Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Slenderikos
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:03 am 

Azmodes wrote:
No problem. :P

The blacklist note says that it sounds like "Staind meets AFI" and there is no valid proof of release either.

the demo released on youtube(official chanel) from the band! check the links
do you mean the genre is wrong?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:58 am 

Slenderikos wrote:
the demo released on youtube(official chanel) from the band! check the links
do you mean the genre is wrong?

A Youtube stream is not a valid release. And I mean that the band was primarily rejected because it's not metal.

Shadechaser wrote:
That's not the first time I ask for the other moderators' opinion in case someone rejected "my" band.

Let's not mince words. You specifically asked for "old mods", not simply a second opinion. That suggests that you do not accept the judgement of one group of mods as opposed to another. That's not too different from the often-cited and maligned "running to mommy if daddy says no" tactic. It's fine to ask for another set of ears, but to me this reeks of "can't a REAL mod take this one?".

Shadechaser wrote:
As far as I know ones who have more experience in anything are more competent, so I honestly don't understand what's wrong.

Sure, newer mods are still getting the hang of how to deal with the site's various complexities, but we aren't appointing staffers willy-nilly. Implying that a certain mod's judgement is less worthy of being heeded is not only disrespectful to them, but also to the rest of us, who deemed them fit to be modded.

I'm listening to Grott right now, it's certainly quite crusty/hardcore. I would probably have kept it to a comment in the mod notes, without either approving or rejecting. I'm leaning no for now, though.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am 

Blackmore Forever wrote:
Also, those riffs are more metal than the ones of most "power metal" bands of the new eras (italian or not), or "symphonic metal" bands or "gothic metal" bands and similar which are in MA.

5. Comparing bands (don't)

This may seem like the obvious course of action in some cases, but be advised that we generally frown upon arguments like "you have band A listed and band B is similar, hence you must also accept band B". Please avoid this, as it comes with the following problems:
1) We simply do not work that way. Each band is assessed and judged on its own merit and trying to compare two distinct bands is treacherous business, even if they may sound similar. And if the two are indeed sonic carbon copies, perhaps the listed one should be deleted instead.
2) Since the site lists a (very) small number of non-metal exceptions, one might be tempted to use them as a reference point. However, these are exactly that, exceptions, and not subject to our guidelines on music.
3) Slippery slope. We do not want to base further inclusions solely on one or more listed band(s) that might be questionable or were wrongly approved to begin with. We would rather (re-)assess the proposed inclusion and the compared listed band(s) on their own instead of expanding a part of the database based around repeated instances of a resigned "we'll, we have this, why not this as well?". See item 1).
4) Most importantly, the Archives can in some ways be seen as a database of metal releases rather than bands. What that means is that in order to gain entry, a band only needs one predominantly metal release (ideally a full-length), regardless of the rest of their discography. This can result in bands starting out as metal, but changing to non-metal later or the reverse. More subtle cases exist, with bands being listed based on a (possibly lesser-known) fraction of their discography. So how does this connect to comparing bands? Well, it's simple: Since we judge releases, comparing band A as a whole to band B as a whole is a fallacious argument when one is actually comparing non-metal output of band A (accepted based on their metal output) to non-metal output of band B (unacceptable because they have no metal output). Consider it one level above arguing that band B should be included because they have a few songs as metal as band A's releases.

So again, each band is judged individually and we don't do the blind approach "A, hence also B".
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Denni97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:18 am 

Hello,

can you tell me, why my band "AdvenA" is blacklisted?
We play Progressive Thrash- Deathmetal, so i think we play "real" metal.
And we released our Album "Realität" on 2017-12-17.

I think this is a error.

Best regards
Denni97

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:19 am 

"2017-12-17"? I assume you mean 2016.

The blacklist says it's more -core than metal. Please link to samples if you want a second opinion.

Denni97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:39 am 

Oh, sure. Sorry.

I hope Spotify-Links are ok. (i have also Bandcamp-links)

https://open.spotify.com/track/7p5qkqLzAt0wyqbTUU7I0E
https://open.spotify.com/track/10yhDHOQLbjQm8qjpEasSY

https://advena1.bandcamp.com/track/am-siebten-tag
https://advena1.bandcamp.com/track/realit-t

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm 

...omg, so much fuss from one word... :-/
Azmodes wrote:
Let's not mince words. You specifically asked for "old mods", not simply a second opinion. That suggests that you do not accept the judgement of one group of mods over another. That's not too different from the often-cited and maligned "running to mommy if daddy says no" tactic. It's fine to ask for another set of ears, but to me this reeks of "can't a REAL mod take this one?".

Could we PLEASE take it as "can't other-mod-whose-nickname-I've-seen-much-more-times take this one?"
Not because I don't believe that mod but because I want other opinion and oops! all of the others are "older" here, is it my fault too?!
Thanks for parenting me, I appreciate it but in Russian the word "old" means also "former", "previous", so I just meant the one whom I "know" here for a little bit more time.
I didn't mean his age although I am listening to rock and metal more than he lives :-D
Anyway sorry for my English, and for other culture maybe, I also sometimes say racists words and condemn Christianity and politics, ok, come on, who's next to beat a boy?
And I've said "sorry" just some messages ago, should I make it again and again for every moderator who decides to curse me for the word "old"? :)

Azmodes wrote:
I'm listening to Grott right now, it's certainly quite crusty/hardcore. I would probably have kept it to a comment in the mod notes, without either approving or rejecting. I'm leaning no for now, though.

Sorry again for my English!
Does the last sentence means you doesn't hear metal there too?
Guys, I'm concerned much, several bands I've submitted last months were rejected for being not metal, some criteria have changed here or I'm getting too OLD? :old:

Last edited by Shadechaser on Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:55 pm 

Denni97 wrote:

Looks like two different mods agreed on this one being more -core. Myself, I'd say it's acceptable as far as borderline metalcore goes, but that's not enough to overturn the decision on its own.

Shadechaser wrote:
Could we PLEASE take it as "can't other-mod-whose-nickname-I've-seen-much-more-times take this one?"
Not because I don't believe that mod but because I want other opinion and oops! all of the others are "older" here, is it my fault too?!
Thanks for parenting me, I appreciate it but in Russian the word "old" means also "former", "previous", so I just meant the one whom I "know" here for a little bit more time.

Not entirely sure that any of this necessarily invalidates all of my previous points, but let's put this to rest already and chalk it up to a poor choice of words/language barrier. Please tone it down with the victim complex, though. It's a bit childish.

Shadechaser wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Sorry again for my English!
Does the last sentence means you doesn't hear metal there too?

No, I hear it. I'm just doubtful as to whether it is predominant.

Denni97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:01 pm 

When was the first decision?
I think to that time we only had a song with metalcore elements.
Is there any possibility to remove us from the blacklist?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:14 pm 

I just gave Advena another listen and discussed it with Azmodes. While there's some metal in here, it doesn't seem predominantly metal - it's more on the -core side of metalcore. Erosion and I discussed this band when it was submitted earlier this year. It will remain blacklisted.

Denni97
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:22 pm 

Do you think so?
You are the first who said, we are more -core.
Well, i think i can't convince you.
Maybe with our second album.
Have a nice day :)

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:11 pm 

Shadechaser wrote:
I just use "View update history" link to see how much moderators were involved in submission's conversation even before accepting the band.
So yes - I've no way of seeing them but I see they are.
And I see there was only one moderator, in this case.
Sometimes there are more than one strings from different moderators (I've seen even 4 once), I guess it means that style (and maybe other details) is being discussed by the stuff.

FYI, that doesn't necessarily mean no one else chipped in for a band assessment, since most of our staff discussion is done either in IRC or the HQ, both which are private and hidden to nonmods.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Yousl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:05 pm 

Hello guys,
can you tell me, why my band "The Fallen Lives" is blacklisted?
I think we play "real" metal.
we released our Album "Lallen Leaves" on 2012

Best regards
Yousl

~Guest 359103
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 pm 

Can Left to Starve be accepted now? They are crusty death metal and have a valid release, a digital EP from 2014. here's their bandcamp

https://lefttostarve.bandcamp.com/

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 am 

Saetiah wrote:
Can Left to Starve be accepted now? They are crusty death metal and have a valid release, a digital EP from 2014. here's their bandcamp

https://lefttostarve.bandcamp.com/

First of all, no, they don't have a valid release.
Second, this is straight up crust punk.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:25 am 

Yousl wrote:
Hello guys,

Best regards
Yousl

The entry in the blacklist is old, so before a note was required. It's also for a band from Greece. Post samples of your music and we'll go from there.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Windir80
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:58 am 

Poem from Greece
Azmodes wrote:

"modern grunge/prog rock", though the blacklisting is from 2012 or earlier. Is there a way to listen to the 2016 album in full?

mm nope, not in legal way
(on youtube there are all the tracks)

anyway, i've seen Poem and Persefone in a gig a few weeks ago,
and imho they are prog metal-prog rock with a little "sistem of a downish" line on the vocal part

but, i'm not an expert on recognize all metal genres..!

thanks and bye

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:14 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Yousl wrote:
Hello guys,

Best regards
Yousl

The entry in the blacklist is old, so before a note was required. It's also for a band from Greece. Post samples of your music and we'll go from there.

"Fallen Leaves" is the debut album from "The Fallen Lives", released on 2012. It's the same greek band, from Thessaloniki.
The album consist on 8 songs:

Samples: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 8 songs

There's a streaming-only EP called "Architect of Grief" (sample)

Genre description & influences: link

ReverbNation / Facebook / YouTube / Twitter

Yousl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:58 am 

Midnight Rider wrote:

"Fallen Leaves" is the debut album from "The Fallen Lives", released on 2012. It's the same greek band, from Thessaloniki.
The album consist on 8 songs:

Samples: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6 · 8 songs

There's a streaming-only EP called "Architect of Grief" (sample)

Genre description & influences: link

ReverbNation / Facebook / YouTube / Twitter
]

Except of you can listen all first album and acoustics here https://myspace.com/thefallenlives/music/songs and 2 more songs for ep here https://www.reverbnation.com/fallenlives (my revemge and architecture of a grief)

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:22 am 

Oh. Well apparently you went and got yourself banned for blacklist evasion. The answer to both your submissions is no, this is Nu Metal. Not acceptable.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:27 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Gutsack: Questionable release. We'll discuss it.

Any resolution yet, guys?

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Yousl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:28 am 

Oh. Well apparently you went and got yourself banned for blacklist evasion. The answer to both your submissions is no, this is Nu Metal. Not acceptable.

maybe no Nu-metal but still metal!
i cant undestrand your reaction!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm 

Windir80 wrote:
Poem from Greece
Azmodes wrote:

"modern grunge/prog rock", though the blacklisting is from 2012 or earlier. Is there a way to listen to the 2016 album in full?

mm nope, not in legal way
(on youtube there are all the tracks)

anyway, i've seen Poem and Persefone in a gig a few weeks ago,
and imho they are prog metal-prog rock with a little "sistem of a downish" line on the vocal part

but, i'm not an expert on recognize all metal genres..!

thanks and bye

I checked on Youtube and sounds like the blacklisting still applies.

Yousl wrote:

maybe no Nu-metal but still metal!
i cant undestrand your reaction!

It's simple: As the rules clearly state, this site does not consider nu-metal to be metal.

NARAKU666 wrote:
Zodijackyl wrote:
Gutsack: Questionable release. We'll discuss it.

Any resolution yet, guys?

The release is fine with me, but the music isn't, actually. Unacceptable goregrind.

Yousl
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:19 pm 

Azmodes wrote:
It's simple: As the rules clearly state, this site does not consider nu-metal to be metal.

yeap ! like all this bands! :

anyway! No way!

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm 

Notice that none of those bands have only nu-metal in their genre field.

cepit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:55 pm 

What blacklist notes says on Dunia from Indonesia? And what year it was blacklisted?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:02 pm 

cepit wrote:
What blacklist notes says on Dunia from Indonesia? And what year it was blacklisted?

Djent but borderline prog metal. 2017

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Rotten1706
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:14 pm 

Release evidence (independent release):

http://imgur.com/a/FQvPO

metalness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmiULriAyM

thanks for your time

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:35 am 

were Me and That Man considered for inclusion at all? if you don't mind me asking...

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:59 am 

Rotten1706 wrote:
Release evidence (independent release):

http://imgur.com/a/FQvPO

metalness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NmiULriAyM

thanks for your time

Please resubmit and include this in the "Submission notes" box.

aloof wrote:
were Me and That Man considered for inclusion at all? if you don't mind me asking...

It does not appear so.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:51 am 

Hey, the band "Calligram" was rejected last year. Since this rejection their EP was released. This is totally Black metal (with some hardcore influences) for the EP demimonde.
https://calligram.bandcamp.com/
It was rejected for "non metal", here with this second EP, it might be ok, I'm sure.
Thanks.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:25 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
aloof wrote:

It does not appear so.

would you? they're a side-project by a fairly (in)famous metal musician, who released an album on a good label with proper distribution...

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:15 am 

Why was Timōrātus blacklisted?
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:17 am 

"Ambient, the eps are semi-programmed, noisy demo stuff"

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:29 am 

Why/when were Aryan Wood and Ordo Nigris Imperia blacklisted?

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:33 am 

Aryan Wood: "Only two covers and a noise track on a split thus far" (May 2016)

Ordo Nigris Imperia: "Ambient: more Hitler speeches than metal." (April 2017) :lol:

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:48 am 

Azmodes wrote:

That's ... odd. Most of his stuff is definitely not ambient. This album seems to meet site qualifications (or is at least significantly more metal than ambient?) Should I wait until the physical version comes out?
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

Emptiness Cycle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:59 am 

Aryan Wood has gone more metal, but I'm waiting a valid release.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:00 pm 

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

That's ... odd. Most of his stuff is definitely not ambient. This album seems to meet site qualifications (or is at least significantly more metal than ambient?) Should I wait until the physical version comes out?

Some blackened drone/doom/ambient thing, I'm getting significantly more atmosphere than actual riffs from this.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm 

Emptiness Cycle wrote:
Aryan Wood has gone more metal, but I'm waiting a valid release.

They put out a cassette with Winter Solace Productions in March.

Proof of release: http://www.wintersolaceproductions.com/ ... uct_id=266
Samples (.rar download): https://yadi.sk/d/q9ZvfBGlw2Q5E
Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Aryan-Wood-Magi ... e/10045059

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452, 453 ... 541  Next