Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Crypt of the Wizard
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:50 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Yeah we'll need to give the new material a listen, unless someone has already and i missed the post. Four years ago warrants a glance.

Did you get a chance to listen to the new record?
https://ghold.bandcamp.com/album/stoic-2

Cheers!

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:49 pm 

Interminatus wrote:
I wanted to add the Post Black Metal Band "Seelenlandschaft" but the system says the band is blacklisted although having appeared in the "Waldpfad"-Split with "Bergwacht".

I tried to search the forum but didn´t find any reason; could you please shine some light on the matter?

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B ... fad/642505

While it does have Metal elements, it was deemed predominantly Post-Rock.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Mbopy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:51 pm 

"Sorry, this band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you."

my band "perversum" was founded in the city of asunción pais Paraguay on 1/12/2017, we have an article that contains 5 songs, published by a Spanish label, 50 copies in cd format.

Mbopy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:53 pm 

my band "perversum" was founded in the city of asunción pais Paraguay on 1/12/2017, we have an article that contains 5 songs, published by a Spanish label, 50 copies in cd format.

Of_This_Night36
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm 

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
Hi, since we're on a new page,

Of_This_Night36 wrote:
[Proof]
[Samples]

^ The riffs on that release seem metal enough to me. Poorly-produced, but metal enough anyway. Keeping in mind, too, they only have three short releases, so this split actually makes up a pretty decent chunk of their discography.

Just bumping this post I made about "Fuck the Devil".
Annihilated Pentagram Productions - Kvlt unblack for dark hearts and the left-hand path, not the saved (Luke 5:32). Several releases are free download.
Christ is Lord, there is no other. 2 Peter 3:9, John 14:1-3, Revelation 20:10, Revelation 22:20

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 pm 

Mbopy wrote:
"Sorry, this band has been blacklisted by the moderation and can no longer be submitted.
If you think this is an error, please ask in this forum thread. Attempting to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. Thank you."

Blacklisted late last year for being constantly resubmitted without any proof of release. We're gonna need visual proof of the existence of the tapes, as well as some song samples.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Mbopy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:00 am 

https://www.discogs.com/Perversum-Perve ... e/11200028

https://cranealfracturerecords.bandcamp ... /perversum

Mbopy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:07 am 

I hope these two links serve to prove that we actually have a physical material in CD format 50 copies released by a Spanish label, the band was founded on 12/1/2016, and the recording was presented to the public approximately on date ../11 / 2017, we are currently at full writing more songs for the next material to be recorded at the end of February 2018

leobenconoy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:21 am 

This band was previously rejected for the following reason:

'Djenty industrial. Not a metal band; does not belong on Encyclopaedia Metallum. Please read (or re-read) our rules next time to see what qualifies as metal.'

Alienadept use a lot 8 strings guitars, but that should be an offense or necessary djenty or jazzy, Alienadept don't even use the word 'djent' but related to bands like Meshuggah, Ihsahn or Uneven Structure, and the backgroud of Alienadept is and always was black metal with some minor industrial notes.

The sound of Alienadept is similar to Khonsu, The Kovenant, Ramzet or Fear Factory, just listen to any track or video. Next CD will be even more metal than some of these accepted bands we are fans and followers of. The only current member of this band is also playing in other metal bands: Inferitvm & Firesword, both with albums developing to this years release. Maybe not all the albums of Alienadept are the same degree of metal and have made some collaborations with hiphop groups, industrial and even electro, but other extreme bands did it too and I believe as a band Alienadept deserves a little place in your great site. As a journalist (I write in LaEstadea, an spanish magazine, I use a lot your site and I always reference your site a one of the most useful and necesary. With all these thing said, I just would like to have a fair treat for such a different project. Thanks in advance. Vltra

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:39 pm 

From first post (which you didn't read):

Spoiler: show
5. Comparing bands (don't)

This may seem like the obvious course of action in some cases, but be advised that we generally frown upon arguments like "you have band A listed and band B is similar, hence you must also accept band B". Please avoid this, as it comes with the following problems:
1) We simply do not work that way. Each band is assessed and judged on its own merit and trying to compare two distinct bands is treacherous business, even if they may sound similar. And if the two are indeed sonic carbon copies, perhaps the listed one should be deleted instead.
2) Since the site lists a (very) small number of non-metal exceptions, one might be tempted to use them as a reference point. However, these are exactly that, exceptions, and not subject to our guidelines on music.
3) Slippery slope. We do not want to base further inclusions solely on one or more listed band(s) that might be questionable or were wrongly approved to begin with. We would rather (re-)assess the proposed inclusion and the compared listed band(s) on their own instead of expanding a part of the database based around repeated instances of a resigned "we'll, we have this, why not this as well?". See item 1). To be clear, nobody thinks that we'd otherwise be doomed to ride into fallacy territory and in danger of including BB King or whatever, but we are quite strict about keeping the database focussed.
4) Most importantly, the Archives can in some ways be seen as a database of metal releases rather than bands. What that means is that in order to gain entry, a band only needs one predominantly metal release (ideally a full-length), regardless of the rest of their discography. This can result in bands starting out as metal, but changing to non-metal later or the reverse. More subtle cases exist, with bands being listed based on a (possibly lesser-known) fraction of their discography. So how does this connect to comparing bands? Well, it's simple: Since we judge releases, comparing band A as a whole to band B as a whole is a fallacious argument when one is actually comparing non-metal output of band A (accepted based on their metal output) to non-metal output of band B (unacceptable because they have no metal output). Consider it one level above arguing that band B should be included because they have a few songs as metal as band A's releases.

So again, each band is judged individually and we don't do the blind approach "A, hence also B".
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

SF01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:05 pm 

SF01 wrote:
Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
@Azmodes
Konkwista 88 - Mafia - off their first full-lenght album Za Krew Naszej Rasy,
Konkwista 88 - Strażnicy Granic - off the second album Wolność i Śmierć,
Konkwista 88 - Czerwony zdrajca - off Break the Chains when actually they started going much heavier,
Konkwista 88 - Duma - another example of them going into thrash/groove stuff.

Polish skinhead band Honor is there on Metal-Archives while Konkwista 88 is blacklisted, that's what I'm talking about - they were as heavy as Honor was.
Figure I'd chime in here. They're more Hard Rock than Metal, especially Krew Naszej Rasy; in fact, several songs are raspy ballads. While some heavier things are going on in European Songs of Glory, it's still within the Hard Rock territory if you ask me.

For what it's worth, Break the Chains sounds significantly heavier, so that one might merit inclusion.

I reckon Honor's inclusion stems from In Flames of The Rising Power; that album is consistently Metal.

Keep in mind that even when citing Metal bands as influences, RAC bands may ultimately come to produce something very different. In spite of citing Deep Purple and Iron Maiden as influences, Day of the Sword's entire discography includes exactly one Metal song; the rest is a mix of Oi!, Hardcore and Hard Rock. Razors Edge has exactly one Metal song as well.

1999's "What Have You Done to the Cause?" is pure metal, I say it's a mandatory listen as this falls into "at least one metal album" guideline.

Musically I'd say it sound a bit similar to Pantera.

Xanthor444
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:50 pm 

The project "Geisterbanner" was rejected because it "needs a valid release" before it can be accepted on metal archieves. Is it really that difficult to just google the band's name? If you do, the third hit is a link to the online store where you can buy the project's first release, a split CD with the band "Nahtoderfahrung", which is already added to this site (including pictures): http://sturmglanz.de/label/label/releas ... banner.php
And if you also need proof that it is really Black Metal, here are three of the band's four songs on the split:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mq2e7CeSD8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3JLEt7SvuI
https://soundcloud.com/sturmglanz-black ... narbenherz

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:27 pm 

Xanthor444 wrote:
Is it really that difficult to just google the band's name?

It's the submitter's job to provide the pertinent information.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 am 

It was blacklisted in 2012 so we'll have to check this out.

Regarding Besta, from Portugal, is there any response on this? I couldn't find a proper answer using the search function.

BananaSuitMassacre
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:28 pm 

After Faeces Factory was rejected for the VK link not working for the music, I checked the link and saw it works. I think you may need a VK account to access suchlike pages on the website. The link directs you to playlists of both of their releases.

https://vk.com/audios-76742641?section=playlists (page showing both playlists)
https://vk.com/music?z=audio_playlist-76742641_77637800 (playlist 1)
https://vk.com/music?z=audio_playlist-76742641_77637160 (playlist 2)

Persecution Mania
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 pm 

I'm trying to add the grindcore band "Total Consumption" from the UK on, who have released an EP and are qualified to be on the site yet they are apparently blacklisted. I just want to know why this is.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:28 pm 

Non-metallic grindcore/crust/sludge.

Last.fm

OpsiusCato

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:29 pm 

Persecution Mania wrote:
I'm trying to add the grindcore band "Total Consumption" from the UK on, who have released an EP and are qualified to be on the site yet they are apparently blacklisted. I just want to know why this is.

EDIT: What Diamhea said.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 am 

Woutjinho wrote:
Hi there, I submitted Atomization before which was rejected because Weapons of Mass Destruction was probably considered not metal enough. However, on January 27 Nuclear Twilight was released which is black metal and almost twice the duration of the first mentioned album. Therefore I ask you to reconsider my submission. Thanks in advance.

https://atomization.bandcamp.com/album/ ... twilight-2

Anyone?

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm 

odium wrote:
Woutjinho wrote:
Hi there, I submitted Atomization before which was rejected because Weapons of Mass Destruction was probably considered not metal enough. However, on January 27 Nuclear Twilight was released which is black metal and almost twice the duration of the first mentioned album. Therefore I ask you to reconsider my submission. Thanks in advance.

https://atomization.bandcamp.com/album/ ... twilight-2

Anyone?

Whitelisted. Resubmit, please.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:06 pm 

Erm...Why exactly did I get the message "Various Artists compilations aren't valid releases." together with the rejection of Gargamel? I would've been okay with "too short" or "not enough metal" because it was pretty much on the edge on both points, but Various Artists? It's just a One-Man band with 2 guest musicians. Was that a mistake? Should I resubmit or not?

https://gargamelbm.bandcamp.com/

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:20 am 

PaganiusI wrote:
Erm...Why exactly did I get the message "Various Artists compilations aren't valid releases." together with the rejection of Gargamel? I would've been okay with "too short" or "not enough metal" because it was pretty much on the edge on both points, but Various Artists? It's just a One-Man band with 2 guest musicians. Was that a mistake? Should I resubmit or not?

Hi, has i told you by message:

"Hi,
i rejected your submission by mistake, my apologies, you can submit again, please.

Thank you"

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:27 am 

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
It was blacklisted in 2012 so we'll have to check this out.

Regarding Besta, from Portugal, is there any response on this? I couldn't find a proper answer using the search function.

Anyone, please?

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:16 am 

cranialcrusherabc wrote:
cranialcrusherabc wrote:

Anyone, please?

Could you link something to us so we can make a determination?

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:22 pm 

Sure, here it is:

https://besta.bandcamp.com/

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:56 pm 

MasterOfSin wrote:
PaganiusI wrote:

Hi, has i told you by message:

"Hi,
i rejected your submission by mistake, my apologies, you can submit again, please.

Thank you"

Oh, didn't see that.

Xanthor444
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Xanthor444 wrote:
Is it really that difficult to just google the band's name?

It's the submitter's job to provide the pertinent information.

Well, sorry for the two seconds extra work.
So I've posted the links to prove the band's existence and their style of metal, but it's still rejected.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:27 am 

If it's just two seconds work, then it shouldn't be too much to ask to include that information from the start. We deal with hundreds of submissions every week, even comparably "obvious" bands need to be checked and having to do this for every single one gets old fast even if it's just a few Google searches. Having the necessary info available in a readily apparent and convenient fashion speeds things up considerably, lowers mod blood pressure (which is usually quite high when working on the band queue) and costs the submitter next to nothing. Please read.

As for Geisterbanner, you posted links in this thread, but failed to include them in the submission, so it was rejected by a mod unaware of the conversation here. I'll check this out and restore the band, if it qualifies. EDIT: Done.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:56 am 

cranialcrusherabc wrote:

The little bit I checked out warrants a reevaluation, at the very least. Whitelisted. Go ahead and submit when you're ready.

xxB03xx
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:09 pm 

Hello . I was wondering why the band Protest the Hero was rejected/deleted/blacklisted .
Is it because it has too many ''not metal'' parts ? I thought it was Progressive Metal .

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:37 am 

Read the first post carefully and you'll be able to quickly find the answer by yourself.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

freezingluna123
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 am 

Hey, my project "Freezing Luna" was rejected because it wasn't a "metal band". Of course, its not a band, its just me the only member, but is that a reason to blacklist me? I mean go blacklist Burzum or Panopticon ya know. I just wanted to ask if there could be a revision of this submission because I think it might be a mistake
Thank you :)
Luna

Helvede
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:23 pm 

freezingluna123 wrote:
Hey, my project "Freezing Luna" was rejected because it wasn't a "metal band". Of course, its not a band, its just me the only member, but is that a reason to blacklist me? I mean go blacklist Burzum or Panopticon ya know. I just wanted to ask if there could be a revision of this submission because I think it might be a mistake
Thank you :)
Luna

Ehheeh, not a metal band has nothing to do with how many members are involved. It means your band does not play metal music and therefore it is not a metal band.

erwingreven
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:06 pm 

Durex wrote:
Hi,

Erdve (Lithuania) is blacklisted (means someone already tried to register it). Can I ask what is the reason?

https://erdve.bandcamp.com/releases

Even when it is blacklisted as being post-hardcore, it is not being rejected by Metal Messiah Radio. We see is as a part of the Metal scene.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:53 pm 

erwingreven wrote:
Even when it is blacklisted as being post-hardcore, it is not being rejected by Metal Messiah Radio. We see is as a part of the Metal scene.

Stop advertising your shit here.

Last.fm

odium
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:50 am 

Nemorensis from USA is blacklisted, but their latest album seems metal enough for me (Ambient Doom/Black Metal, anyone?):

https://nemorensis.bandcamp.com/album/the-fae-queen

Opinions?

Midnight Rider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:57 am 

odium wrote:
Nemorensis from USA is blacklisted, but their latest album seems metal enough for me (Ambient Doom/Black Metal, anyone?):

https://nemorensis.bandcamp.com/album/the-fae-queen

Opinions?

Whitelisted. Go ahead and resubmit.

LordMisantropi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:06 pm 

Why in the hell was Ulvesang blacklisted?!! its Dark Folk/Atmospheric Black Metal. If you´re gonna blacklist a band that is more metal than you are then you are fuckin posers.

Klaagzang
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 pm 

Klaagzang wrote:
Tried to add Ashen Chalice, which is blacklisted. Most likely due to having Noise elements in the music, although most of the (lengthier) tracks are fairly straightforward:
https://ashenchalice.bandcamp.com/track ... hyst-altar
https://ashenchalice.bandcamp.com/track ... the-casket
https://ashenchalice.bandcamp.com/track ... ane-le-eva
https://ashenchalice.bandcamp.com/album ... atimo-smrt
These make up for most parts of the demos, although there are a few pure Ambient/Noise tracks. Project has multiple physical releases through a label. A fourth is being released soon

Tried to add Vraeck, but it was blacklisted. The first demo was deemed Noise, the second has just been released on tape:
https://soundcloud.com/blackgangrene/vraeck
Tape rip of the first: https://soundcloud.com/onnormalezoon/vr ... ed/s-3NyKJ
Sounds like standard rehearsal recordings to me...

Bump!

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm 

LordMisantropi wrote:
Why in the hell was Ulvesang blacklisted?!! its Dark Folk/Atmospheric Black Metal. If you´re gonna blacklist a band that is more metal than you are then you are fuckin posers.

Are you fucking kidding me? As much as I love Ulvesang, they are in no way metal. Please link a track where they play atmospheric black metal? You won't, because you can't. The band themselves call their music "dark folk/neofolk". Just because the members listen to black metal doesn't mean they play black metal.

P.S. Pre-orders are up for their new album, so don't sleep on it.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 480, 481, 482, 483, 484, 485, 486 ... 541  Next