Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Acid Drinker
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:23 pm 

Hello, guy. I'm new to the forum and, well, I'm sorry if I misunderstood some rules and this is the wrong place to ask it (correct me if it really is the wrong place), but the thing is: I wanted to know if there is a "Blacklist page" of bands deleted by moderation already, so I can look into it to search for a band that isn't on the site but I wanted to add it. Is there any way I can see if a band is blacklisted or not? Thanks for helping.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:32 pm 

Hello Acid Drinker

There is a blacklist, but it's only visible to mods. If you want to know whether a band is blacklisted or not... on the main site, click on ''add a band'' but only write the band's name, and a message will come up alerting you that said band is blacklisted. However, if a band isn't blacklisted, that doesn't mean it's valid... it just means no one has attempted submitting it yet. The blacklist alert doesn't come with any reason, it's only in the mods' page... however, you can often find it too if you use the forum's search button (tip: highlight suggestions & complaints). If no results and you want to know why, the correct thread to ask is in the thread - Why Was Band X Rejected/Deleted.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 pm 

A long time ago, in a galaxy not so far away, we collectively decided that having the blacklist available to all users would cause more problems than it would solve (with users potentially trawling the list the bitch about their favorites being on the blacklist). That's why we have the "Why Was Band X Rejected/Deleted/Blacklisted" thread, so you can ask questions there (linked below).

https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... =3&t=64985

HouseSpiders did a fine job on ways to go about determining if a band is on the blacklist. So to answer your question, no, you can't see the so called "Black List Plage" or the actual blacklist page.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.