Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:42 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Yeah, what exactly is he doing there? Eating/snorting something? Is that white thing a cast on his finger?

Although I don't have any personal knowledge that this is true, word is that his hands are a mess from shooting up directly into his fingers.

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
Don't get shot while you're at it Gnu! Notice how the people in the photo are looking at him? They're only thinking one thing, "damn this honkie's either got balls of steel or he's one bad ass mother fucker, either way better leave him be".

The girl in the photo is his girlfriend, or wife, or whatever. Everyone in that photo is undoubtedly there for the same reason and they're probably just waiting their turn to share whatever Blake's got.

Delta_Wing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:43 pm 

Yeah and I also know I'm not dumb enough to be caught walking around at Madison and Western no matter what time of day

Why would that be?

Regarding the photo is that off of his Facebook page or something? How are does anyone know it's him and not some other guy. In no way defending this scum bag btw.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:47 pm 

Tad may be exaggerating here...that's a whole lot of speculation.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:07 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Tad may be exaggerating here...that's a whole lot of speculation.

Well, I admitted that I don't personally know, but guys like Neill Jameson and Andrew Markuszewski were talking about it over on the Blakecrush page, and they'd know better than I would.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:45 pm 

I agree with Frog. Just today I grazed the bottom of my nose with my index finger because my nose was itchy. It could have been some kind of drug seeing what kind of person he is, but let's not jump the gun here.

DaBuddha
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:55 pm 

A while back Blake was selling some old shirts and stuff on his Facebook page. I messaged him about buying a leather jacket with patches on it. He sent me a message with the amount he wanted for it and when I told him I could pay him within a week or so, he never responded and I never heard from him again. Obviously he needed drug money right then and there. I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten the jacket too as I think most of the people who bought stuff from him have nothing but bad things to say.
We spread our wings and fly away

Just tell Nocturno Culto you were too busy getting stoned to burn down churches, he'll understand.
Darkthrone - My Anti-Drug

Exigence

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:03 pm 

I lived just past North and Western, not too far from there. Yeah, I used to say "DO NOT GO SOUTH OF ROOSEVELT" but clearly as things have gotten worse the borders have changed.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:06 pm 

Delta_Wing wrote:
Yeah and I also know I'm not dumb enough to be caught walking around at Madison and Western no matter what time of day

Why would that be?

Cause I don't feel like running the risk of getting robbed or possibly shot or both.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:13 pm 

Blake doesn't have a facebook anymore. he deleted that as well as the band pages.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:14 pm 

If you pre-ordered the new album from Blake, there is some good news (no luck if you ordered anything else he was claiming to be selling):

http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetaile ... dCompany=2

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:21 pm 

That's some good news indeed.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:11 pm 

'The World We Left Behind' also marks the last album NACHTMYSTIUM has with Century Media Records. We wish Blake Judd the best of luck with all future endeavors, both musically and personally.'

Beautiful.

FloristOfVampyrism
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:21 am 

He should team up with Kanwulf, Josh from Velvet Cacoon and the guys from Dimmu Borgir in the ultimate coalition to finally destroy Black Metal forever

Bicro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 pm 

FloristOfVampyrism wrote:
He should team up with Kanwulf, Josh from Velvet Cacoon and the guys from Dimmu Borgir in the ultimate coalition to finally destroy Black Metal forever

How? By getting high and not playing?

heavymetalbanger1989
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:30 pm 

TadGhostal wrote:
If you pre-ordered the new album from Blake, there is some good news (no luck if you ordered anything else he was claiming to be selling):

I like how the band photo is just him smoking a cigarette and looking smug instead of, you know, a photo of the band.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:28 am 

heavymetalbanger1989 wrote:
TadGhostal wrote:

I like how the band photo is just him smoking a cigarette and looking smug instead of, you know, a photo of the band.

Well... Judd is the band at this point.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:43 pm 

Lord Imperial/Neil Jameson sheds some light on the situation:

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/neill-krieg-blake-judd?utm_source=noiseyfbus

From the sounds of it, the drugs only helped to compound an underlying penchant for lying and stealing. Really sad to read this guy's account of how one of his closest friends hit rock bottom so thoroughly that he couldn't really do anything but cut all ties with the guy.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:22 pm 

Ah, was just about to post that. Living in Chicago I'm sort of curious as to the locations of the "ghetto" places he mentioned Blake frequenting...(and no, I'm not trying to get drugs, just want to pull up the locations on google maps and say "damn, that *does* look like a notorious drug motel.")

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:26 pm 

I'm just about to read it...

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:47 pm 

Wow, good read! Some inaccuracies (he never went to prison....) but really sheds some light on the reason behind the October arrest. Nice catch iamntbatman.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Scourge441
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:58 pm 

Y'know, I've heard stories about Blake Judd deliberately getting into heroin because he "wanted a hard life" or he thought it would help his music or something ridiculous. And I knew he was actually a junkie, but I thought it was just idiotic posturing to beef up his image.

Seeing it confirmed in Neill's article, though? Wow. Normally I have some sympathy for addicts, but it seems he got exactly what he wanted.

Kids, don't do heroin.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:56 pm 

Yeah that whole shit about Blake sitting on Neill's chest and telling him he needs another tragedy in his life is just...wow. It's so hard to believe someone could be that fucking dumb.

Fuck Blake Judd.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:24 pm 

I've been saying he's a shithead since what? 2003? People are now finally catching on to it eleven years later??

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:20 pm 

That was a great readby Neil.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:46 pm 

The whole "Wake Neil up by sitting on his chest" reminded me too much an anime trope, so I envisioned it as so. I bled out of my orifices.

The way this is going, Judd is going to disappear and ten years later start releasing material again or something. Judd is sort of reminding me of Bob Forrest of Thelonius Monster. Though I wholly doubt Judd would come back as a big drug counselor. From the way I see it, Judd is either going to make a comeback in 10 years or be dead in 3.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:51 pm 

I'm betting on dead in 3.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:53 pm 

PDS wrote:
The whole "Wake Neil up by sitting on his chest" reminded me too much an anime trope

Judd just wanted to make sure he looked kawaii enough before meeting the drug dealer.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:26 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
PDS wrote:
The whole "Wake Neil up by sitting on his chest" reminded me too much an anime trope

Judd just wanted to make sure he looked kawaii enough before meeting the drug dealer.

*ahem*

"Neil-kyun, okinasai! Am I MOTTO KAWAII enough for D-Sempai? He might give me a discount if I am!"

"No"

"HIDOI~".

As someone who actually is learning Japanese, I felt my fingernails snapping off my fingers as I typed that.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:33 pm 

PDS wrote:
*ahem*

"Neil-kyun, okinasai! Am I MOTTO KAWAII enough for D-Sempai? He might give me a discount if I am!"

"No"

"HIDOI~".

As someone who actually is learning Japanese, I felt my fingernails snapping off my fingers as I typed that.

As someone who has learned (some) Japanese, I got chills. :p
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:45 pm 

In a perfect world, we'd get an anime about Judd and his drug adventures.

Bicro
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:55 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
In a perfect world, we'd get an anime about Judd and his drug adventures.

ブレイク ・ ジャッド薬物の優秀な冒険 !

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:01 am 

In the immortal words of Ministry "never trust a junkie" :|

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 am 

That was a good read and left me feeling pretty empty. I guess there's not really much left to say. I still hope maybe one day he can pull himself together and carve out some sort of happiness, but it's looking pretty grim right now.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:38 am 

droneriot wrote:
I've been saying he's a shithead since what? 2003? People are now finally catching on to it eleven years later??

Sometimes these things take a while.

Neil, for instance...ok, I don't doubt much of what he said and it's cool that he decided to set it all down here, but how many years do you let someone keep fucking you around before you put your foot down and say that enough is enough? He's either an extremely loyal friend or a bit too willing to let a guy like that walk all over him.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

vashts80
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:30 pm 

neill is a kind but anti-social guy so it doesn't surprise me that it'd take years to get to the point with blake where he cut all ties - you want to hope that they clean themselves up but they never do and eventually it just gets to THE breaking point.

excellent read.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:38 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
As someone who has learned (some) Japanese, I got douche chills. :p

FTFY :thumbsup:

Last.fm

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:16 pm 

I haven't listened to any of the bands involved in that statement but it is one hell of a read. I'm starting to think that Bobby Liebling at his worst was still better than half the shit Judd has pulled; Bobby may have gotten too strung out for shows and alienated scores of bandmates but at least there aren't any stories about him stealing from people. Also, I'm astounded as to how much these musicians claim to have been making or lost. Is there really that much of a market for underground black metal?

Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 pm 

Nope, only for trendy black metal. ;)

They're quite big from what I understand, though I was surprised myself to see those kind of numbers being mentioned. But when you consider the fact that this type of band taps into a larger market than strictly the metal one, I guess it makes sense.

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:48 am 

Krieg are quite good, I was playing The Black House yesterday
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Krieg/The_Black_House
No idea why he let Blake walk all over him for years :ugh:

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:55 am 

Side note, anyone hear the new Krieg track/video? it's pretty damn great, love the experimentation in it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next