Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Konvulsion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:40 am 

Azmodes wrote:
OpsiusCato wrote:
About Abortions, I think. Blacklisted for being mostly ambient in 2013. Konvulsion, if there have been any new releases since then, please share links.

Hi
This is the official Bandcamp of the band.
Here there are all the musical works.

https://aboutabortions.bandcamp.com/music

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:55 am 

Xenotath wrote:
I'm trying to upload the band Enraged( ita) from Bassano del Grappa.
After sumbit it was rejected because moderators wants some proofs( audio files,booklet scans) to prove this band.but i already provided this links below in the comment visible only to moderators,with many other links to other websites.probably someone havn't read my comment really well.what more informations to prove them?
S.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byksr ... 1ZFWHdzQVk

Sorry, the mod must have missed that. Thanks for the link, but it sounds more like hardcore/nu-metal.

Konvulsion wrote:
Hi
This is the official Bandcamp of the band.
Here there are all the musical works.

https://aboutabortions.bandcamp.com/music

I'm still not hearing a lot of riffs. Another mod agrees with me, so the blacklisting stays.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Xenotath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:50 am 

About Enraged:

No problems,i can understand moderators have a lot of work!,yes i'm not so expert on those generes than i put what you suggest.i re-send the band
Thanks,S.

Konvulsion
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:51 am 

[/quote]
I'm still not hearing a lot of riffs. Another mod agrees with me, so the blacklisting stays.[/quote]

The sound of Depressive Black Metal especially in the last years is change in something of more different respect the traditional Black Metal. As a guitarist, for this project I used power chords and also arpeggios in repetitive and monotonous sequences, like all the guitarist of the genre.
But in any case if for you, the sound is a lot different, we can find a meeting point.
If we change the Genre Status in "Experimentally Depressive Black Metal", Could we have an agreement?

dregsofpluto
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:05 am 

Hello,

not too long ago, I submitted the band Mizery (San Diego crossover band) and was wondering why the rejection? Though this is my personal opinion, and I do understand that crossover is risky business here, their LP "Absolute Light" is their "most metal" release. Again, this is just personal opinion, and would like to know the mod's views.

Thanks!!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:29 am 

Borderline; predominantly hardcore.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:30 am 

PDS wrote:

I wouldn't call it purely black metal. Considering that about half the album is acoustic guitar or ambient. It seems just barely passable, but I would like a second opinion on this. I'll pass it along to some other mods.
[/quote]

So, another mod?

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:51 am 

Axel666MoWi wrote:
PDS wrote:

I wouldn't call it purely black metal. Considering that about half the album is acoustic guitar or ambient. It seems just barely passable, but I would like a second opinion on this. I'll pass it along to some other mods.

So, another mod?[/quote]

I agree with PDS too.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:02 pm 

So? Blacklist or whitelist?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 pm 

Konvulsion wrote:
The sound of Depressive Black Metal especially in the last years is change in something of more different respect the traditional Black Metal. As a guitarist, for this project I used power chords and also arpeggios in repetitive and monotonous sequences, like all the guitarist of the genre.
But in any case if for you, the sound is a lot different, we can find a meeting point.
If we change the Genre Status in "Experimentally Depressive Black Metal", Could we have an agreement?

It doesn't really matter what you put in the genre field, we judge the music itself. I know that DSBM is a different beast from other forms of (black) metal and I'm often not entirely comfortable judging bands from that subgenre. In any case, we base inclusions on the prevalence of metal riffs and for this band there simply seem to be more ambient parts than actual metal parts. Please respect that decision.

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:23 pm 

Perhaps Picaporters (Argentina) should be reconsidered?

Their latest album from 2016 is stoner/doom. Earlier material might not be metal enough though.

https://picaporters.bandcamp.com/album/el-horror-oculto

dregsofpluto
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:04 pm 

Diamhea wrote:
Borderline; predominantly hardcore.

Ah, fair enough.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:16 pm 

Can I get some details on the blacklist notes for Medusa (USA)?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:29 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Can I get some details on the blacklist notes for Medusa (USA)?

Blacklist says Hardcore/Noise Rock/Punk. There is no date on the blacklist note, so it's pretty old.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:17 pm 

Axel666MoWi wrote:
So? Blacklist or whitelist?

Blacklist. Three of now say not metal enough.

Xenotath wrote:
About Enraged:

No problems,i can understand moderators have a lot of work!,yes i'm not so expert on those generes than i put what you suggest.i re-send the band
Thanks,S.

Even though Az answered this I do apologize for missing the music in the Google drive.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:34 pm 

Why was Angelmaker from Canada blacklisted?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:12 pm 

More -core than metal circa 2013
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:32 pm 

They came out with an album in 2015 that is a lot more black/death metal influenced. I'll post a link if y'all are down to give it a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JZ-i8WgGIM

Wilkun
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:16 am 

Why Othalan Folk Metal band from Poland is on blacklisted?
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Othalan/3540375343

Their latest album "Po Krańce Gór".

https://othalan.bandcamp.com/

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:28 am 

Returning to Armorer (conversation starts here):

Shadechaser wrote:
Azmodes wrote:
No proof of a valid release, had to be blacklisted because of multiple resubmissions.

A little bit short, however:
https://solar-asceticists-productions.b ... m/cerulean
Released digitally a couple days ago, physical copy comes in July.
Both by Solar Asceticists Productions
Will that do?

Azmodes wrote:
Post again once the tape is out.

Seems they have two releases already, each a bit shorter than 20 minutes, however they are TWO releases :)
http://armorer.bandcamp.com/
should we try it again?

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:41 pm 

Wilkun wrote:
Why Othalan Folk Metal band from Poland is on blacklisted?
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Othalan/3540375343

Their latest album "Po Krańce Gór".

https://othalan.bandcamp.com/

Blacklisted because people kept on submitting the original 12 minute EP. Whitelisted so it can FINALLY be evaluated.

Shadechaser wrote:
Returning to Armorer

That seems fine, whitelisted.

count hellsmasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:37 pm 

Blacklisted for no reason and we are getting no response as to why, not cool. We have a legitimate release that is currently being made into 50 cds.

https://deadmetal.bandcamp.com/releases

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:56 pm 

I can see why Wilderness Dream's first album got them blacklisted, but their new album seems like much more acceptable crossover.

https://wildernessdream.bandcamp.com/al ... lysis-rise

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:55 pm 

What the blacklist note says on Poolside at the Flamingo from US? I've used searching tool but still can't find what the reason exactly.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:25 pm 

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows wrote:
They came out with an album in 2015 that is a lot more black/death metal influenced. I'll post a link if y'all are down to give it a chance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JZ-i8WgGIM

Whitelisted for a proper evaluation. I skimmed it, and there's still a lot of core but there's enough to warrant a full assessment.

cepit wrote:
What the blacklist note says on Poolside at the Flamingo from US? I've used searching tool but still can't find what the reason exactly.

Grindcore/mathcore. Blacklisted in 2015.

Azmodes wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:32 pm 

count hellsmasher wrote:
Blacklisted for no reason and we are getting no response as to why, not cool. We have a legitimate release that is currently being made into 50 cds.

Well your EP does fall into a grey area for digital releases that ultimately is decided upon by moderator discretion. I haven't listened to it or dealt with it but the blacklist says no proof of release. So did you provide the bandcamp link at time of submission? If so then the mod probably decided it didn't make the cut for a digital release. In that case wait until your upcoming physical release.

Azmodes wrote:

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:14 am 

Please, why was Octopus (Brazil) blacklisted?

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:50 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
count hellsmasher wrote:

Well your EP does fall into a grey area for digital releases that ultimately is decided upon by moderator discretion. I haven't listened to it or dealt with it but the blacklist says no proof of release. So did you provide the bandcamp link at time of submission? If so then the mod probably decided it didn't make the cut for a digital release. In that case wait until your upcoming physical release.

It falls way short of the suggested 20 minute guideline. The moment the physical media is out, the band can be re-evaluated.

dimegray
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:23 am 

Hi, some months ago I submitted a band called "Neve", from Italy, but you blacklisted the band, because you needed a physical release and an acceptable-quality digital release. Can I show you this is actually done, with these links?

https://neveofficial.bandcamp.com/album ... he-unknown

http://depressiveillusions.com/items/cd ... es-unknown

http://depressiveillusions.com/items/ta ... es-unknown

Please, let me know if you can delete the band from the blacklist and publish it. I woul be very glad. Thank you!

ChoseDeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:06 pm 

Greetings all! I would like to inquire after why the band Reaping Asmodeia is blacklisted. I'm jamming their album "Impuritize" right now, and it sounds like Job For A Cowboy and The Faceless are playing together. If they have content prior to this album that isn't metal, I'm unaware of it. Thank you in advance for your response and have a lovely day!

P.S. The entire album is on Youtube on the Prosthetic Records page. Prosthetic also released the physical album.

Satanwolf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:36 pm 

Regarding the rejection of the submission of Wolves of Odin, if you provide a mailing address, I will gladly send you a copy of the CDr. The guitarist is in full agreement with sending you a copy of the EP. I am not in the habit of being dishonest, I have no reason to be, and the CD is not photoshopped. As I stated in the submission, 20 copies of the CDr have been created and have been distributed to individuals close to the band in two different cities. The disc is now in the hands of music fans, and it is highly likely that more CDs will be created as the need for further promotion presents itself.

As far as this band actually existing, I can also tell you that the second EP, consisting of four songs, is now about 80% recorded, just lacking guitar solos. And our second effort is superior in songwriting and production to our first. This EP will also be released digitally and in a physical format. I know this is irrelevant to the existence of our first EP and to our submission, but it is fact all the same.

Again, you want a disc, provide Wolves of Odin with a mailing address. What have you got to lose? You get a killer 3-song EP of underground metal, and Wolves of Odin prove that we exist and hopefully become legitimate for inclusion in the Metal Archives. In the name of metal, I look forward to hearing from you. Prosatanos, aka Satanwolf aka Wolfe, guitarist/vocalist of Brimstone Fist

PS- before the day is over, the EP will have been advertised on the Brimstone Fist Facebook site, as I am member of both bands. Just a little additional "proof."

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:56 pm 

Satanwolf wrote:
Regarding the rejection of the submission of Wolves of Odin, if you provide a mailing address, I will gladly send you a copy of the CDr. The guitarist is in full agreement with sending you a copy of the EP. I am not in the habit of being dishonest, I have no reason to be, and the CD is not photoshopped. As I stated in the submission, 20 copies of the CDr have been created and have been distributed to individuals close to the band in two different cities. The disc is now in the hands of music fans, and it is highly likely that more CDs will be created as the need for further promotion presents itself.

As far as this band actually existing, I can also tell you that the second EP, consisting of four songs, is now about 80% recorded, just lacking guitar solos. And our second effort is superior in songwriting and production to our first. This EP will also be released digitally and in a physical format. I know this is irrelevant to the existence of our first EP and to our submission, but it is fact all the same.

Again, you want a disc, provide Wolves of Odin with a mailing address. What have you got to lose? You get a killer 3-song EP of underground metal, and Wolves of Odin prove that we exist and hopefully become legitimate for inclusion in the Metal Archives. In the name of metal, I look forward to hearing from you. Prosatanos, aka Satanwolf aka Wolfe, guitarist/vocalist of Brimstone Fist

PS- before the day is over, the EP will have been advertised on the Brimstone Fist Facebook site, as I am member of both bands. Just a little additional "proof."

Actually, I'll help you with this. Send me a PM or email (link on profile). Thanks!

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:05 pm 

Satanwolf wrote:
Again, you want a disc, provide Wolves of Odin with a mailing address. What have you got to lose?

but what do YOU gain?
is being mentioned on Metal Archives a top of your dreams?
you show such an excess of zeal.
it's just a website, man, just a computer with some bytes in it...
(sorry for interrupting and melancholic off-topic... gonna get a couple of beers)

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:39 pm 

dimegray wrote:
Hi, some months ago I submitted a band called "Neve", from Italy, but you blacklisted the band, because you needed a physical release and an acceptable-quality digital release. Can I show you this is actually done, with these links?

https://neveofficial.bandcamp.com/album ... he-unknown

http://depressiveillusions.com/items/cd ... es-unknown

http://depressiveillusions.com/items/ta ... es-unknown

Please, let me know if you can delete the band from the blacklist and publish it. I woul be very glad. Thank you!

The band wasn't blacklisted because of lack of release, it was blacklisted for not being metal.

ChoseDeath wrote:
Greetings all! I would like to inquire after why the band Reaping Asmodeia is blacklisted. I'm jamming their album "Impuritize" right now, and it sounds like Job For A Cowboy and The Faceless are playing together. If they have content prior to this album that isn't metal, I'm unaware of it. Thank you in advance for your response and have a lovely day!

P.S. The entire album is on Youtube on the Prosthetic Records page. Prosthetic also released the physical album.

Eh, if you mean Doom-era JFAC and Akeldama-era The Faceless. The band was originally blacklisted in 2013. Listening to the new album... seems borderline. There are some songs that are more metal than breakdown. Going to go on the side of caution and keep the blacklist unless any other mod wants to pipe in.

ChoseDeath
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:58 pm 

That's precisely what I meant, lol. Cool man. Thanks for answering. Have a great day.

ballad_
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:11 am 

My question's in the title; I think their last record sounded pretty great and wanted to add them as a band, but they've already been blacklisted :(

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:41 am 

ballad_ wrote:
My question's in the title; I think their last record sounded pretty great and wanted to add them as a band, but they've already been blacklisted :(

Please use the search function next time, plenty of official comments for that one. For instance.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:49 am 

some guy wrote:
My question's in the title...

(for the mods) What title? I can see his title when I quote his post, but not reading the forum. Is this a glitch, or does the invisible subject line serve a purpose?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:39 am 

Opus wrote:
some guy wrote:
My question's in the title...

(for the mods) What title? I can see his title when I quote his post, but not reading the forum. Is this a glitch, or does the invisible subject line serve a purpose?

No idea. phpBB sucks donkey balls.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 am 

Each post in a thread can have its own subject or title. You can view this if you go to "quote" the post. Most of the time it's "RE: Whatever the title of the thread is," but users are free to change it. It's a pretty dumb feature of phpBB3, and - at least on our forum - not at all useful or relevant and a little antiquated.

In any case, for those who don't wish to bother to look the question he had was... dun dun dun... "Why was 'Between The Buried And Me' blacklisted?"

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 455, 456, 457, 458, 459, 460, 461 ... 541  Next