong (see report below). He's been on the site only a couple of months and has already amassed like 15,000 points because he just watches the new bands and recently updated tabs and changes the pictures on every band that comes through.

I wasn't gonna say anything until I came across this report where he straight up added a picture of the wrong band because he's just churning through them as quickly as possible without doing actual research
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/849956

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/devoidparanoid

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:26 pm 

Do you have any specific example/s of him changing photos or logos to an identical or worse? I had a look through a few on the Wayback machine, and they were just about sufficient improvements for the modifications to be valid. He has been notified of his error in uploading a photo of the wrong band and appears to have corrected it. A response from him would have been appreciated though.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:10 pm 

I think silentflight has a point there. The guy does get carried away with his edits especially on the images front. Many of the logos he's changed didn't really need changing.

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:43 pm 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
Do you have any specific example/s of him changing photos or logos to an identical or worse? I had a look through a few on the Wayback machine, and they were just about sufficient improvements for the modifications to be valid. He has been notified of his error in uploading a photo of the wrong band and appears to have corrected it. A response from him would have been appreciated though.

I haven't been logging it when I see it because it hasn't bothered me that much but one example I do remember was for a band called 10 to the Chest, he changed the logo to be the exact same logo in a different color (like green to blue or something) and changed the pic to a near identical pic from the exact same promo session as the other picture. Just pointless changes like that.

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:45 pm 

I've also definitely seen him add worse-quality logos over the top of high quality logos I've already added, leading to me changing it back to the original.

silentflight
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:53 pm 

silentflight wrote:
I've also definitely seen him add worse-quality logos over the top of high quality logos I've already added, leading to me changing it back to the original.

One example of this since you asked. On the band Putrid Stu, I had already added the logo that's there currently. It's a perfectly fine logo, and the pure black/white fits the aesthetic of the site. He replaced it with a version that was the exact same logo, but red or something, and worse quality. I changed it back. https://www.metal-archives.com/history/ ... ilter/data

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:55 pm 

Photo/logo changes are annoying to police as we have to rely on the Wayback machine having a copy of the original images, but I have informed him that his unnecessary replacements have been noticed by you and to make sure any changes bring either improved quality or more up-to-date images. Keep us updated, thank you.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:09 pm 

Adds lyrics one by one:
https://www.metal-archives.com/users/truemetelminder

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:38 pm 

Notice sent.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:25 am 

RDS - (Did a bunch of dumb edits, then had a bad attitude when confronted about them.) Have cleaned up the mess.
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/852424

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:35 pm 

KingSpooky wrote:
RDS - (Did a bunch of dumb edits, then had a bad attitude when confronted about them.) Have cleaned up the mess.
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/view/id/852424

I believe you have already shown him his errors with your multiple attention requests. It's fine to request a user's attention where it's relevant to the report as you did on the first post, but it shouldn't be used as a way around sending general instructions and warnings, especially from non-staff. Even if you are correct, there is no [mod] tag to back up instructions with authority. You may bring up any wrongdoing here as we can send official notices through the site, as I have done in this case.

KingSpooky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:07 am 

Understood. Having worked through many reports as a mod, I have gotten used to dealing with things in a certain way that as a former mod would be best left to you guys. So, in the future I'll do my best to bring proof to the table and let the decision be one of a current moderator.
That being said, I assume that what you referred to as "have done in this case" is send a warning about attitude to RDS, the reason for my post earlier. Unfortunately, attitude problems with this individual continue:
https://www.metal-archives.com/report/v ... 9/show/all

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121  Next