Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 335154
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:13 am 

Well, the deal is that i have an image of me, date of birth and location all related to me in an artist page and i'm getting lots of problems coming from that since it's then related to a black metal band, people around me just discovered that and from where i come from these guys are pretty religious and if more people find out i could find myself in very serious problems. How can i get this info out? Please i really need to take that out as soon as possible

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:28 am 

Yeah I'd like staff input on this question as well, it probably hasn't caused me nearly as many problems as the poster above me, but it's had unwanted side-effects for sure. I'm sure many, many people share this issue.

(I'm fine with the birth date.)

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:06 am 

jmiranda000 wrote:
Well, the deal is that i have an image of me, date of birth and location all related to me in an artist page and i'm getting lots of problems coming from that since it's then related to a black metal band, people around me just discovered that and from where i come from these guys are pretty religious and if more people find out i could find myself in very serious problems. How can i get this info out? Please i really need to take that out as soon as possible

Well, you added this information yourself. :roll:

Assuming this isn't public information listed elsewhere on the internet, I don't see a problem with removing it: http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Adnaryth/622250

Az?
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:11 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Well, you added this information yourself. :roll:

I think I did, too. :lol: I think it comes with a naive belief that no normal person would check Metal Archives for information on you.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 335154
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:50 pm 

yes, it's true, i added it myself because i never thought that someone with that kind of beliefs would come to metallum. I am not able to remove the birth date, location or image, please, if you could do that you'd have my eternal gratitude

edit: and yes, it isn't anywhere else on the internet, just here

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:18 pm 

We remove details such as date of birth, location and especially images on request. I've taken care of your entry, jmiranda000.

When it comes to names, it's not that straightforward; really primarily depends on whether it was published in some official capacity in the past or not (ex. printed in booklets), but that's not an issue here anyway. See also here (10th question) for more details.

Any issues with your entry, drone?

~Guest 335154
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:27 pm 

Thank you so much, Azmodes!!

Reply to topic