Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:34 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
That thing was fast as hell when it wanted to move. How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

A bit late to the party but I love that movie. And if you miss run like hell, nice job slaying the beast though.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:57 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYk3lEb_fe4

this will make everyone feel better about being a musician even if they have never picked up a guitar or mic before in their life.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:01 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I took aim and tossed that fucker through the door and right onto my pants.

Sounds like a sex joke, but I can't be sure what it is.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:08 pm 

You know, I just came across this picture, and it got me thinking..... What is it about pictures of deep, murky waters and giant things that is so bloody unnerving?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:11 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
You know, I just came across this picture, and it got me thinking..... What is it about pictures of deep, murky waters and giant things that is so bloody unnerving?

cause these fucking things actually exist and you'd never know till it's too late.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 pm 

Nah, I don't think something that big can actually exist. I mean, can you imagine how much food would be required to feed just one of those fuckers? Still though, I always found the deep sea to be pretty scary. I mean, shit, there's even a type of fish that looks not unlike the wailing souls of the damned.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:26 pm 

I wish the ugly fish thread wasn't locked. There's some really freaky looking things in there.

On that note, let us all remember our friend, the Blob Fish.

Spoiler: show

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 pm 

There was a thread..... Dedicated to ugly fish?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:32 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69242

Yup. A lot of the links are broken now, but quite a few of them still work. Don't know why it was locked.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:35 pm 

Someone posted a picture in that thread of a puffer-fish covered in bullet belts and then put them in the Conqueror logo. I think the links in the thread are broken, though. Anyone have those images?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:36 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Don't know why it was locked.

To contain the abyssal evil, of course.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:41 pm 

But then again Starmere, you are here :oh shit:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:44 pm 

And I'll be here long after all you finless are dead. :)

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:01 pm 

Sea life is so fucking cool, if one day I ever get back to studying biology I think i will move to some coastal city and study Marine Biology instead.

YsmirsBeard666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:22 pm 

Well, I've been seeing a lot of deaths, in metal, and in rock music as a whole. It's kind of getting to me. I'm realizing that, within the next ten years, we'll see a lot of classic bands dropping like flies. How long will Maiden be together? Mayhem? Priest?

I'm 16, and I'm realizing my generation of music fans will be the last to see a lot of great acts in person. Gives me a heavy heart, it does.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:30 pm 

After looking at the old fish thread, I'm fairly certain that the writers of the "Octonauts" are lurking around the boards here. I found like five of the featured sea creatures on that show in the thread there.

Go blob fish, go blob fish. That's probably one of my least favorite Disney junior shows... too bad my son loves it.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:34 pm 

Marag wrote:
Sea life is so fucking cool, if one day I ever get back to studying biology I think i will move to some coastal city and study Marine Biology instead.

My sister set out to do the same, only to discover that marine biology post-degree is more fish farms and cultivation than it is Cousteau. That seems to be where the money/research is right now.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:45 pm 

Anyone else notice that Aurone is the one to inform the forum about pretty much everyone that dies? Based on that, can't the mods give him a title?
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:30 pm 

Don't fear the Aurone.

Anyone else here a fan of Mike Patton? The man really has variety of
vocal styles, tricks, and projects. Ocasionally he'll be part of something that's total ass (I'm looking at you, delirium cordia) but overall he's just consistently
great.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:30 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:

My sister set out to do the same, only to discover that marine biology post-degree is more fish farms and cultivation than it is Cousteau. That seems to be where the money/research is right now.

Sadly it's same in a lot of natural sciences fields.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:46 pm 

failsafebeowulf, it could be just me but I've been seeing a hell of a lot of those lately (they're European hornets, for those curious). Last year I had a pretty nasty infestation of them because I have a crab apple tree in front of my house, so the hornets would swarm the hell out of the fallen apples and somehow would find their way into my house. Dreadful beasts. I did manage to kill one by freezing it to death with that canned air you use to dust your keyboard.

They're incredibly loud and terrifying. Supposedly they're not really very aggressive and will only really sting if you grab it or if it gets caught in your clothes, but would probably hurt like a bastard so I take no risks.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:06 am 

Since you all seem to love wasps so much, I thought I'd share! :hyper:

I've had a few of these lovely creatures in my front yard. They're about 4cm long (just under 2 inches) for reference.

So, these little guys are spider wasps. The females hunt, paralyze and then drag around spiders of the uh, large variety (huntsmans etc) back to their nest, where they lay their eggs inside the (still alive) paralyzed spider. The baby spider wasp then eats the spider from the inside out, then flies away to pollinate flowers (seriously) until it's breeding time. I had to save my neighbour from one a while back - there was one dragging a huntsman around on her front doorstep :lol: I scooped it into a container and let it go in a more rural area. The sting spider wasps in general is apparently second only to the bullet ant on that Schmidt Sting Pain Index thing, but they're not aggressive at all unless you thoroughly piss them off.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 am 

Well you live in Australia, so that's hardly fair, is it? You guys probably have goddamn hydralisks but the rest of the world doesn't realize it because you call them bungaburries or something.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 am 

Gypaetus wrote:
Since you all seem to love wasps so much, I thought I'd share! :hyper:

I've had a few of these lovely creatures in my front yard. They're about 4cm long (just under 2 inches) for reference.

So, these little guys are spider wasps. The females hunt, paralyze and then drag around spiders of the uh, large variety (huntsmans etc) back to their nest, where they lay their eggs inside the (still alive) paralyzed spider. The baby spider wasp then eats the spider from the inside out, then flies away to pollinate flowers (seriously) until it's breeding time. I had to save my neighbour from one a while back - there was one dragging a huntsman around on her front doorstep :lol: I scooped it into a container and let it go in a more rural area. The sting spider wasps in general is apparently second only to the bullet ant on that Schmidt Sting Pain Index thing, but they're not aggressive at all unless you thoroughly piss them off.

I just felt a quiver in my soul.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:20 am 

Wasps are among the biggest assholes of the animal world

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:26 am 

Goatfangs is probably creaming his pants at all this bug talk.

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:29 am 

Marag wrote:
Wasps are among the biggest assholes of the animal world

Mosquitoes*
Wasps at least eliminate some pests and other vermin, yes while stinging some people in the process. Mosquitoes, on the other hand, are complete dicks and ONLY spread disease and parasites. They're so pointless and I hate hate hate them.

Although that isn't to say that I don't hate wasps. I hate all the flying stingy assholes.

Last edited by Ecliptik on Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:31 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
Well you live in Australia, so that's hardly fair, is it? You guys probably have goddamn hydralisks but the rest of the world doesn't realize it because you call them bungaburries or something.

Bungaburries are harmless unless you disturb them at their nesting sites. Also, don't knock the names we give things, they're perfectly reasonable and not ridiculous in the slightest. Woolloomooloo, Tittybong, Grong Grong, Blackbutt... See? Nothing retarded here at all.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:42 am 

iamntbatman about Australian wildlife wrote:
You guys probably have goddamn hydralisks but the rest of the world doesn't realize it because you call them bungaburries or something.

You sir, owe me a new set of ribs.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:50 am 

Gypaetus wrote:

Bungaburries are harmless unless you disturb them at their nesting sites. Also, don't knock the names we give things, they're perfectly reasonable and not ridiculous in the slightest. Woolloomooloo, Tittybong, Grong Grong, Blackbutt... See? Nothing retarded here at all.

I like when I go to australian-themed restaurants and get to order stuff like Bongolong with Billabong sauce accompanied by Dingatoot fries and Wabbawawa rice

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:54 am 

Kvelertak were fucking amazing! Black Tusk was quite ok too and the local opener, The Great Sabatini were a cool surprise. The crowd was amazing too. Great evening overall.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:30 am 

Huh. Got into a fight with my friend (well I didn't think it was a fight) and she called me a "fucking schizoid". Never heard that one before.
Don't think she's gonna speak to me for a while :P

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:36 am 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
failsafeman wrote:
That thing was fast as hell when it wanted to move. How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

A bit late to the party but I love that movie. And if you miss run like hell, nice job slaying the beast though.

Haha yeah, one of my favorites for sure. I've seen it like a dozen times. GIVE ME THE FUCKING KEYS YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKER WHABLABHALHLARLAHRAL

iamntbatman wrote:
failsafebeowulf, it could be just me but I've been seeing a hell of a lot of those lately (they're European hornets, for those curious). Last year I had a pretty nasty infestation of them because I have a crab apple tree in front of my house, so the hornets would swarm the hell out of the fallen apples and somehow would find their way into my house. Dreadful beasts. I did manage to kill one by freezing it to death with that canned air you use to dust your keyboard.

They're incredibly loud and terrifying. Supposedly they're not really very aggressive and will only really sting if you grab it or if it gets caught in your clothes, but would probably hurt like a bastard so I take no risks.

You know, there are a couple of crab apple trees right out front here too, not far from my window. They're not fruiting yet but it's possible there's a connection, like maybe the hornet was planning to build a nest nearby so later on they'd have easy access to them. NOT ON MY WATCH

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 am 

Well, the bassist for Uriah Heep is dead :(

Aurone should really have his title changed to Bearer of Bad News or something...

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:30 am 

I can understand why YouTube insists on showing those more or less targeted banner ads on the videos. I really do, it's a big part of their business model. But why is it always medicine for vaginal yeast infections for me? WHY!??

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:44 am 

Napero wrote:
I can understand why YouTube insists on showing those more or less targeted banner ads on the videos. I really do, it's a big part of their business model. But why is it always medicine for vaginal yeast infections for me? WHY!??

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:56 am 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
Napero wrote:

You'd probably find that in a hentai somewhere. You'd definitely find that in a pornogrind album somewhere.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:20 am 

Gypaetus wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:

Bungaburries are harmless unless you disturb them at their nesting sites.

I did a quick search that yielded nothing. Do you have any links or photos or anything?

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:03 am 

Wilytank wrote:

You'd probably find that in a hentai somewhere. You'd definitely find that in a pornogrind album somewhere.

Confirming existence of hentai.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:23 am 

iamntbatman wrote:

Are those things blue/chrome colored? When my friends and I were canoeing in the boundary waters a few summers ago we got stung by what appeared to be a blue hornet and it hurt like an absolute bitch, made my hand swell up and I felt like it doped me up even before I took some Benadryl. Another friend who lives on a farm here (Wisconsin) told me they've seen some occasionally, especially when they're brewing cider.

EDIT: Nevermind, a quick google showed it was likely a blue-tailed wasp.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128 ... 518  Next