Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:18 pm 

SkullFuckingMetal Distro
http://www.geocities.com/skullfnmetal
[email protected]

Keegan is a good acquaintance of mine. He runs a killer underground distribution and label catering to anything obscure and underground. We conducted a trade for releases recently, and I received them very promptly. I seriously suggest checking out his stuff.

unclevladistav
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:58 pm 

SOUTHERN LORD RECORDS
(Negative)
http://southernlord.com/store.php

Dealt with them once, will most likely not again. Shipping was expensive (for the service they specified), and the items never arrived. 5 weeks after I payed/ordered, I called up, and money was refunded.

AUTUMN WIND PRODUCTIONS
(Positive)
http://www.autumnwp.com/main.html

Ordered several rare CDs from them (one in an edition of 500). Shipping was quick, cheap, prices were good. Highly recommended for drone, black metal, and folk.

kaoswar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:16 pm 

GVOLTT wrote:
Open Grave Records - Has extremely fast shipping, even when I paid with cash through the mail. The distro has a great selection of CDs at sale prices (for $6) (plus a lot at regular store prices as well).

This distro is very slow in my opinion. Sent package via media rate mail and still waiting for nearly 3 weeks. DISTROs: do not use media rate mail!!

Vega360
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:40 am 

kaoswar wrote:
GVOLTT wrote:
Open Grave Records - Has extremely fast shipping, even when I paid with cash through the mail. The distro has a great selection of CDs at sale prices (for $6) (plus a lot at regular store prices as well).

This distro is very slow in my opinion. Sent package via media rate mail and still waiting for nearly 3 weeks. DISTROs: do not use media rate mail!!

I think people were saying on the FMP forum that this distro was a rip off

KKrieg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:56 am 

carnalsadistprod wrote:
Cida wrote:
I was ordered before from FMP666 after a little bit of waiting about my order it was arrive safely and in perfect condition.

Bad Experience:

GOATOWAREX - I ordered from this label before but I dont received my order till now.

After all these years and people still have the either ill-informed nature or stupidity to order from Dani. People can make all the rumors and excuses up for that bastard, but what it all comes down to is he is a rip off. He's not on vacation in China, he's not busy, he's just taking your money to release more Drowning the Light garbage.

I seriously suggest that everyone read my words carefully: If you value your money, don't send Dani Li any of it. Get any Goatowar products from other distros if you have to have them.

I've heard mixed reviews about Goatowarex. A long time ago I sent emails asking about stock but never got replies. I've bought a few things off him on eBay without problem.
Mathew of Winterreich Records is extremely helpful, and gave me a lot of his time to help me sort out an eBay dispute about bootleg tapes. Highly recommended.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:30 am 

Good:
Grau
fast and secure delivery, friendly and helpful folks over there. Bought a lot of them.

Darkness.de
One deal so far; got the stuff in less than 24h in a good condition.

Nokturnal Transmission
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one.Several deals.

Smell the Stench
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. Several deals.

Skull fucking Metal
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. The problem I had in a deal with Keegan was due to the incompetence of the Canadian post. I sent him the stuff in a registered letter and the postal service showed some reluctance in giving him my letter... so you better ask him on how to send the stuff to Canada first. One deal.

Lokisson Records
everything went fine. One deal.

Alchemic sound
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. One deal.

Dark Arts
Algerian label. All went fine with this one. Letter arrived and I got my stuff also in a good condition. Two deals.

AVR label
Label from Montenegro. Never had any problem with him. Made several deals with him. All went fine and I got all stuff in a good condition.

Swallow the Feeder
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. One deal.

Nuclear Blast
I dealt with them last several years ago. Back then, all was good.. but I cannot tell how the things are today.

EMP
I dealt with them last several years ago. Back then, all was good.. but I cannot tell how the things are today.

Heerwegen Tod
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. Orderded several time from them. Fair prices also in terms of the postage.

Strigoi Records
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. One deal. Postage is a little bit high.

Morbid Count
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. One deal. One free item per order!

Universal Tongue
Good label; fast and secure. Never had any problems with this one. Two deals.

ambivalent:

Ahdistuksen Aihio
CD was, even though new, not in a good condition. Fast delivery.

not so good:

Cold Inside
took them three months to get the stuff to me; from the UK to Germany. I also got not an original copy of one of the tapes I ordered. It was supposed to be numbered, but it had none. It was printed after the release was sold out.

Rip-off:
the distro of user fvo at the Metal Archives; ripped me off. He asked me for Euros and I sent them to him, but he had problems in getting them exchanged. Never send me the stuff and does also not reply to my mails any more. Beware!

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 pm 

Vega360 wrote:
kaoswar wrote:
GVOLTT wrote:

I think people were saying on the FMP forum that this distro was a rip off

Weird. I made the order on a Wednesday, paying for the media mail shipping, and mailed my payment out the same day. It then either arrived there the next day or Friday and shipped out on Friday. I received my order on Saturday.

To kaoswar: Does your order say that it has been shipped or not? You might want to contact Open Grave regardless if you've been waiting for 3 weeks (although it is possible that you live a further distance from their headquarters than me).

EDIT: Seems they moved their headquarters from Pennsylvania to California in June.

Last edited by GVOLTT on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:53 pm 

Smell the Stench
http://www.smellthestench.net

Leigh runs a tight ship. If you're looking for any Ambient or Noise releases he is the man to go to. Leigh also has a few obscure Black Metal releases on tape and cd-r. We agreed on a trade recently, and I got his side very promptly. If you feel like exploring some new sounds and some good underground Black Metal, check out Smell the Stench.

Sanhara
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:05 am 

Profound Lore is a good label/distro. Good prices, fast shipping and great communication. I've dealt with them a number of times and will continue to do so.
www.profoundlorerecords.com/

TheHunter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:46 am 

carnalsadistprod wrote:
Smell the Stench

Leigh runs a tight ship. If you're looking for any Ambient or Noise releases he is the man to go to. Leigh also has a few obscure Black Metal releases on tape and cd-r. We agreed on a trade recently, and I got his side very promptly. If you feel like exploring some new sounds and some good underground Black Metal, check out Smell the Stench.

He is probably going to rerelease the Vessel/Better People split on CD-R with some extra tracks. Glad people give him some recognition here, but shit it's hard to understand what he is saying
:lol:

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:08 am 

TheHunter wrote:
He is probably going to rerelease the Vessel/Better People split on CD-R with some extra tracks. Glad people give him some recognition here, but shit it's hard to understand what he is saying

I keep every e-mail I get and his ones are real gems. Somtimes I have to read them several times, until I get an idea of what he is talking about.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:49 am 

TheHunter wrote:
carnalsadistprod wrote:
Smell the Stench

Oh fuck me...his spelling and grammar is atrocious. I think he spends too much time on the sauce. I notice the earlier in the day he writes, the clearer it is...but as time goes on, it gets worse. He is a killer dude. Total support.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:53 am 

Die Todesrune Rex / Deathtomankind Distro

Extremely Slow in answering messages, my order has been paid via wire transfer on the 24th June and I still don't have my stuff.
Their catalogue is old and doesn't get updated, most of the things I wanted to order have been sold ages ago.

I hope to get my order until the end of this year and then never again
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

TheHunter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:20 pm 

If you get it, it will be a miracle.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:31 pm 

I'll let you know what happens.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

overkill666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:58 pm 

Abyss Records

www.officialabyssrecords.com

GREAT place to buy things. Ordered a crapload of stuff, came in 3-4 days. Fast, and decent prices.

weakling_goat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 am 

Hells Headbangers Records. I ordered Dissection's Reinkaos LP from them. It came promptly but all four corners of the gatefold case were either banged up, bent, or both. The top edge of the booklet was folded up and bent as if it had been dropped on edge several times or put in very sloppily.

Nokturnal Transmissions Records. Ordered two cds from him. Fast and cheap. Noktorn's a great guy.

Last edited by weakling_goat on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHunter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 am 

Another successful purchase from Winterreich records. Buy with trust

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:47 am 

weakling_goat wrote:
Hells Headbangers Records. I ordered Dissection's Reinkaos LP from them. It came promptly but all four corners of the gatefold case were either banged up, bent, or both. The top edge of the booklet was folded up and bent as if it had been dropped on edge several times or put in very sloppily.

Nokturnal Transmissions Records. Ordered two cds from him. Fast and cheap. Noktorn's a great guy.

I don't know if that was Chase's fault. I order from him regularly. Whether I am ordering stuff for my distro or my personal stash, Chase is always really good about packing vinyl.

weakling_goat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:57 am 

carnalsadistprod wrote:
weakling_goat wrote:

I don't know if that was Chase's fault. I order from him regularly. Whether I am ordering stuff for my distro or my personal stash, Chase is always really good about packing vinyl.

Mm, alright. The cardboard packaging looked fine on the outside I think. Should I contact him about a trade in or something or just count my losses and move on?

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:20 am 

weakling_goat wrote:
carnalsadistprod wrote:
weakling_goat wrote:

Mm, alright. The cardboard packaging looked fine on the outside I think. Should I contact him about a trade in or something or just count my losses and move on?

If this was a recent purchase, I'd say go for it. If not, cut your losses and see if you can do something else with it. Odds are though, if you didn't let him know as soon as you got the LP you're going to to have a fun time trading it in or getting another copy.

weakling_goat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:36 am 

carnalsadistprod wrote:
weakling_goat wrote:
carnalsadistprod wrote:
weakling_goat wrote:

If this was a recent purchase, I'd say go for it. If not, cut your losses and see if you can do something else with it. Odds are though, if you didn't let him know as soon as you got the LP you're going to to have a fun time trading it in or getting another copy.

It arrived sometime mid-last week. I opened it yesterday because that was my first day home from New Jersey since last Tuesday. I guess I'll send him a message.

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 pm 

Chase is a cool guy, you may be able to work something out.

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:29 pm 

Wolfsvuur Records
http://www.wolfsvuur.nl

I conducted a trade with him. He is very fast and pro. I received his pack before I even had a chance to mail mine. I recommend checking his label/distro out. Highly suggested.

kaoswar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:49 pm 

Hey...CarnalSadism Distro

thanks for the items sent, as well as the FREE Pathogen CDr...for those wh haven't ordered from this distro, I highly recommend so. Very well packaged items and professional attitude...I believe there is an offer on all items on the distro, so check em out!!

http://carnalsadism.blackterror.org

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 am 

kaoswar wrote:
Hey...CarnalSadism Distro

thanks for the items sent, as well as the FREE Pathogen CDr...for those wh haven't ordered from this distro, I highly recommend so. Very well packaged items and professional attitude...I believe there is an offer on all items on the distro, so check em out!!

http://carnalsadism.blackterror.org

Thanks for the plug brother. I appreciate your business. I always try to throw in free shit when money and supplies permit. Thanks for the fast payment.

SepticTomb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:15 am 

Comatose Music - Extremely fast shipping, great prices, absolutely no problems. I've literally ordered things and received them the next day even though they were sent media mail.

Runefire Records - Very fast, extremely secure packaging. Will automatically bump shipping up if there's a day's delay in sending it out. Stupidly low prices.

Metalbolic Records - Great prices, free shipping, no problems at all.

Thanks to those who've said good things about NTR.

Brutal death meets funeral doom - www.myspace.com/septictomb

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:23 am 

S.D.I. Production is also very great, quick order, safe packaging and a bunch of free CDs have been added.

No Colours and Darkland Records are also very reliable, had multiple orders from both until now.

Same applies for Miriquidi Distro

Heer_Beraht
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:17 am 

Teutonic Satan ( www.teutonicsatan.cjb.net )

A fast and cheap tape distro! Good packaging as well, recommended!

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:46 pm 

Heer_Beraht wrote:
Teutonic Satan ( www.teutonicsatan.cjb.net )

A fast and cheap tape distro! Good packaging as well, recommended!

I'll second that. Our trade went smooth as fuck. Support the underground.

kaoswar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 am 

not sure where to post this topic (and I am not going to look through thousands of topics), but AVOID THESE EBAY SELLER (STEALERS):

- al_santo (ripped me off $7.00 for the Korrozia Metalla - Russian Vodka CD/DVD)

- nuggetsrecords (ripped me off $15.00 for the CHTHONIC A DECADE ON THE THRONE dvd)

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:43 am 

kaoswar wrote:
not sure where to post this topic (and I am not going to look through thousands of topics), but AVOID THESE EBAY SELLER (STEALERS):

- al_santo (ripped me off $7.00 for the Korrozia Metalla - Russian Vodka CD/DVD)

- nuggetsrecords (ripped me off $15.00 for the CHTHONIC A DECADE ON THE THRONE dvd)

I don't see why we can't have it here. They are technically people who are distro'ing metal works.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:13 pm 

There is a distinction between a distro and a trader, though, however fine that line may be.

Is this "al_santo" an actual distro or just a trader?

ralfman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:24 pm 

Guardians of Metal (Portugal)

Bought and traded several time by net . Everything went fine always .
Packs received few days after the order/deal.
I usually go for the used bin , sinse i look for old, sometimes out of print cds.
The prices are normal, regular based ones.

http://www.guardiansofmetal.net

Selling:
https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... 9&t=119265

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:24 am 

rexxz wrote:
There is a distinction between a distro and a trader, though, however fine that line may be.

Is this "al_santo" an actual distro or just a trader?

Al Santos runs a very small and quite weak "shop" on ebay. Most of his stock relies on movies, but he carries some weak variety "Metal."

I avoid buying metal off of ebay...save for some wholesale lots that go out now and again.

fiercetroll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:37 am 

Dear Australia:
Are there any good Australian distros that stock a variety of death or thrash metal and have reasonable shipping prices within Australia?

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:39 am 

fiercetroll wrote:
Dear Australia:
Are there any good Australian distros that stock a variety of death or thrash metal and have reasonable shipping prices within Australia?

Asphyxiate Recordings
http://www.asphyxiaterecordings.com

I don't know about his rates within Australia, but he carries a nice variety of Black Metal, Thrash, and Death Metal.

fiercetroll
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:20 am 

Awesome carnalsadistprod, thanks!

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:59 am 

fiercetroll wrote:
Awesome carnalsadistprod, thanks!

No worries, brother. Cheers!

Manheim
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:01 am 

Asti78 wrote:
No Colours

I heard several complaints about this label, like rip off activities and severe bad packaging (infamous pizza parcels)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next