Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
metalatem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 am 

I've only recently started contributing to this site, so apologies if I'm not fully up to speed with how it all works on here.

Around March 21st I submitted some updated info on Vicious Barreka, including line-up changes and a newer band photo. Everything I submitted was obtained from a press kit I was sent by the band in 1986. This information, including the identically cropped photo, was added to the band page on April 13th, but has been credited to username Piotr_Bojka instead of me (metalatem)? My question is; shouldn't these updates be credited to me rather than, I'm guessing, the guy who approved my submission?

Thank you

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 am 

Read the guidelines please.
You do not make any info submissions, you report info and can only get one point for it.

Nobody gets credited for updates, only bands/reviews are listed under your user name.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:22 am 

The system records the name of the handle that actually modifies the page, not the name of the handle that reports the change. You have a small number of points on your account, suggesting that you were credited for your report. When/if you acquire enough status within the mechanical framework of the site to have some autonomy in editing pages (users below Veteran rank can only fill in blank fields), you will see your name appear in that field after these hypothetical edits. Incidentally, Piotr's name will disappear the next time the page is edited, unless he is again the one to edit it.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

metalatem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:24 am 

Witcher wrote:
You do not make any info submissions, you report info and can only get one point for it.

Nobody gets credited for updates, only bands/reviews are listed under your user name.

Okay, but I did not even receive a point for the info I 'reported'?

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:28 am 

metalatem wrote:
Witcher wrote:

That is up to the moderator to give you.
I do not know if you got it or not, but I hope you do want to argue about a single point.
The reports are for benefit of the site, you will not buy anything for those points.

metalatem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 am 

Witcher wrote:
metalatem wrote:
Witcher wrote:

That is up to the moderator to give you.
I do not know if you got it or not, but I hope you do want to argue about a single point.
The reports are for benefit of the site, you will not buy anything for those points.

I'm not wanting to argue about anything and frankly I don't care about earning brownie points. I just wanted to clarify the situation as regards credit/acknowledgements for submissions.

Thanks for your response

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:42 am 

Easy, Witcher.

If the information was as thorough as you say, then you will have surely received that 1 point. If not, Piotr will certainly be able to explain why.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:10 pm 

Sometimes I don't give a point if report is really shitty.
When it's not logic, stupid or something like that.

I remember that update, but not exacly report. I'm not sure. Maybe you wasn't logged in MA?
To many reports... so forgive me xD
I can't remember eveyrthing.

And don't ask me about every single band : do you have their music, contact to them or where I can buy this?

metalatem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:10 am 

Piotr_Bojka wrote:
Sometimes I don't give a point if report is really shitty.
When it's not logic, stupid or something like that.

I remember that update, but not exacly report. I'm not sure. Maybe you wasn't logged in MA?
To many reports... so forgive me xD
I can't remember eveyrthing.

And don't ask me about every single band : do you have their music, contact to them or where I can buy this?

I reported three Vicious Barreka line-up changes with departure/arrival dates and uploaded a more recent band photo, so not sure if you would judge that as a 'shitty' or 'stupid' report to deny issuing a point? But anyway, no worries. I think I am beginning to understand now how this site operates!

Thanks to all who responded.

Reply to topic