Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:14 pm 

This was definitely a well planned and hilarious prank on your part, MA. It was fun to play along.

Especially the part with Zodijackyl banning me for the day. I had a good chuckle at that, even though I kind of asked for it. But I felt like posting those lyrics and I really like that song (I sing along to it when I'm in public all the time). All in good fun is what April Fool's is all about.

The captcha caught me off guard. It took me a couple tries before one of the splunge logos was one I had seen before. The funny thing is, my first instinct was to open up a new window to look up the logo on Metal Archives, because that's how I try to do those Completely Unreadable Logo of the Week when I attempt them. That sure worked out well.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Trepas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:37 pm 

Hahaha! Fuck off to you! I don't know since how many years I'm a member of this site and must of the time I've felt the april fool (not always by the way), but this time you really got me! I did think "Whose the fucking retard that will pay 66$ a mounth?" (maybe the same retard that pay 200$ for average black metal demo on ebay that I paid 5$ 6 years ego), but else, it did make senses to me. Congratulation, it is your best prank so far!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:17 pm 

I must be getting old, or just regularly distracted, because the prank felt kind of real. Although in all honesty I knew that it couldn't be. But still, nice one.

On the captcha thing, yeah, I got Putridity and Pirexia for them logos. So being the death metal nut that I am it felt kind of real (and easy) to me! :lol:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:32 pm 

Goatfangs wrote:
Especially the part with Zodijackyl banning me for the day. I had a good chuckle at that, even though I kind of asked for it. But I felt like posting those lyrics and I really like that song (I sing along to it when I'm in public all the time). All in good fun is what April Fool's is all about.

I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.

I_Crash_and_Burn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:57 am 

edit. didn't read the whole thread.

BTW, maybe I am a fool but I guess I wouldn't mind to pay a little bucks to keep this site alive and well. In the end, it's 10 years I'm hangin' around here and I'd be really displeased if it quitted because of lack of cash.

~Guest 337487
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:26 pm 

Why don't you sell merch, much better way to make revenue.

Last edited by Diamhea on Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User was warned for two consecutive incidents of thread necromancy.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 pm 

You do realise that this was an April Fools joke, right?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5