Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
opprobrium_9
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:25 am 

Basically straight forward as the title says. There would be a search box over the collection/trade/want list and one could engage an advanced search. Obviously being able to single out something of a certain genre, or date, or a musician in multiple bands, etc.

Feedback?

It would also be helpful for me, i don't know about anybody else, if there was some kind of averaging system on the collections list that would tell one how many albums one has in one's collection, want list, trade list. Counting manually is a bitch of a task, especially if you own a lot of releases. Is this planned for M-A 2? (i know i have suggested this one before, but it would be a great aid to me, and i assume my fellow M-A users)

As with virtually all of my suggestions thus far, someone else mentioned them first... so if this is the case with this one, (as always) feel free to scrap it.

Irenicus wrote:
I beat a chink today at Microsoft internet checkers... The red dragon soars no more.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:05 am 

opprobrium_9 wrote:
Counting manually is a bitch of a task, especially if you own a lot of releases. Is this planned for M-A 2? (i know i have suggested this one before, but it would be a great aid to me, and i assume my fellow M-A users)

It's not a real cure to this, but you can always copy-paste the collection from the browser into a spreadsheet (Excel) and look at the row numbers. That's what I do.

The counting function would probably be very easy to implement in the current version, too, but I don't think it's a good idea to divert the work from the MA2.0

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:29 pm 

Your first suggestion seems pretty good. I'll forward it to Morri. The second suggestion was already mentioned many times before. :p

Reply to topic