Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SupremeAbstract
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:46 am 

I already brought this up in another topic but it should get more appropriate attention here...

Quote:
Emperor were one of the bands somewhat involved in the church burnings during the mid 90's. Samoth was jailed a short time for taking part in church burnings with Varg Vikernes (Burzum), along with other members of the Norwegian black metal scene. Ex-drummer Faust was jailed for church burning and also for the stabbing and murder of a stranger homosexual in 1992 and was never suspected for it until 2 years later!

Ok, I already reported this and had it changed before but someone has since changed it back. FAUST DID NOT COMMIT THE MURDER IN 1992! He did it during the WINTER olympics of 1994. Who keeps changing this?
www.rustyaxerecords.com

WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:43 am 

From Wikipedia:

"Eithun was convicted of murdering a homosexual man in Lillehammer, Norway on the 21st of August, 1992. The victim was stabbed multiple times with a knife, and the murder occurred in a park that had held the opening ceremonies of the 1994 Winter Olympic Games. (Moynihan and Soderlind, 2003: 111) This was one of the two murders committed from the early Norwegian black metal scene, the other being the murder of Øystein Aarseth by Varg Vikernes. He was released in 2003 after serving 9 years and 4 months of an original 14 year sentence."

I also think it is interesting to note that when police were investigating the murder of Aarseth, they found out about Eithun's murder.

Visionary
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:45 am 

I wasn't the one editing the page but I am almost certain it was in 1992. 1994 seems to late as Varg's arrest and trial was in 1993-1994 and Varg is the one who pointed the police at Faust during these trials.
Because they are not considered metal? This is not fare!!!

WilliamAcerfeltd
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:05 am 

Yes, I've just read an another article on wikipedia which confirmed it occured in 1992.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Norw ... etal_scene

"Additionally, Eithun from Emperor received a 14 year sentence for murdering a man in 1992 and for a church arson in the same year. "

SupremeAbstract
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:55 pm 

WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:
From Wikipedia:

"Eithun was convicted of murdering a homosexual man in Lillehammer, Norway on the 21st of August, 1992. The victim was stabbed multiple times with a knife, and the murder occurred in a park that had held the opening ceremonies of the 1994 Winter Olympic Games. (Moynihan and Soderlind, 2003: 111) This was one of the two murders committed from the early Norwegian black metal scene, the other being the murder of Øystein Aarseth by Varg Vikernes. He was released in 2003 after serving 9 years and 4 months of an original 14 year sentence."

I also think it is interesting to note that when police were investigating the murder of Aarseth, they found out about Eithun's murder.

So it was held in the same park that held the opening ceremonies two years before the opening ceremonies were held? Not to say that the park didn't exist before hand, and that it was only mentioned in LoC for the purpose of getting some geographical idea of where it happened, but I could of swore it happened DURING the opening ceremonies. I wish i could find my copy of that book :(
www.rustyaxerecords.com

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:33 pm 

SupremeAbstract wrote:
WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:
From Wikipedia:

So it was held in the same park that held the opening ceremonies two years before the opening ceremonies were held? Not to say that the park didn't exist before hand, and that it was only mentioned in LoC for the purpose of getting some geographical idea of where it happened, but I could of swore it happened DURING the opening ceremonies. I wish i could find my copy of that book :(

He killed a guy during the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games and didn't get caught for one and a half years? Wow, that's astonishingly realistic.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

PazuzuZlave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:13 pm 

droneriot wrote:
SupremeAbstract wrote:
WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:
From Wikipedia:

He killed a guy during the opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games and didn't get caught for one and a half years? Wow, that's astonishingly realistic.

You have to remember the nationality of the authorities handling the case. And that's nothing, by the way. I'm Hitler, and they still haven't caught me!

https://katastropha.bandcamp.com
https://ragbroder.bandcamp.com

MushroomStamp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:55 pm 

The Swedish police suspects:

Faust killed Olof Palme

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 am 

droneriot wrote:
SupremeAbstract wrote:
WilliamAcerfeltd wrote:
From Wikipedia:

A year and a week, to be exact. Lords of Chaos junkie here. ;)

Reply to topic