Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
VikingThrone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:50 pm 

Im sure this has already been asked but i was just curious because i though it used to say that any band that comes into the category of that malcore/deathcore whatever core crap would be rejected for submission to this website but yet i see bands like killswitch engage, trivium, white chapel, etc. Now dont get me wrong I love this website but i just hate to see it get flooded with all of these shitty bands.

thejuiceisloose
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 pm 

The entrance standards have relaxed over the years as more "slightly more metalcore than the last band accepted" bands set precedents for bands slightly more metalcore than themselves to be accepted in the future.

Not really anything you can do about it unless there is a policy change.

Every time a Christian dies they are sent straight to the Dachau of the underworld for the sin of Jesus worship!

todesengel_hell
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:01 pm 

I just searched the entire news archive on the website and not once did I see anything about metalcore/deathcore bands being automatically rejected because they are simply metalcore. According to the website's guidelines, as long as they are considered more metal than -core, they are accepted and it's been that way for years. Numetal has always been banned and there are no bands listed here for releases that fall under this category. Some numetal bands are listed here if they made at least one release that is completely metal according to the site's guidelines. I don't where you're getting your information.

PriestofSadWings
Bishop of Dark Spaces

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:41 am 

OP: You're seriously trying deny that Trivium is metal? I mean, they suck, but they're a lot more metal than most -core bands are.

There are some bands that MA rejects and accepts that are pretty puzzling. The Human Abstract play pretty much the same thing as Protest the Hero, but PtH are on here and THA aren't. Just go with it.

Nyaricus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:52 am 

VikingThrone wrote:
Im sure this has already been asked but i was just curious because i though it used to say that any band that comes into the category of that malcore/deathcore whatever core crap would be rejected for submission to this website but yet i see bands like killswitch engage, trivium, white chapel, etc. Now dont get me wrong I love this website but i just hate to see it get flooded with all of these shitty bands.

You're right, we absolutely should purge the archives of all the thrash bands on here. Those pesky core influences are simply too prevalent.

Really, think before you post. You won't last long here otherwise (if you aren't a troll, that is).

----------------
Now playing: Jesu - Your Path to Divinity

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:54 am 

Maybe we need to bring that relaxation to an end now.

obZen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:14 am 

Nyaricus wrote:
You're right, we absolutely should purge the archives of all the thrash bands on here. Those pesky core influences are simply too prevalent.

Really, think before you post. You won't last long here otherwise (if you aren't a troll, that is).

Well, to be fair, thrash has minimal core in it in that it is its own separate entity. Metalcore on the other hand (while also a separate entity from hardcore) takes prevalent influences from it.

Also, while it's obvious, I think it's imperative to point out that the old school -core that thrash metal takes its roots from is infinitely different from the newer wave of hardcore (Hatebreed, anyone?) that metalcore is taking influence from.

So yea, just my two cents. In reality, I'm really pro metal. If it has a good dose of metal in it, it should be on Metal Archives. Simple as that. And while I do find Trivium to blow, they are metal.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.