Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Human Analog
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:25 pm 

Quick question about band submittals. I am in two bands currently. All my other bands are listed on the archives and were deemed "metal enough". In looking through the rules I see Post Rock bands are not allowed. What if the band is Post Metal with some mellow Post Rock elements. The majority of the music is heavy, guitar driven and rooted in metal. I would like to be able to submit my other band this fall once the album is completed. I would say we are in the realm of Russian Circles, and Isis (no vocals though). Do you think this would qualify? Do I get some kind of a pass since I am already listed in the Archives as an artist? Thanks.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 4:41 am 

Human Analog wrote:
What if the band is Post Metal with some mellow Post Rock elements. The majority of the music is heavy, guitar driven and rooted in metal. I would like to be able to submit my other band this fall once the album is completed. I would say we are in the realm of Russian Circles, and Isis (no vocals though). Do you think this would qualify?

If the music is primarily driven by metal riffs, then it's acceptable. That being said, "pre-checks" aren't a thing we do, so the proper course of action is to simply submit the band to the queue with all the required evidence and info, if you think they meet our criteria.

Human Analog wrote:
Do I get some kind of a pass since I am already listed in the Archives as an artist? Thanks.

No, each band is assessed based on its own merits.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Reply to topic