Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:46 am 

No, I'm not asking if they should be in the Archives. I know they are not metal.

However, shouldn't they be listed in the parenthesis that show what other bands Tommy Lee and Jason Newsted have been in?

On Mötley Crüe's page, Rock Star Supernova is not listed in Tommy Lee's parenthesis. - www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=4787

On Metallica and Voivod's pages, it is included in Newsted's parenthesis, but the band is mistitled as Rock Star: Supernova, though that is the name of the show, the band was simply Rock Star Supernova. - www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=125 , www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=115

On Newsted's other band pages, Rock Star Supernova is not listed in the parenthesis.

So, should the band be titled correctly and be featured in all of Newsted's parenthesis? Should the band be included in Tommy Lee's parenthesis?

I'm just curious. I'm also curious to know how important it is for all of a band members' parenthesis to have the same bands listed. Often, I've seen that on one page, all of a band members' other projects will be listed (whether they are metal or not), and on another band page, only a few of them will be listed. I want to know if this should be fixed, or if it isn't that big of a deal. I've been unsure as to whether or not those pages needed updating.

Thanks in advance. I hope this wasn't a dumb question.

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:44 am 

Yes, that should be fixed.

Karnstein Records
www.karnsteinrecords.com

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:34 am 

If some bands are not always all listed, it's simply because no one has updated the list or bothered to write them. Feel free to complete those lists if you want.

WonderPat
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:48 am 

Alright, thanks for the responses! I updated all of the band pages by adding the projects in the parenthesis that weren't listed. I also fixed Rock Star: Supernova, by changing it to Rock Star Supernova.

Reply to topic