Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
QN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:47 am 

Hello,

why is this band blacklisted from being added to the database?
https://lucubration.bandcamp.com/album/ ... ient-blood

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:47 pm 

Blacklisted for being more noise than metal. And yeah, this definitely sounds like there's more noise than metal segments in the EP.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

QN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:53 am 

Ok, I see, but I'm really perplexed about this: the are metal riffs (not random buzz but carefully composed riffs) being played all the time on the first song, which is much longer than the second songs, which actually has metal guitars all the way also. Guitar, drums, bass play metal riffs and then there are noise elements. Listed influences are: "Antediluvian, Beherit, Conqueror, Corrupted, Havohej, Immortal Fate, Temple Desecration, Vomir". Except for Vomir, these all qualify for a Metal Archives database entry. Also, bands clearly more noisy than Lucubration including Konflict, Tetragrammacide etc are accepted in the database.

Quotes from reviews: ""Crushing, bizarre Black/Death Metal with huge amounts of noise and experimentalism." - Rites of Pestilence
"The experience isn’t pure pain but oppression, especially “Decease the Rotten Beast” which serves to stomp the mind into subservient mush. The secondary piece and title track begins with what I’d describe as harsh noise shaped into funeral doom metal, equally vital oppression." - Grizzlybutts.com
"Death-/Black-/War Metal" http://www.crossfire-metal.de/24235-0-L ... BLOOD.html

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:59 am 

Three mods have checked this and the consensus is that this is more noise than metal, so this won't get whitelisted. When the band has a new EP or an album, feel free to bring it up again. Until then I'm afraid there's nothing more to discuss here.

QN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:54 am 

Guess that these same mods have not checked Konflict, Tetragrammacide, Nyogthaeblisz etc several bands that are much noisier than Lucubration but still are in the database. Or bands like Revenge and Conqueror. Funny but yeah, good to know.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:32 am 

QN wrote:
Guess that these same mods have not checked Konflict, Tetragrammacide, Nyogthaeblisz etc several bands that are much noisier than Lucubration but still are in the database. Or bands like Revenge and Conqueror.

I have and I can confirm that those bands are indeed more metal than this. Now please give it a rest. Based on this release, the band is not acceptable and none of your snide remarks will change that in any way.

QN
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:53 am 

Quorthallis wrote:
When the band has a new EP or an album, feel free to bring it up again.

How about this: https://lucubration.bandcamp.com/album/ ... he-anodyne

theunrelentingattack
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 5:15 am 

There's more metal in this one - still chaotic and noisy so I don't know if it will make it through or not but worth a new evaluation by the mods. Pop it in the queue. Whitelisted.

Reply to topic