Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm 

A few months ago I wrote 10+ metal songs. Just rhythm guitar. I love writing metal-based guitar riffs.

It had been about ten years since I have and they came out pretty quickly. I made a basic video for each song, which dates the song when it was recorded. Each song took two to three days (about 6 hours) to write and record. I didn't record to a metronome, but I can when necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKlwTE2pNOdMoihv8Y624rDmFimbxpOeX

This is basically the sound I'm looking to do. You'll hear varying speeds, textures and styles throughout the songs, so newer songs will stay in the same vein but each will have a unique feel.

I'm looking for originality in a 2nd guitarist to handle ripping leads and eerie overtones while I crank out the rhythms.
    I'm looking for a bassist to weave their sound throughout the songs, twisting and clenching the guitar parts.
    I'm looking for a technical death metal minded drummer to tighten up the songs.
    I'm looking for a vocalist who can express themselves in many different ways. Go clean, scratchy, death metal style growls, whatever the song calls for. Maybe you're not that versatile but have a unique sound that works?

I'm seeking musicians who trip out on the music and hear what it takes to make it grow, not some trendy joker who wants to make friends and show off and go act like they're going to go kill a goat.

THIS IS FOR ONLINE COLLABORATION ONLY, AT LEAST FOR NOW. I'M LOOKING TO ULTIMATELY RECORD AN 8-10 SONG ALBUM. SO I NEED PEOPLE WHO CAN RECORD THEIR PARTS SO A PROFESSIONAL MIXER CAN TAKE IT ALL IN AND SPIT BACK A KICK ASS PRODUCT. EVERYONE WILL PROFIT EQUALLY/FAIRLY FOR ANY ALBUM SALES THROUGH A SHARED CONTRACT AGREEMENT.

Hit me up if you like my sound and want to proceed!

SnickerSneeGinGins
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:11 pm 

Ahoy there, Fellow metal brother. Guitarist Here! Stumbled across your posting and found your recordings rather interesting. Am seeking to do the same kind of project with my own originals in the works for a possible addition/collaboration. although I'm not set-up with equipment needed to record quality sounded recordings I'm able to send and receive files. can u break down each song into different parts to learn and improvised dubs over them easier? if so lmk. Ive got some very technical ind interesting riffage that can be put in the mix along with some of my own original shit. think; obscura meets eldamar with emphasis on time signatures and meter changes, similar to meshuggah! kind of hard to explain but still very interested and feeling your style! [email protected] \m/

Enter your password

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:14 am 

Hey. Thanks for replying. I’d be interested in hearing your music and additions to mine. Can you point me to any originals you might have online or send thru email? I have done tabs for songs 1-10. Gives all the chords/notes, just not put in metered form; although, I tried to space out chords/notes so another musician would be able to follow along. It’s all handwritten. I could send a song to start. As far as breaking down the recording into parts, I’d rather start by hearing your music/style before I tbrow more work/time into separating rhythms and such.

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:21 pm 

I could provide drums and if you wanted, synths/samples

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:14 pm 

Hey Amber. I’d definitely like to hear drums with my music. Do you have anything posted of you playing or can you send me a sample?

As far as syhth/keys...not a big fan of its usage is metal, but I’d like to hear your ideas after getting the core of a song down.

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:58 pm 

Hey I am a bass player here I am currently in college with a major for jazz studues. However I am a true metalhead at heart I would be down to be a part of this

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:15 pm 

Hey Mallcore. I haven’t heard back from any of those posts above. Did you want to add bass to one of my songs? If so, pick one and I’ll pin down a tempo, rerecord to a metronome and send you a file and guitar tab.

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 pm 

I liked track 6 i can def get something down for it and yes the tabs will probably help!

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:25 am 

Hey Mallcore. I did get your email. I’m taking a shit and then was going to review Track 6. It’s been a year since I’ve played any of these songs, so I’m going to run through it a few times to get it back in mind. I’ll update you later today to let you know how far I got. CST-Wisconsin.

As far as drums. It’s up to you if you want something to do, but if we think we have something worth getting a real drummer for, I have one I should be able to connect with.

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 pm 

Sounds good I have already tried to come up with some bass lines by ear but the tabs will probably help. i do not mind writing some drum tracks so ill probably end up writing some for fun. really its you're decision if we use them or not

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:19 pm 

Hey Malkcore:

I finished recording. About to mix down. Did I slight change with fingertap part which added to end also. No big deal. You’ll see what I mean. Tab won’t reflect it but it won’t matter as no new riffs are introduced.

BTW, this is the drummer I’d ask... https://youtu.be/UGe8SslnyvI

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:30 pm 

Mallcore: Song/tab sent

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:16 pm 

I got your email. This is the response.

Totally understand the work thing. No prob. Thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing the bass track. If you can, send along 3 files:

(1) bass gtr only
(2) bass gtr + my part
(3) bass gtr + my part + drums

It can be .mp3 for now. If the time comes, we can dropbox wavs. Also did you watch the link to the drummer I posted above? Here's him drumming in his other band Horseman. They're out of Germany, btw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtQaXVfd-zc

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:29 pm 

Ill take a look at the video when i get home and also work on the part some more!

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:06 am 

Hey Witch i have everything written out just gotta record the bass now so ill send you the tracks soon

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:58 am 

Fucking exciting! No need for your tabs at the momen.

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:47 pm 

Hey witch I have been working on finals at school so I havent gotten to really get into the studio that much but Ill try to bang out that recording tonight to send to you. Sorry for the delays I've just been swamped with homework and testing

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:52 pm 

Alright. Just keep up with me. Good luck on tests!

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:27 am 

Hey Witch just emailed the parts let me know if you want anything cleaned up

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 7:36 am 

I received the email. I'm going to reserve some time today to check out your work.

sub_idol666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 am 

Vocalist here ! PM me for more info, details and Music.
Best of luck !

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:37 am 

Hey W4q2:

First off: I’m an idiot. I thought Mallcore Kid was your handle. Lol!
Second: Sorry, I haven’t replied yet. Multiple reasons....
a. I’m animating a music video for a song I wrote ( https://youtu.be/AEallqAbKkk ).
b. I hear changes I need to make to the song we’re working on.
c. Work reduces time to do everything.

I’m planning to eliminate the 2nd and 3rd riffs. They sound too funky for the song. How do you feel about that?

RIFF 1: I like how you did the bass line in the first riff; however, I think after 4 or 5 of my 16 repeats, you should keep the bassline more melodic instead of going back to the more plain version. I tend to like how the bassline is when riff one repeats in the middle of the song.

RIFF 4: How do you feel about matching my picking speed, note for note? The difference in chug speed throws off the thunderous bassiness that I think that could shine.

RIFF 5: How about during the first half when I don’t chug chords, the bass line follows those chugs like they’re there, instead of trying to follow the tapping? I think this will help the guitar stand out and eliminate too much conformity.

I’m almost done with music video, but I’ll work with our song as much as I can til then.

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:43 am 

Hey subidol666:

Post any links to samples of yourself. Thanks.

W4q2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:25 pm 

i will begin to work on that !

sub_idol666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:49 am 

Metal Archives won´t let me PM you. So I sent you an email with links to my vocals.

witch_wyzwurd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 3:45 pm 

W4q2:

I worked on enhancing the song. I think I'm getting it to something less funky, at least in my eyes. I'll probably be sending you something by email tomorrow. Might be a rough draft.

Reply to topic