Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
goredisorder
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:57 am 

Yesterday I submitted the bands Homunculus and Husere Grav who's proof of existence includes an official geocities page, plays on last.fm, a legit discography page and not only signed onto a record label but listed on the label's myspace, links to radio stations and compilations plus fully disclosed discographies with date of release and front cover and everything. Seemingly proof enough, both bands were rejected.

YET recently accepted band Bonesaw [australia] has NO discography, no record label, formed in 'unknown', only link is a myspace page, etc. etc. etc. and only note on their page says "Released a Live-DVD and a demo which are sold at their shows."

So seriously which band should be accepted? Why did Bonesaw get accepted who appears to be nothing more than a made up band as far as I can tell and bands such as Homunculus/ Husere Grav with numerous links are rejected?

For this reason I am confused/ pissed. What's the dealio metal archives?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:18 am 

goredisorder wrote:
Yesterday I submitted the bands Homunculus and Husere Grav who's proof of existence includes an official geocities page, plays on last.fm, a legit discography page and not only signed onto a record label but listed on the label's myspace, links to radio stations and compilations plus fully disclosed discographies with date of release and front cover and everything. Seemingly proof enough, both bands were rejected.

YET recently accepted band Bonesaw [australia] has NO discography, no record label, formed in 'unknown', only link is a myspace page, etc. etc. etc. and only note on their page says "Released a Live-DVD and a demo which are sold at their shows."

So seriously which band should be accepted? Why did Bonesaw get accepted who appears to be nothing more than a made up band as far as I can tell and bands such as Homunculus/ Husere Grav with numerous links are rejected?

For this reason I am confused/ pissed. What's the dealio metal archives?

I could not find links to audio samples in your submisssions, all the samples on the myspace page of their label were ambient electronic in nature. So to resubmit, you would have to come up with really convincing song samples. If you have them, you can resubmit. There were only links to minimalist official pages and to the page of their label in your submission.

"YET recently accepted band Bonesaw [australia] has NO discography, no record label, formed in 'unknown', only link is a myspace page, etc. etc. etc. and only note on their page says "Released a Live-DVD and a demo which are sold at their shows."

The band has releases, you just named them, but besides that, why a certain band was accepted is none of YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, especially in this context. I am also pisssed off and that by users, who still do not understand our rules.

The next person, who will bring up a completely unrelated band in his complaint, will get a very vulgar response from me, seriously, enough is enough and the constant whining gets on my nerves.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.