Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:06 am 

Could his solo work be added under his own name? A few of the releases are drone based, and it could be counted as a side-project, since his primary band seems to be Nadja.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:26 pm 

No..

1) previously rejected
2) not metal and this side project rules I think we are gonna rework it for V2
3) for the 265550409 th time: USE THE "why was band X rejected" thread to ask about bands youw ant to submit, this thread is made for this purpose as well

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:18 pm 

Side-projects should have worldwide distribution.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:43 pm 

Evenfiel wrote:
Side-projects should have worldwide distribution.

while it may not have world wide distribution, he's fairly well known. Hardly a 'bedroom side project'.

Personally I think he should be in to, because he wouldn't look out of place on Metal-archives. Still, it's not something I'm really passionate about.

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:55 pm 

He's distributed in the US, Canada and Europe, as far as I can tell. Possibly even Japan, I'm positive Nadja gets over there.

caspian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:43 pm 

MaleficDevilry wrote:
He's distributed in the US, Canada and Europe, as far as I can tell. Possibly even Japan, I'm positive Nadja gets over there.

I have a few Aidan Baker CDs, and I'm in Australia.

Hydrogen_Cloud
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:33 pm 

I've already tried submitting Aidan Baker. Even if he does have world-wide distribution (the United States, Japan, Poland, obviously Canada, etc.) the side-project rule does not apply to him because Nadja did not come first nor is it his main musical outlet. Thus... :thumbsdown:.

caspian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:51 pm 

Hydrogen_Cloud wrote:
I've already tried submitting Aidan Baker. Even if he does have world-wide distribution (the United States, Japan, Poland, obviously Canada, etc.) the side-project rule does not apply to him because Nadja did not come first nor is it his main musical outlet. Thus... :thumbsdown:.

I imagine he'll eventually do a metal-enough record though. At least I hope so.

Also: Nadja is really awesome?

Hydrogen_Cloud
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 am 

caspian wrote:
Hydrogen_Cloud wrote:

I doubt Aidan Baker will make ever make a metal album under his own name... it just seems kind of pointless since Nadja is his metal side-project (although elements of what was Nadja's old sound was present in some older albums by his own name). Interestingly enough, there is a remixed Nadja track released under an Aidan Baker album.

And yes, Nadja is awesome (despite the fact a lot of the earlier material without a bassist, in my opinion, contain fillers). Personally, I like them even better now that their sound is becoming noiser and more defined :P!

caspian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:32 am 

Hydrogen_Cloud wrote:
caspian wrote:
Hydrogen_Cloud wrote:

I doubt Aidan Baker will make ever make a metal album under his own name... it just seems kind of pointless since Nadja is his metal side-project (although elements of what was Nadja's old sound was present in some older albums by his own name). Interestingly enough, there is a remixed Nadja track released under an Aidan Baker album.

And yes, Nadja is awesome (despite the fact a lot of the earlier material without a bassist, in my opinion, contain fillers). Personally, I like them even better now that their sound is becoming noiser and more defined :P!

yeah man. The first stuff I got was Corrasion and Skin Turns to Glass. They're both decent but Bodycage is way better.

Reply to topic