Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NebelTorvum
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:08 am 

I am getting a bit cheesed out by people adding "former members" that were trying out for a band or played with them a couple times and then it didn't work out... This seems to happen frequently with people who are "big" in the scene. OMGGG so and so played in band x!!!!!!!!! In my opinion someone isn't a former band member unless they've actually made a contribution such as song writing, participation in a recording, or playing a live show. Practicing with a band a couple times doesn't mean anything. What do you guys think? Should I remove some "former members" from bands around here that I know never actually contributed to the band and were just considering participating?

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:12 am 

NebelTorvum wrote:
I am getting a bit cheesed out by people adding "former members" that were trying out for a band or played with them a couple times and then it didn't work out... This seems to happen frequently with people who are "big" in the scene. OMGGG so and so played in band x!!!!!!!!! In my opinion someone isn't a former band member unless they've actually made a contribution such as song writing, participation in a recording, or playing a live show. Practicing with a band a couple times doesn't mean anything. What do you guys think? Should I remove some "former members" from bands around here that I know never actually contributed to the band and were just considering participating?

Yes, that's the general rule. Though it can be mentioned in the additional notes of a smaller band if a member played in a very famous band (like for example Alexander Nordgaren of Fleurety playing in Mayhem for over a year).

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:59 pm 

NebelTorvum wrote:
Should I remove some "former members" from bands around here that I know never actually contributed to the band and were just considering participating?

Yes, you should. I'm removing those since 2003.

Also, you shouldn`t even add live members as previous members. As soon as a live member quits the band, his name should be completely removed from the line-up section.

Reply to topic