Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:00 am 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
I haven't listened to any of the bands involved in that statement but it is one hell of a read. I'm starting to think that Bobby Liebling at his worst was still better than half the shit Judd has pulled; Bobby may have gotten too strung out for shows and alienated scores of bandmates but at least there aren't any stories about him stealing from people. Also, I'm astounded as to how much these musicians claim to have been making or lost. Is there really that much of a market for underground black metal?

Bobby had his parents to support him and his habit for decades. His father, who had a successful government job, estimates giving Bobby over a million dollars over the course of his lifetime. Bobby used to sell Pentagram demos and stuff like that for drug money for many years, so, in that way, he ripped off his own band members. But I honestly have never heard of guy ripping off fans like Blake did. The closest thing was a Vinnie Vincent story I read a few months back. I guess he also had a habit of ripping off his fans, although it wasn't driven by drugs, and is apparently the reason that Kiss wants nothing at all do with him.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:49 pm 

Quote:
Is there really that much of a market for underground black metal?

If you claim to have the right record in the right print, you can pretty much rely on someone grabbing it even at a very inflated price, hence some of the outrageous prices people ask on discogs. Also, there could be an element of buying a really well regarded piece from an actual black metal musician having some kind of currency as well, or just making it seem even more of a valuable transaction due to some perceived romantic connection to "the old days".

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:20 am 

Didn't an [ex] *Suffocation member do something similar?
Sold merchandise but didn't deliver it :scratch:

*I'll edit this if that's not the correct band

EDIT: I got a 404 error submitting this

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:28 am 

dreadmeat wrote:

Ugh, I know what you are referring to but I'm drawing a blank too. Sure it is Suffocation? Bleh..
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:38 am 

Some feral posts here to read
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metal-Rip-Off-Reports/294798990670260

SwampSlimer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:55 am 

Diamhea wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

Ugh, I know what you are referring to but I'm drawing a blank too. Sure it is Suffocation? Bleh..

Not sure about Suffocation, but Ryan Stanek (original Broken Hope drummer) was kicked out of the band for this very reason.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:57 am 

That was the one I was thinking of, thanks. Not sure about dread though.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:06 am 

That must be it, I won't edit it, you guys quoted me! :roll:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:11 am 

Official statement by Deadlight Entertainment, who are/were handling the Nachtmystium/Xasthur split:

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Judging by all the scams and fuss around NACHTMYSTIUM's frontman Blake Judd, I think it's time to make things clear on DeadlightEntertainment side.

Deadlight Entertainment is a France based label born in 2008 and I run it all by myself. I had no links of any kind with Blake Judd until I answered his request of finding a label to reissue the NM/ Xasthur split. I have been a fan of both bands so I wanted to do it. Aside from my label I am associated in a clothing brand called Her(m)etic and we had the idea to have Her(m)etic design the artwork of the 7" and the bands shirts. I felt pretty pleased and honoured to release this record, being a fan of both bands. Plus, it would have been a pretty cool promo for my clothing brand.

Blake Judd liked the artwork we did and he requested other artworks for Nachtmystium and for his new band Hate Meditation plus a NM patch which we provided. He promised to send some shirts as well as bundles from "The World we left Behind" which was ok to us. Later he announced on his Facebook that he was reissuing the "White Powder not White Power" shirt and zipped hoodies. I really liked this shirt and I told him I'd loved to have a shirt and/or a hoodie. He answered me to Paypal him some money. I told him I designed shirts for free so he can release them by himself and so it was unfair to charge me for a shirt. Usually all the bands I have worked with released some merch by themselves always offered me some merch as it's normal to greet a collaborator who's taking care of your band, music and carreer. So I felt disappointed, even angry.

Also, Blake Judd tried to convince me to release more Hate Meditation merch as he told me the band has recently signed to french label Season of Mist. Knowing some reliable people from S.O.M staff, I phoned and asked them if it was true and they mostly told me it was wrong or they weren't aware of it.

Once again, Blake Judd was so motivated with this vinyl reissue he told me to release all the NM 7" even the split with KRIEG. He publicly announced it and I received a message from Neil from KRIEG telling me he was not ok with this release as Blake Judd has no rights on KRIEG. So I gave my word to Neil that I will never release this split and steal his songs.

Blake Judd asked me to send 7" and shirts as royalties for this release (his royalties + Xasthur's and he will send his part to Scott from Xasthur). Judging by the scams he recently did by selling CDs and LP bundles of his last album he doesn't have, suddenly finding a box of black metal rarities (seriously how can you hide or lose a full box of rare vinyls?!?????) selling them to people and never sending them, I am now in a dead end. If people have ordered the split and shirts from him, I don't want them to be ripped off by my fault by not sending Blake Judd his part as I don't want him to keep Xasthur's part. I really think about sending the stock to Xasthur as I trust him better than Blake Judd and I know he will send Blake's part.

Finally I really wanted and hoped this release would attract some spotlights on my little label and instead of this, I have been accused of being another face of Blake judd. I had some medias refusing to help me promote this release because they don't want to promote Blake Judd's music. This release has been such a pain in the neck.

This message was sent to make somethings clear: Deadlight is an idependant label and I won't bow to an "important" person especially if this person is using his band and "celebrity" to ripp off his fans and supporters. This release will be the first and the last I do with Blake Judd. I am as pissed off as all of you, I am sure you all understand.

So i would like to thank the following : Scott from XASTHUR,Neil from KRIEG, Tristan & Mika at Season of Mist, people at Century Media Records, all customers who have bought from US.

XASTHUR/ NACHTMYSTIUM 7" split will be released on september 18th and will be shipped on this day.

Alexandre Martinez on behalf of Deadlight Entertainment

Last.fm

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:52 am 

NIce one!

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:57 am 

Good for him. Also, he's handling a stoner band with a member of Malhkebre, that could be interesting!

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:40 pm 

As a slight side note, the "drug motel" in the Krieg article is called the Milshire Hotel in Chicago. Look up some pictures and reviews; it's hilariously sketchy.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:46 pm 

I'm doing a drive by right now, looks suspect as!

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:50 pm 

Wait, you do mean in google maps or something, right? Because if you're actually in Chicago we totally need to meet up. :lol:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:55 pm 

Oh, Gnu... :roll:

Ha ha yeah google maps mate, the place looks rough as guts aye
That woman selling juice over the road :nono:

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:58 pm 

Hey, it's been a long day and I'm sick as hell. Besides, Empyreal randomly showed up here from North Dakota once, that's kind of close, right. :P

Weird thing is that's only a block or so away from some good music venues I've frequented. I knew the area there was kind of bad, but didn't realize parts of it got to such extremes.

Best part about Milshire though is the website; clean and dandy but also suspiciously minimal until you realize the fancy layout is obviously compensating for something.

hippiejay
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:56 pm 

FYI: Milshire finally shut down a couple weeks ago.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:26 pm 

So...apparently Judd is in the hospital and in pretty rough shape. Supposedly an infection. I'm trying to find more info.

Last.fm

NoKnownName
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:34 pm 

Well, when you poke yourself full of holes...

AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:14 pm 

dude should just get on Suboxone unless he's so romantically entwined into the junkie lifestyle.

I am a former heroin addict.

It is a fucking crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy thing to do. You shoot heroin. HEROIN. YOU INJECT HEROIN. EVERY DAY.

Its so insane.

I've been off of it since July 5th, 2005. I was young when I was using opiates/heroin (16-20) and part of the appeal was the rebel lifestyle, knowing you are consuming this massively elicit thing that the federal government spends untold millions of dollars trying to prevent. Its empowering, in a weirdly twisted way.

But holy shit, does it wreak havoc on every part of your humanity.
Death metal --> for fans of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Vader, Luciferion, Centurian, Throneaeon, Hate Eternal, Slayer, old Belphegor, Immortal, Angelcorpse, Diabolic, Krisiun, Defaced Creation, Rebaelliun, Azarath, Insision, Monstrosity, Vital Remains

http://www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:49 pm 

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
dude should just get on Suboxone unless he's so romantically entwined into the junkie lifestyle.

Or he should just fucking quit, since Suboxone withdrawal is even worse. You are probably right on the latter point, though.

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
I've been off of it since July 5th, 2005.

Awesome job, dude! Good for you.

AngeldeathGreg wrote:
Part of the appeal was the rebel lifestyle, knowing you are consuming this massively elicit thing that the federal government spends untold millions of dollars trying to prevent. Its empowering, in a weirdly twisted way.

This times a million! Living in an inner city, it is inevitable that you will run into it sooner or later. I'm not saying don't experiment, as I believe everybody has that right, but definitely read up on it first (as you should with any recreational drug use). Chicago is definitely one of the biggest scenes in the country for dope, so until Judd vacates either forcibly or voluntarily, I don't think he will ever shake this monkey.

Quote:
But holy shit, does it wreak havoc on every part of your humanity.

A lot of this runs parallel to your last quote, if drug users weren't so fanatically prosecuted and the laws changed/removed, most of that "Us against the world" response would dissolve and the deviant behavior that feeds into a lot of the junkie lifestyle would be curbed. The recent rescheduling of hydrocodone to schedule II proves that everyone, from chronic pain patients to Jimmy who just got his wisdom teeth removed, will all be scrutinized more than ever, and the medical field is very quick to toss the term 'drug seeker' around in these instances. What does this mean? Well, thousands of people taking prescribed pain medicine for years will suddenly be cut off or find the hoops to be jumped through too insurmountable. More people will turn to the street for their fix. What a fine, fine mess, and Judd is just a highly publicized case that rings true as a carbon copy of multitudes more.

Spoiler: show

Last.fm

AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:00 am 

I wish Hydrocodone was scheduled higher years ago, because that's how I got hooked.

I live in a wealthy upper-middle class suburb of Albany, NY: Delmar (in the town of Bethlehem).

Before my junior year of high school, I had my widsom teeth taken out. I used the hydrocodone for pain, and that wasn't a problem. It wasn't until I had a bad headache or something before school a couple weeks in and thought "Hmmm.... this should probably help? I wonder...." and gulped down a big swig of it or something. And then holy shit.

I wore black cargo khacki pants to school. I parked in the soccer lot. I walked across the fields to the side entrance, with my Billabong hoodie on. I know who I passed in the hallway.

Those first 30 or so minutes of being high on opiates was....... revelatory. It was the missing link in my life. I was now unafraid. I felt incredible. Happy. Jubilant. Interested in everything and everyone. I wanted to talk to everybody. Everything was finally so awesome. It was as if the blear, monochrome gray filter of the world for me was lifted and filled with joyous pulsing rays of beautiful pressure (the opiate high is like a pressure feeling in your body, kind of).

Opiates helped me with my music, my writing.... until I needed more. I didn't know much about hydrocodone or anything until after I was already addicted. Oh, you mean hydrocodone and morphine are the same thing? They're opiates? And THAT'S what heroin is? Well, this isn't so bad.... this is actually really nice.... so jeez, they lied to me about pot, so heroin can't be that bad either obviously....

And it was a slow progression from there. Eventually leading to being a daily IV user.

Part of the appeal for me was the daily adventure of trying to score, having something to do. I didn't like having a stash to tide me over for days or weeks. That was weird, and I would just use it all. I knew that I could "control" it by scoring every day. That was one way my brain kind of kept everything in check. If I spent $500 on a weeks worth of dope, it would be gone in a day, and I'd be screwed, but if I went every day to get the 2-3 bags I needed per day, then I'd be okay.

Always clean needles, too. Never shared. Thankfully.

Addiction is a crazy thing man. It was so long ago now that a lot of it is fading into the hazy ocean of lost memories, but I do remember knowing that even though I knew what I was doing was terrible, I always tried to control it and be safe about it.
Death metal --> for fans of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Vader, Luciferion, Centurian, Throneaeon, Hate Eternal, Slayer, old Belphegor, Immortal, Angelcorpse, Diabolic, Krisiun, Defaced Creation, Rebaelliun, Azarath, Insision, Monstrosity, Vital Remains

http://www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:43 am 

As someone with severe social anxiety, and has recently learned that alcohol removes it entirely while it's in effect (and has since had to drink before I go out to social events), I can certainly relate to that story. I used to feel contempt for people who became addicted to whatever substance, but over the past 2 - 3 years I've learned how easy it can potentially be to fall into that trap. The danger of relying on it to thrive in life, as an easy way out of your problems.

It's rather scary to be frank. Congrats on going, and staying, clean man and thanks for the tale.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 am 

BloodSacrificeShaman wrote:
As someone with severe social anxiety, and has recently learned that alcohol removes it entirely while it's in effect (and has since had to drink before I go out to social events), I can certainly relate to that story. I used to feel contempt for people who became addicted to whatever substance, but over the past 2 - 3 years I've learned how easy it can potentially be to fall into that trap. The danger of relying on it to thrive in life, as an easy way out of your problems.

It's rather scary to be frank. Congrats on going, and staying, clean man and thanks for the tale.

Same thing happened to my grandpa. A combination of what was probably undiagnosed Asperger's (in the earlier half of the 20th century, when the formal acknowledgement of its existence was still very new and there wasn't anything even resembling a support system), a worthless mother who gave his entire college fund to his loser of a brother (who relentlessly plowed through it), and a more generalized mix of ruined chances and exploitation from others led to his becoming a bitter, world-weary man with serious social anxiety issues who self-medicated with alcohol. He went through at least one sixer of beer a day, and my mother can recall him downing it like medicine rather than enjoying it. He certainly wasn't a mean drunk; by all accounts, he was actually one hell of a fun drunk. That being said, it put a strain on the family's finances (Grandpa didn't make much to begin with, and my grandmother never worked a day in her life and spent her days chainsmoking and reading either the newspaper or trashy checkout aisle romance novels) and was a constant reminder of how sad his entire existence was, in addition to possibly and probably seeding my family's genes with a predilection for alcoholism.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:47 am 

Yeah, that certainly drives the point home. I'm doing my best to ensure alcohol doesn't become a dependency, but the trouble is it's a very tempting, easy, effortless means to combat the problems when compared to the much harder and longer alternative (therapy, exposure, all the struggles and discomfort that comes with it).

napacione
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:01 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Never stop the madness.

this always happens

Official statement by Century Media imminent.

Read more: recreational drugs make you stupid

Never a dull fucking moment in Blake's fucked up drug crazed world -- he took advantage of my cousin with her money, Asshole! He took advantage of my family on that one as she's a 51 year old woman who shares a condo with her younger brother. Not cool Judd you fucking tool -- has he read Confessions of An Opium Eater because is where all his money is going. When you realize I never took a hard drug in my life and I had tried pot not really my bag. I need a clear head approaching dark subject matter and there is no way in hell I can produce the horror I do if I am taking that kind of shit. Diamhea when I am encouraging those not to take hard drugs but I am on medication for my health I know what I am on it for but Judd had rooted his brain all together.
Am I Making This Up?; article weighing in on a cyber-vangelist featuring a Reverbnation Playlist from a band I did a show with. Grigori 3. Tabloid Journalist; more like a Weird Historian/Publisher. This along with A Publisher's Confessional *play nice*

BlackFlags
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:39 am 

Can someone knock this cunt out already? how has he not been incarcerated for all of this theft. God damn, why doesn't some able bodied fans stand up and teach the fucker a lesson. Everyone whinges on internet boards about getting ripped off by him, but I haven't heard of one person teaching this scumbag a lesson. You have to take the law into your own hands.

Unholier Master
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:33 am 

BlackFlags wrote:
God damn, why doesn't some able bodied fans stand up and teach the fucker a lesson. Everyone whinges on internet boards about getting ripped off by him, but I haven't heard of one person teaching this scumbag a lesson. You have to take the law into your own hands.

That's because the majority of metal fans aren't nearly as tough or confrontational as their music tells them they are.

The idea of wandering into the squalor of a crack den where there are very likely dealers and others carrying guns to pick a fight with a junkie is probably pretty low on most metal fans' lists of fun things to do. All the Manowar songs and chest-thumping in the world can't prepare one for actual violent confrontation.

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:07 pm 

So, I don't know if anyone even gives a shit anymore (I only do because this is all new to me and very interesting to read, lol) but apparently Blake Judd is actually, legitimately, trying to make a fresh start, most notably by refunding some of the scammed.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/07/10/na ... e-scammed/

I mean, I still wouldn't buy from him and I still don't trust him, but it'd be a great comeback story if, in a few years, it's pretty clear that he's totally legit on this and becomes respected once again.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 am 

not the first time he claims he'd come clean. DO NOT TRUST/SUPPORT/ORDER/WHATEVER!!
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3