Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Oathbearer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:30 pm 

Can a moderator revisit my submission and possibly approve of my black metal solo project listed as a band on the archives, it has been approved for sale so I don’t see why one would call it just “noise” this has been my black metal project for the last 15 years. Could a moderator listen to this sample regarding this appeal & potentially approve? https://youtu.be/ln3X4w7bT7c?si=w11xSofh0aKAD74N

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:54 am 

It may be black metal from your perspective, but it's not black metal by the site's standard. Zero riffs, just something that could be called a wall of noise/ambient with harsh vocals and drums. Even if the track you linked is metal, it's still not enough for the whitelisting since it's just one track on an unacceptable streaming platform.

Oathbearer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 7:35 pm 

My solo project Archaic Path was blacklisted as “not a black metal band” I have a new 2024 full length release. Could someone from metal archives look at this for my appeal?https://archaicpath.bandcamp.com/album/icy-abode-of-the-hyperborean-majesty

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 11:55 am 

Topics merged, please use the search function and post in the existing thread next time.

I'm afraid that still sounds mostly like a wall of noise without much riffing. Sorry.

Oathbearer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 1:26 pm 

*Please note that the production is intentional and this is recorded analog intentionally.

Oathbearer666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 1:09 pm 

Quorthallis wrote:
Topics merged, please use the search function and post in the existing thread next time.

I'm afraid that still sounds mostly like a wall of noise without much riffing. Sorry.

From reading this it seems to me that a very brief listen to my new material was given. it seems to have been immediately turned down. The album times in over an hour. The riffing is very intricate and very technical at times. I have spent hundreds of hours with this release & I don’t believe it is a “wall of noise” “without much riffing” as described. this is just my own opinion.

Reply to topic