Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:59 pm 

If an upcoming album can't be added to the MA during band submission, then, how is that on the MA homepage there is a list of upcoming albums?

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:02 pm 

Upcoming albums can be added to already listed bands if all the information needed (track list, full release date, album art, and format) is available and known.

~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:04 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Upcoming albums can be added to already listed bands if all the information needed (track list, full release date, album art, and format) is available and known.

Really? I thought it was a bannable offence. If, for example, a band's new album is coming out in October 2018, can I add it to the band's discography now?

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:14 pm 

VGanesh wrote:
Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:

Really? I thought it was a bannable offence. If, for example, a band's new album is coming out in October 2018, can I add it to the band's discography now?

Yes, you can add it if all the requirements I mentioned above are 100% officially confirmed. If even one of them isn't, don't add it.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:03 pm 

VGanesh wrote:
If an upcoming album can't be added to the MA during band submission, then, how is that on the MA homepage there is a list of upcoming albums?

Because those upcoming albums you see are not for bands that are already accepted with previous albums... not pending bands :P

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 320911
Past his bedtime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:58 am 

Morrigan wrote:
VGanesh wrote:

Because those upcoming albums you see are not for bands that are already accepted with previous albums... not pending bands :P

This should have been clearly written in the rules!!! :P

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:29 am 

VGanesh wrote:
This should have been clearly written in the rules!!! :P

https://www.metal-archives.com/content/ ... alid_album (third section, first paragraph):

The rules wrote:
Albums must have been publicly released and distributed to be considered valid. The only exception to this requirement is for bands already on the site with upcoming albums; we will allow those to be added if the information on them (exact release date, tracklisting and cover art) is complete and verified by an official source (the band or its label). Otherwise, all other albums listed in a band's discography must have been already released and distributed in some manner.

:scratch: It's one of the few things that's up-to-date in the rules...

Reply to topic