Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 pm 

Am I doing something wrong?

When Malefic (US) came out with their demo, I tried to add them to M-A. They got denied, and I got a "lack of proof of existence" in the denial e-mail as the reason why. Later on, somebody else submitted them, with less information than what I gave, and they got accepted?

I also tried to submit Jenovah, when it released "Post Mortem" - which is only a VIRTUAL release, and wasn't actually released on CD. They got denied, because virtual download releases don't count - and that is understandable, but I see now that they've been accepted.

I also tried submitting Autumn Aria a really long time ago when their first demo came out, and they got denied. And yet again, somebody else, who submits no more information than what I did, submits them and they got accepted.

Am I doing something wrong or what? Because I mean, when I submitted these bands, I submitted the logo, a band photo, a band website and/or MySpace, and the release, with lyrics, correct time listings, correct release date, etc. etc..

Honestly, I don't really care about the points that much. I do want to hit verteran status though - that way I can edit my solo project's page (Übermensch) whenever it is vandalized, or somebody decides to add incorrect information. Just recently somebody added additional notes that said I recently openly admitted to blatantly ripping off black metal bands. That was not only not true, but was probably done by somebody who hates me to try and make me look bad. On top of that, look how ridiculously long the "Origin" section is. Every time I move, somebody has to change the origin. They can't just leave it alone as "Metro Atlanta, GA" or "Atlanta, GA."

triggerhappy wrote:
anathematized_one, have you ever made a post less than 20 lines long?

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:55 pm 

If this only happened like once, I'd probably not be posting this, but it's happened more than just a couple of times.

In fact, I tried to submit Malefic (US) and Autumn Aria twice and they got denied.

And if anyone wanted to see my user profile:
www.metal-archives.com/userprofile.php?user=anathematized_one

triggerhappy wrote:

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:57 pm 

How do you know what information is submitted by those other people? Notes can be given in submissions that will not necessarily appear on the bandpage.

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 pm 

rexxz wrote:
How do you know what information is submitted by those other people? Notes can be given in submissions that will not necessarily appear on the bandpage.

Because when the bands are accepted originally, there is less information on the page than what I submitted. On top of that, when I make a submission, I literally submit EVERYTHING there is to know about the band.

triggerhappy wrote:

Pedr00
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:51 pm 

The same with me. I send some bands but all were rejected with "lack of proof of existence". Later someone upload the same bands with less infos and get accepted in M-A. I think because I have litle points and the other were a "Metal freak"...

¬¬

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:49 pm 

anathematized_one wrote:
rexxz wrote:

Because when the bands are accepted originally, there is less information on the page than what I submitted. On top of that, when I make a submission, I literally submit EVERYTHING there is to know about the band.

As I said, the pages don't necessarily contain all of the information given upon submission.

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:14 pm 

rexxz wrote:
anathematized_one wrote:
rexxz wrote:

As I said, the pages don't necessarily contain all of the information given upon submission.

What could they possibly have posted that I couldn't?

When I say I leave out no detail, I mean I leave out no detail. All of these bands I was talking about submitting, I knew personally, and even mentioned that. The people who submitted them weren't in the bands themselves, so there isn't really anything I can logically think of that they could have said to get them accepted when they were rejected when I submitted them.

triggerhappy wrote:

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:14 pm 

http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=39064

Did you mean to post there?

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:15 pm 

It's up to the moderators who rejected your submission and accepted the other to tell you, don't ask me.

Things are usually rejected for a reason. Sometimes oversights are made, but 99% of the time a mod rejects something for a valid purpose.

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:18 pm 

rexxz wrote:
It's up to the moderators who rejected your submission and accepted the other to tell you, don't ask me.

Things are usually rejected for a reason. Sometimes oversights are made, but 99% of the time a mod rejects something for a valid purpose.

Half the time I get the rejection e-mail, there is no reason for denial listed, or the reason listed makes no sense, like, "lack of evidence."

How much evidence do they need? I submit the band, with website and myspace, and band photo, and band logo, and CD/demo, with the art for the demo, links to the proof that the demo/cd exists, how I obtained said CD/demo, etc., yet I still get the reason for denial cited as a lack of evidence.

triggerhappy wrote:

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:19 pm 

rexxz wrote:

anathematized_one
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:20 pm 

anathematized_one wrote:
rexxz wrote:

Half the time I get the rejection e-mail, there is no reason for denial listed, or the reason listed makes no sense, like, "lack of evidence."

How much evidence do they need? I submit the band, with website and myspace, and band photo, and band logo, and CD/demo, with the art for the demo, links to the proof that the demo/cd exists, how I obtained said CD/demo, etc., yet I still get the reason for denial cited as a lack of evidence.

What I am basically trying to say, is I went above and beyond their requirements for submitting a new band, giving everything they asked for and more, yet still got a denial - and these bands obviously aren't problematic bands with questionable genres or anything like that.

triggerhappy wrote:

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 pm 

And what I'm trying to say is, you will have to get your answers from the mods who rejected your submission; I don't know. There's no need in repeating it. Anyway, yes this stuff does belong in the "Why was x band rejected/deleted?" thread.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.