Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
obZen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:42 pm 

The Great Collapse. They're in the queue list now. But it shows that 11 minutes later, someone named barrage somehow entered the exact same information, but without the release that I added on.

This doesn't seem normal to me since no other band is shown to have been submitted twice in the queue list. So I take it that either MA is having issues, this guy is trying to steal points or I am missing out on something.

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:47 pm 

obZen wrote:
The Great Collapse. They're in the queue list now. But it shows that 11 minutes later, someone named barrage somehow entered the exact same information, but without the release that I added on.

This doesn't seem normal to me since no other band is shown to have been submitted twice in the queue list. So I take it that either MA is having issues, this guy is trying to steal points or I am missing out on something.

I looked at both, and since everything is almost exactly the same, (except the pic size and the missing release) I'm suspecting he copied and pasted that information from your submission

Either that, or you guys both copied and pasted your info from the same source, and its just a coincidence that his was posted 11 minutes after yours.

todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:54 pm 

I don't know exactly what he was trying to do, but based on the number of band submissions and points he has, I would say that he's just unfamiliar with the system and doesn't fully understand what he's doing. The fact that he's from the UAE and may not fully understand English might contribute to this as well. I doubt that he was trying to steal your submission, but he was probably trying to add more info and didn't know how (even though I don't see anything different).

obZen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:11 pm 

Well, I got info from various sources and certain parts were slightly reworded by me, so it's clearly a direct copy and paste. Now that I look at his though, the only differences are that he has the band pic and logo mixed up, the logo is smaller, the band pic is much larger and his myspace link wording is slightly different. Odd.

Anyways, as long as this doesn't affect me. I just wanted to have solace in adding at least one band, since I actually know the guitarist.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:42 pm 

I rejected the duplicate. Relax, the earlier submission has the right-of-way, as long as it is complete and submitted in a form that can be approved.

obZen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:59 pm 

Napero wrote:
I rejected the duplicate. Relax, the earlier submission has the right-of-way, as long as it is complete and submitted in a form that can be approved.

Alright, that's fine. Thanks. I also reported a variety of errors I made. It's a shame it'll take a long time for mods to read. Wouldn't it be easier if the person who has submitted can go back and edit the submission?

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:10 pm 

obZen wrote:
Napero wrote:

Alright, that's fine. Thanks. I also reported a variety of errors I made. It's a shame it'll take a long time for mods to read. Wouldn't it be easier if the person who has submitted can go back and edit the submission?

Or, you could just add all the information the first time around, maybe even double check before you submit.

obZen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:24 pm 

Gravemarker wrote:
obZen wrote:
Napero wrote:

Or, you could just add all the information the first time around, maybe even double check before you submit.

You're right. However, a) they were minor and easy to overlook and b) it was just a result of human error. Much like forgetting a comma or a space in a sentence.

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:27 pm 

obZen wrote:
Gravemarker wrote:
obZen wrote:
Napero wrote:

You're right. However, a) they were minor and easy to overlook and b) it was just a result of human error. Much like forgetting a comma or a space in a sentence.

I think I might be missing your point when I say this, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway:

That's why we have the report button! :D

obZen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:50 pm 

Gravemarker wrote:

I think I might be missing your point when I say this, but I'll go ahead and say it anyway:

I understand. That's what I initially did.

I apologize, I'm just getting the hang of the site. I've been lurking since around '05 though. :(

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:56 pm 

obZen wrote:
Gravemarker wrote:

I understand. That's what I initially did.

I apologize, I'm just getting the hang of the site. I've been lurking since around '05 though. :(

Nah, it's fine. I'm a bit of a noob myself, I lurked for about a month before joining about four months ago. The thing is, I have no life, so the massive amount of hours I've spent here has contributed to me being slightly less noobish than most of the new guys.

Reply to topic