Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:52 pm 

I submitted this band on August 6th, two days before the official release date. I submitted it immediately when I saw it was posted on bandcamp because it is just two days before the official release date and normally, the submission will sitting in the queue one or two days or maybe more than that to get an approval or rejection. But the user name mlkdp submitted this band after me, obviously, and got approved. The reason that theunrelentingattack gave me is "his submission was entered on the release date". Yeah, I accepted that, but my submission is still there, still pending in the queue while mlkdp submitted his submission. Did you even see my submission? If you saw it and thought it was an invalid submission, why didn't you reject it quicker rather than let it sitting in the queue until another user submitted it. I respect him as a mod, but i disagree with his way of work about this.

TheGrimWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:35 am 

Why does it matter, so long as the band is included?

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:14 am 

There are currently 234 bands in the queue, and our volunteer staff are more than free to approach working on that queue however they like. If that means bands more recently submitted get checked before older entries, or staff prefer judging a genre they enjoy over the sludge or shoegaze bullshit that sometimes clogs the queues, that is their prerogative. To TUA's credit he did tell you straight-out why your submission was rejected. Regardless as to whether or not your submission should have been rejected sooner (we're not at your beck-and-call), you should know better not to submit a band days before the release of its album. Some mods may not necessarily realize that, and would accept your submission unknowingly, but it's a gamble. In this case you gambled and you lost.

Next time wait until the day of release before you submit a band to the queue.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Reply to topic