Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheUnhinged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 am 

I've tried to search this section of the forum on this topic and couldn't find it, so my bad if this has already been discussed.

I've been seeing that on a lot of musicians' profiles on here, their personal Facebook profiles have been linked. I'm wondering if this is something that is really all that appropriate. I could see the benefit of the band member themselves adding it for the sake of allowing their fans to add them. However, I'm willing to bet that 99% of the time, it's people on here who are adding the link to their Facebook profiles without permission. I could imagine it would lead to band members getting mass friend requests and/or getting harassed from people who they've never met, which I'm sure would be kind of unpleasant or creepy for them. It's one thing if they have their own page for promoting their music, that is open for people to follow/like, but their personal profile for their friends/family is another. I'm just curious as to what you guys think of this, as to whether it should be allowed or not.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:54 am 

Your post is pretty much on point; it's generally not allowed. I regularly have to send messages to people to stop doing it.

Unless the profile is clearly acting as a page for a person's musical career (as well), delete them. When in doubt, delete them.

Reply to topic