Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
absurder21
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:50 pm 

Is it just me or did something change with the way searching Albums works? I usually try to listen to everything that comes out in a month, so I'll put in the month (2024/2 - 2024/2 for last month) and the type (Full-length ) and that would give me everything newly released from that month no matter what format it came out on. But now I'm finding that it's been hyper-categorized into the format (CD, Cassette etc), which has muddied the waters considerably, because if I choose no Format than I don't get anywhere near what has come out this year, since most albums state what they came out on, but if I choose, say, CD or Digital, it gives me all the various Re-issues of old works that came out this year too (for example, Thy Catafalques Subliminary Tragedies and 3 inches of Bloods advance and vanquish show up now), despite the release date of the album itself NOT being from febuary of 2024. I can just put in all the formats, but then I get doubles and triples of every album that came out, which is annoying, PLUS the re-issues, where as I swear it used to just show you albums that were released for the first time within that time span I set. Am I going crazy? Was it always like this?

Reply to topic