Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:04 pm 

Says more noise than metal.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

xynobys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:05 pm 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:

"says" where/how? this band is black metal as fuck, did you listen? please approve

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:26 pm 

xynobys wrote:

"says" where/how? this band is black metal as fuck, did you listen? please approve

The note with the blacklist says that and it was just blacklisted today by another mod, so that's it.

xynobys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:28 pm 

"says" where/how? this band is black metal as fuck, did you listen? please approve[/quote]

The note with the blacklist says that and it was just blacklisted today by another mod, so that's it.[/quote]

i hope we can all agree a mod can make a mistake. please listen and check for your self

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:31 pm 

We trust each other's judgement.

Azmodes wrote:

xynobys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:35 pm 

We trust each other's judgement.

that's not what i said. i think dude made a mistake for real, please check.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:06 pm 

Mmm. Yes, well, as you requested i did peruse your music. I'm inclined to agree with the blacklisting mod. While there is one or two tracks with metal the predominant feel of this album is noise. Feel free to bring yourselves up again when you release new material.

Azmodes wrote:

MonoVolador
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:11 pm 

Good morning, Metal Archives moderators. I'd like to know why the band Tuner (Mexico) was banned. Surely, I've heard recently their music, and I think its metal enough. I might be wrong too, but I'm convinced they should not be in the blacklist.

Here, their digital full-length release and musical evidence:
https://tunerband.bandcamp.com/

Thanks for replies and time, hope you have a good time.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:06 pm 

Blacklisted for being primarily rock.

legacy4
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:38 am 

Don't know the reason why is band "Red Raven" (Germany) is blacklisted, probably for lack of metalness in their first album "Chapter One: The Principles", but since their second album "Chapter Two: DigitHell" they play in Heavy Metal style and now meets the rules of Encyclopaedia Metallum, so can it be added from now on?
https://fastball-music.bandcamp.com/alb ... -digithell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0jzq5zZoKg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee4w9HwpY-A

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:42 am 

The band was actually only blacklisted a week ago. "Metallic Hard Rock"

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Mythics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:23 am 

Vraeck was rejected for not being metal, but how would you otherwise classify it? Sure, it's raw black metal (in my opinion) but I wouldn't call it 'not metal'.
the peacefulness is so big it dazes you.
- Sylvia Plath

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 am 

Blackish noise. It was actually rejected by another mod before, but he forgot to blacklist it.

Mythics
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 am 

Azmodes wrote:
Blackish noise. It was actually rejected by another mod before, but he forgot to blacklist it.

Okay! Thank you for the clarification.
the peacefulness is so big it dazes you.
- Sylvia Plath

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:49 pm 

I don't understand why PDS has banned True at First Light.
iTunes, for example.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:24 pm 

Symphonic -core

Azmodes wrote:

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:19 am 

Hi Mods,

Why was Katla (ISL) blacklisted?

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am 

Bachstein wrote:
Hi Mods,

Hey,
The blacklist note says "Atmospheric Post-Rock" - just blacklisted last month.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:16 am 

Back to True at First Light

Symphonic -core

However, I hope you can hear enough heaviness in it?
Well, there are many band here on MA accepted as deathcore and even metalcore.
Can we accept this one as, say, Symphonic Black Metal/Deathcore or something like that?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:26 pm 

I didn't listen to it, i was only telling you why PDS rejected it.

Azmodes wrote:

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:41 pm 

ok then, I'll reformulate a request.
I know that this thread is, in particular, to ask moderators to listen to a doubtful band and discuss it.
And (from here and below goes my previous text, sorry for repeating) there are many band here on MA accepted as deathcore and even metalcore.
Can we accept this one as, say, Symphonic Black Metal/Deathcore or something like that?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:19 pm 

Look, yeah, I'll give this a quick listen later when i get a chance, if nobody else does first, but there is a simple fact here; as moderators we trust each other's judgement. It would be really nice if you did too. Sure somethimes mistakes are made and need to be corrected. In earnest though people need to start accepting our decisions and stop running in here two hours after they get a rejection message from dad asking for mom to overturn it.

Despite what you may think we actually do discuss things where you can't see it. I'm not sure about this band but it is entirely possible one, or more, of us made our opinions clear and it just so happened to be PDS who came along and agreed then sent out the rejection message. My point in all this is that unless you truly feel a grievous error had been made then accept the rejection for what it is and move on.

Azmodes wrote:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:58 pm 

Shadechaser wrote:
ok then, I'll reformulate a request.
I know that this thread is, in particular, to ask moderators to listen to a doubtful band and discuss it.
And (from here and below goes my previous text, sorry for repeating) there are many band here on MA accepted as deathcore and even metalcore.

Come the fuck on you can't be serious.... there is almost no riffs to speak of, fuck there's barely even any breakdowns here. This is like two note chugging with symphonics so heavily layered on you can hardly hear the guitars. No, absolutely not. This rejection will not be overturned.

Azmodes wrote:

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:32 pm 

two not chugging with symphonics...

That should say "two note chugging", I suppose. Because it really does chug.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:46 pm 

yes, yes. that's what I meant, I was typing on my phone.

Azmodes wrote:

Bachstein
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:57 pm 

theunrelentingattack wrote:
Bachstein wrote:
Hi Mods,

Hey,
The blacklist note says "Atmospheric Post-Rock" - just blacklisted last month.

Thanks for the quick reply! Cheers!

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:42 am 

stop running in here two hours after they get a rejection message from dad asking for mom to overturn it.

Man, look.
I surely (have to) respect you and other moderators, however I ask you to respect others understand that other people who enjoy heavy music can have their own point of view. Moreover, the rules of this thread (in the very beginning) say that sometimes shit happens mistakes occur and there's the way to let other moderators judge. I've submitted many bands already and I know that sometimes this way really works, so I decided to write here. Thus, don't be so nervous, demigod, I act within what is granted to the rabble.
Although I'm a rocker for more than 30 years and at least I don't deserve such a harshness.
Please don't make me consider this site as just a computer with some shitty data on it, I think we all are here to make something together...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 pm 

What Erosion means and he's right about that is that a constant barrage of questions about recent band rejections that you submitted yourself (hypothetical, not you in particular) tend to be disrespectful to the staff and the mods who work the Band Queue. I consider this thread to be about older rejections/deletions or blacklisted bands. Not about a band that got rejected by a moderator yesterday.

I checked True at First Light and it sounds like symphonic non-metal -core. I agree with the rejection.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:05 pm 

Shadechaser wrote:
However, I hope you can hear enough heaviness in it?
Well, there are many band here on MA accepted as deathcore and even metalcore.

READ FIRST POST

5. Comparing bands (don't)

This may seem like the obvious course of action in some cases, but be advised that we generally frown upon arguments like "you have band A listed and band B is similar, hence you must also accept band B". Please avoid this, as it comes with the following problems:
1) We simply do not work that way. Each band is assessed and judged on its own merit and trying to compare two distinct bands is treacherous business, even if they may sound similar. And if the two are indeed sonic carbon copies, perhaps the listed one should be deleted instead.
2) Since the site lists a (very) small number of non-metal exceptions, one might be tempted to use them as a reference point. However, these are exactly that, exceptions, and not subject to our guidelines on music.
3) Slippery slope. We do not want to base further inclusions solely on one or more listed band(s) that might be questionable or were wrongly approved to begin with. We would rather (re-)assess the proposed inclusion and the compared listed band(s) on their own instead of expanding a part of the database based around repeated instances of a resigned "we'll, we have this, why not this as well?". See item 1). To be clear, nobody thinks that we'd otherwise be doomed to ride into fallacy territory and in danger of including BB King or whatever, but we are quite strict about keeping the database focussed.
4) Most importantly, the Archives can in some ways be seen as a database of metal releases rather than bands. What that means is that in order to gain entry, a band only needs one predominantly metal release (ideally a full-length), regardless of the rest of their discography. This can result in bands starting out as metal, but changing to non-metal later or the reverse. More subtle cases exist, with bands being listed based on a (possibly lesser-known) fraction of their discography. So how does this connect to comparing bands? Well, it's simple: Since we judge releases, comparing band A as a whole to band B as a whole is a fallacious argument when one is actually comparing non-metal output of band A (accepted based on their metal output) to non-metal output of band B (unacceptable because they have no metal output). Consider it one level above arguing that band B should be included because they have a few songs as metal as band A's releases.

So again, each band is judged individually and we don't do the blind approach "A, hence also B".
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

rocketshipwreck
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:19 pm 

Tried to add my band Sorxe and we came up blacklisted. No search results that I could find for and answer to why.

We self recorded and released our first album, Surrounded by Shadows digitally and on CD. check out here https://sorxe.bandcamp.com/album/surrounded-by-shadows

Our second album, Matter & Void, comes out on November 24th on Prosthetic Records and was engineered/mixed/co-produced by Matt Bayles (Botch, Isis, Mastadon, etc) It will be available on CD, vinyl and digitally. You can hear the first two tracks here https://sorxe.bandcamp.com/album/matter-void-2

Give a listen. Maybe you'll dig us. According to most people lately, we are more heavy progressive sludge than anything else. If that fits into your definition of metal, cool. If not, maybe you'll like it anyways even if we don't end up in your website. Any more info you need/want, please don't hesitate to ask

Thanks,
Jonathan

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 pm 

rocketshipwreck wrote:
Tried to add my band Sorxe and we came up blacklisted. No search results that I could find for and answer to why.

Blacklisted in 2013 for being predominantly post-rock. Post in here once the second album is out and we will reassess the band.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

theunrelentingattack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:20 pm 

rocketshipwreck wrote:

We self recorded and released our first album, Surrounded by Shadows digitally and on CD. check out here https://sorxe.bandcamp.com/album/surrounded-by-shadows

Our second album, Matter & Void, comes out on November 24th on Prosthetic Records and was engineered/mixed/co-produced by Matt Bayles (Botch, Isis, Mastadon, etc) It will be available on CD, vinyl and digitally. You can hear the first two tracks here https://sorxe.bandcamp.com/album/matter-void-2

Give a listen. Maybe you'll dig us. According to most people lately, we are more heavy progressive sludge than anything else. If that fits into your definition of metal, cool. If not, maybe you'll like it anyways even if we don't end up in your website. Any more info you need/want, please don't hesitate to ask

Thanks,
Jonathan

So, the blacklist note says you are "post-rock" but it was back in 2013, so seeing the bandcamp albums, it must have been off the EP only - which at a quick scan seems to be part metal, part rock, so I get it. I skimmed through those two tracks on the new album and they seem metal enough to check you guys out again. I've whitelisted you so we can do another evaluation. IF you feel your first LP is more metal than post-rock, you can submit the page now. If you think it's more in line with the EP, then wait until the 24th when your new album comes out and submit the band then and we'll check it out.

Edit: Looks like OC and I overlapped but I don't know if he realized the first album was likely never listened to since it wasn't out until 2014.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 pm 

No, I did not, haha. Sorry.

@rocketshipwreck: do as TUA says.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

rocketshipwreck
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:03 pm 

Will do. Thanks

ᴎostalgiʞK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:09 am 

Hello! I want to appeal based on the rejection that has been made to the band that I have uploaded. "Guemes y los infernales". I have been argued that it has not been approved because another user had already uploaded this band, the fact is that the band is not yet published, and if it has to be like that, that is, but, I would like to see the band at least coming from the other user, since they have moderated the upload in a very short time. And my question is ¿If you had moderated the request so fast, why the other user,s request is not published yet? If you could publish mine, it would be feasible, since I have a lot of information about the band.

-Aether

MasterOfSin
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:43 am 

SjelMetal wrote:
Hello! I want to appeal based on the rejection that has been made to the band that I have uploaded. "Guemes y los infernales". I have been argued that it has not been approved because another user had already uploaded this band, the fact is that the band is not yet published, and if it has to be like that, that is, but, I would like to see the band at least coming from the other user, since they have moderated the upload in a very short time. And my question is ¿If you had moderated the request so fast, why the other user,s request is not published yet? If you could publish mine, it would be feasible, since I have a lot of information about the band.

-Aether

Hi,

the other user submitted the band on November 6 a little bit earlier than yours and except some special cases the fisrt submission has priority.
I don't doubt about the information you got about this band and neither from the other user.
If the band is accepted and you got some missing information you can added it.

Thank you.

Muhammadabbadabba
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:03 pm 

I acknowledge Seraiah was more difficult to assess as the songs from the demo and the first album "Carnival World" were closely split between Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, but for my reference, where did the non-Metal elements outweigh the Metal between those two releases? There are obvious cases like Trash which only had two or three songs that can be considered Metal, but Seraiah definitely had much more in their repertoire. We can safely dismiss Seraiah's sophomore which isn't remotely Metal.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:42 pm 

I didn't personally deal with this band, there was a general consensus among numerous mods that it isn't metal.

Azmodes wrote:

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:02 am 

Could I have a second opinion on this one?
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Poi ... 3540428852 (I've edited it since the rejection, do you have access to my drafts?)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/point-riot/1178324554
http://open.spotify.com/artist/2RlpK4c7SyIXtpR5xip7MM
Nothing against EC in particular - he rejected other submissions - but I don't seem to agree with his reasoning on this one.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_6dc93jB2Y
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaxMkXOZ_YE
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQv7nF6dFd0
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9g5ZZ78y7I

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:57 am 

Muhammadabbadabba wrote:
I acknowledge Seraiah was more difficult to assess as the songs from the demo and the first album "Carnival World" were closely split between Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, but for my reference, where did the non-Metal elements outweigh the Metal between those two releases? There are obvious cases like Trash which only had two or three songs that can be considered Metal, but Seraiah definitely had much more in their repertoire. We can safely dismiss Seraiah's sophomore which isn't remotely Metal.

There were five whoops, four mods -TSIR commented twice but changed his mind from yes to no later- involved in judging this, all in all. I almost approved it based on the metal portion of the album, but then came the softer stuff and I couldn't ignore it. So it lingered in the queue for the duration it did because I was getting more opinions before reaching a decision either way. Every single staffer was hesitant and most thought it wasn't quite predominantly metal, with slightly more AOR/rock material than straight-up metal. Not sure what else you want me to tell you.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477, 478 ... 541  Next