Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:45 pm 

Hey! I'm a vocalist looking for bands to collaborate with. I'm up for anything, really - most of my work is in black metal and death metal but I can do just about anything, including clean vocals.

A few songs I've worked on (all vocals on these songs are mine):
https://theouterrim.bandcamp.com/track/ ... wo-tongues (from beginning to 1:57)
https://glass-shrine.bandcamp.com/track/hand-me-downs-2
https://flowerstothewelshmanatdusk.band ... -existence

I'm in the middle of midterms for the summer semester, so I might be slow to respond throughout this week and next, but send me PMs and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible. :)

EDIT: One more note: I'd prefer to work on full-fledged releases, rather than one-off songs that just collect dust on your SoundCloud forever.

Last edited by MutantClannfear on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:30 am 

Hey Mutant,

I'm not a band, but a couple of months ago I wrote 10+ metal songs on guitar. It's been a long while since I have, but I think I ended up with some usable stuff. I'm looking for online collaboration with a second guitarist to handle lead-type work, bass player, drummer, and a vocalist.

I'm not really sure what kind of vocals I'm looking for, but I'm pretty sure I want it to be hard and good. I'm not interested in someone who can copy someone else. I'm looking for someone who can be themselves and see if that works with what I've written. If you're wondering if I want clean vocals or not, then you need to forget that question and let me know what you think each song deserves. If that's a certain type of vocal style throughout all songs and it works...great! If each song requires a fresh vocal style...fine! If it's high notes...great! If it's low notes...okay! If it's dark...good! If it's scratchy...fine!

I live in Kenosha, Wisocnsin, USA.
Ultimately, I'm looking to make at least an 8 song album and sell it online and share any profits.

Here's the 10 songs I wrote a few months ago. Each one is dated on video splash screen, so you can see when they were finished. Most took 3-4 days to write (around 6-8 hours a piece), and were written and recorded in the order of videos. I recorded them using my Washburn WR150 Rocker Series guitar using Cakewalk Sonar. The distortion was something I carved out using Overloud TH2. Nothing real fancy. I didn't record to a metronome, so tempo might vary here-and-there when it's not supposed to. I can easily re-record to a metronome when I have to though.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKlwTE2pNOdMoihv8Y624rDmFimbxpOeX[/youtube]

Peace out,

Witch

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:24 pm 

witch_wyzwurd wrote:
Hey Mutant,

I'm not a band, but a couple of months ago I wrote 10+ metal songs on guitar. It's been a long while since I have, but I think I ended up with some usable stuff. I'm looking for online collaboration with a second guitarist to handle lead-type work, bass player, drummer, and a vocalist.

I'm not really sure what kind of vocals I'm looking for, but I'm pretty sure I want it to be hard and good. I'm not interested in someone who can copy someone else. I'm looking for someone who can be themselves and see if that works with what I've written. If you're wondering if I want clean vocals or not, then you need to forget that question and let me know what you think each song deserves. If that's a certain type of vocal style throughout all songs and it works...great! If each song requires a fresh vocal style...fine! If it's high notes...great! If it's low notes...okay! If it's dark...good! If it's scratchy...fine!

I live in Kenosha, Wisocnsin, USA.
Ultimately, I'm looking to make at least an 8 song album and sell it online and share any profits.

Here's the 10 songs I wrote a few months ago. Each one is dated on video splash screen, so you can see when they were finished. Most took 3-4 days to write (around 6-8 hours a piece), and were written and recorded in the order of videos. I recorded them using my Washburn WR150 Rocker Series guitar using Cakewalk Sonar. The distortion was something I carved out using Overloud TH2. Nothing real fancy. I didn't record to a metronome, so tempo might vary here-and-there when it's not supposed to. I can easily re-record to a metronome when I have to though.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKlwTE2pNOdMoihv8Y624rDmFimbxpOeX[/youtube]

Peace out,

Witch

This stuff sounds cool, but I notice it's only guitar tracks so far. If you've ever got a full instrument mix set up, come back to me and I may be able to help. :)

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:11 pm 

Ok. I'm going to work on that.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:11 pm 

Bump. For the record, somebody reached out to me via this forum on June 4th with an album they needed vocals and lyrics for, and I finished them by July 2nd. My turnaround is pretty quick.

Reply to topic