Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:05 pm 

Subrick wrote:
This FFA has been very depressing lately. Divorce, breakups, AIDS screenings, it's like there's some other worldly force that just wants to bum everyone out here at every turn.

some music to cheer you up :)

http://www.youtube.com/v/At9Yi2MBG5U

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:11 pm 

Here's another one, since everyone is so depressed around here.

About two or three years ago, I was called to one of the more storied apartment buildings in the area. It was originally called the Penn Alto Hotel, but it has become a notorious cesspool of undesirables in the last few years (WilyTank or Zelkiiro can probably attest to the nasty reputation this place has gotten). Anyways, I was called to one of the apartments for a male who was refusing to leave the apartment. Once we get up to the apartment and talk to the caller, I find out that it’s not someone refusing to leave, it’s a possible drug overdose. Dispatchers have a tendency to mix up information, so at least we got to the right place. The caller says that she came home to find a friend of hers passed out on the couch. We go inside, and sure as shit, there’s some dude passed out on the couch. After some work, we wake the guy up (sternum rub, shouting, that kind of thing). Of course, what good cop story is complete without someone being naked. The guy has nothing on, at all: not even socks. It doesn’t take long to realize that he was on something, and the best guess was bath salts / blizzard.

Talking with him gets nowhere, so we decide he needs to get checked out at the hospital, because there’s no way he can function the way he is. So all of the apartments at this place are either one or two rooms and this happened to be a two room place. I ask him where his clothes are and he shows me to the other room. In the other room there is no furniture whatsoever, just a pile of clothes everywhere. At this point the guys from the ambulance show up to take him to the hospital. He starts digging for clothes, franticly. After about three minutes of digging through the clothes, all the while shouting that he can’t find anything, one of the other officers comes in and starts shouting, “We have to hurry up, we have to hurry, find something, find something”. Everyone else could tell he was just being goofy, but, man, did that guy start digging faster. Anyways, same guy who started shouting that found a small t-shirt and threw it to him, which he put on. Then he throws him a pair of obviously used woman’s underwear. Not subtly used, but very OBVIOUSLY USED, and probably used for several days without bathing. He puts them on and he gets onto the litter to go the hospital.

Of course, the ambulance guys cover him up with a blanket all for when he got taken into the ER. After about five minutes in the ER he had all of the blankets kicked off and was pretty much flailing on the bed. All of the nurses got a chuckle because, you know, the guy is flailing around in girl’s underwear. He calmed down a bit after he got some vitamin H, though.

Not as bloody or shocking as the last one, but still hillarious...

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:51 pm 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:
Getting divorced, not funny at all.

Fok. G'luck bro. Hopefully it isn't awful. ErosionofHumanity and you should grab a beer.

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
I'm down for that. I hope it goes alright for you though. I don't know how it is else where but it seems like here in 'Murica the dude always gets the shaft from court system (at least that's how the divorces I've seen have gone) so just keep your head up and hopefully it'll all be over soon. Ohh and don't go all Tim Lambesis cause that shit never ends well. :oh shit:

I'm doing fine, thanx. To be honest, looks like there's some hope for us and we're talking about it. Nothing weird happened, there's no 3rd person involved, it's only years of every-day stuff that hurted a bit too much to both in the long time. The last shit that happened was she broke my Les Paul guitar's neck while we were arguing. I haven't able to recover from that one.

Our legal system is way pro-woman and my wife is a lawyer, so it's a lose-lose situation for me.

2 co-workers are getting divorced too.

Veracs wrote:
I'm giving bm-era Enslaved a shot. What is the most refined piece of their early material, I don't recall Frost being too bad just kind of ho-hum

Blodhemn is relentless, epic and full of tasty riffs. Grutle's grims sound vicious and some songs are among the best Enslaved has ever made, like Eit Auga Til Mimir.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:06 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
Nothing weird happened, there's no 3rd person involved, it's only years of every-day stuff that hurted a bit too much to both in the long time.

That's exactly whats going on with my situation. Only for us I don't see there being any working things out, good luck to you though if that's what you guys plan on doing.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:09 pm 

Veracs wrote:
I'm giving bm-era Enslaved a shot. What is the most refined piece of their early material, I don't recall Frost being too bad just kind of ho-hum

I was gonna say Frost. That's my favorite disc by them along with Hordanes Land.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:24 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
As for the nut talk, I think it's sort of silly to hold up one solitary nut as the Master Nut. They all have their proper uses and they're all great in their own ways.

Let's agree that everybody can have two favourite nuts, and can use them for whatever, OK? Any more than two, and it turns kinda gay, though.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 pm 

Napero wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:
As for the nut talk, I think it's sort of silly to hold up one solitary nut as the Master Nut. They all have their proper uses and they're all great in their own ways.

Let's agree that everybody can have two favourite nuts, and can use them for whatever, OK? Any more than two, and it turns kinda gay, though.

I hear that it's not gay as long as the nuts dont touch each other

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 2:46 pm 

How U.S. Government disinformation works, and why it works, by Paul Craig Roberts
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:08 pm 

Napero wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:

Though that might work for the average man in Finland (a country with few nuts to go around), you as an educated person know full well that there are those whose hunger and love for nuts can never be satisfied with only two; whose homelands are overflowing with nuts and indeed have a surplus of them, enough to fill every mouth. Those who desire all the nuts the world has to offer. Those who will never cease to rage if even one nut is locked up or pinned down; those who believe that all nuts can never be free if even one remains enslaved. And in their cause I say to you: THIS TYRANNY WILL NOT STAND.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:12 pm 

Isn't everyone a fruit and nut case?

http://www.youtube.com/v/lpg-b3cCHLg

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:07 pm 

Quote:
Blodhemn is relentless, epic and full of tasty riffs. Grutle's grims sound vicious and some songs are among the best Enslaved has ever made, like Eit Auga Til Mimir.

Eit Auga Til Mimir and I Lenkir Til Ragnarok are among my favourite Enslaved tracks. Blodhemn and Hordanes Land are my favourite records Enslaved did as a black-metal band, although I also really enjoy Eld, depending on my mood.

Quote:

Sounds like either a Zelda quest-item, or the formal designation of the leader within a crazed cult.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:10 pm 

I have a backpatch of Blodhemn on my kutte, very underrated album that the band doesn't even like :( Below the Lights is still my favorite album though, my copy is signed by the whole band!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I have a backpatch of Blodhemn on my kutte, very underrated album that the band doesn't even like :( Below the Lights is still my favorite album though, my copy is signed by the whole band!

What the fuck? Seriously?

Blodhemn kicks ass, probably my favourite Enslaved album honestly.

last.fm

TheLiberation
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:34 pm 

Marag wrote:
Napero wrote:

I hear that it's not gay as long as the nuts dont touch each other

What the fuck :lol: :lol:

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:45 pm 

I'ma invent a term here: "Next Album Suspended Animation". It refers to the state one enters when they dislike an album by a band and so spends the interval of time till the next one hoping it will be better, rather than listening to the new material.

...Why do I have that going on for so many artists now? *single tear*
Hehe, foreskins.

Last edited by Crick on Sat May 25, 2013 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:35 pm 

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: 80 minutes of Gris!!!!!!!!! I made a thread, I was gonna delete this post but whatever :( viewtopic.php?f=1&p=2265484#p2265484
SP034 : Gris « À l’âme enflammée, l’äme constellée… » DCD

5 years and a half after the unforgettable Il Était Une Forêt, and after the Miserere Luminis project, Icare and Neptune resume their trip with their third album, once again a masterpiece. Featuring two symmetric parts for a total of 80 minutes, À l’âme enflammée, l’äme constellée… sees the band integrate more of the classical and acoustic parts displayed by the last track of their second album to its melancholic Black Metal. A painfully beautiful album.

SP035 : Sombres Forêts « La Mort du Soleil » CD

Sombres Forêts is back with its third album, who sees the band take on a more atmospheric and introspective approach. By incorporating some Miserere Luminis ADN into his solo project, Annatar offers an album that is rich in atmosphere and textures, where dissonant and droning guitars go side-to-side with the acoustic parts and tortured vocals that have become the group’s trademarks over the years. A journey to dark and stormy lands!

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:38 pm 

80 minutes of Gris? Allow myself to sever my eardrums with a rusty tuna can lid. :P

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:40 pm 

I allow it, go ahead. Jonas Renske is watching you suffer and he'll write a song about it.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:43 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
I allow it, go ahead. Jonas Renske is watching you suffer and he'll write a song about it.

After Dead End Kings, by far their worst outing ever, they should just call it quits. What a fucking boring album. Which reminds me, why is it inspiring so many highly positive reviews? It deserves to be knocked down several notches...

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:56 pm 

Metal_Detector wrote:
Metantoine wrote:

After Dead End Kings, by far their worst outing ever, they should just call it quits. What a fucking boring album. Which reminds me, why is it inspiring so many highly positive reviews? It deserves to be knocked down several notches...

Hell no, though go for it if you feel so strongly about it.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:09 pm 

I'm with Ozzy. Dead End Kings is very enjoyable, if also quite draining to listen to.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:47 pm 

I see I'm on the losing side here, haha. It was just such a disappointment for me after Night Is the New Day, my favorite by them and one of my all time favorite albums. I suppose I've always had unpopular views of the band, come to think of it. :wink:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:02 pm 

Dead End Kings is a amazing album. It's pretty much the album that The Great Cold Distance could have been.... Now that's a disappointing album if I ever heard one.

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:53 pm 

On Thursday, my dad gave me his guitar that his wife bought him but didn't know how to play it. At first I thought it was an acoustic guitar, but yesterday, after comparing young JB's guitar to mine and looking up acoustic guitars on google, I found out it was a classical guitar, not an acoustic :( . So now I have a question for the people on here who can play guitar and knows more about guitars than I do: will I be able to play genres like Metal, Rock, and Punk on classical guitar, or do I have to buy an acoustic guitar?

By the way, for those that worry, I am not planning on doing any of the song covers that they do on YouTube.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:12 pm 

Isn't a classical guitar literally exactly the same as an acoustic guitar? :???: ????*

I get the feeling you're mixing up terms w/acoustic and electric. Cos you can't really play metal that well on an acoustic either. I get the feeling that most people might know more about guitar than you do :lol:

*Well not exactly the same but y'know, hollow body, to be played unplugged etc. I know nylon/steel string differences etc.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:20 pm 

caspian wrote:
Isn't a classical guitar literally exactly the same as an acoustic guitar? :???: ????*

I get the feeling you're mixing up terms w/acoustic and electric. Cos you can't really play metal that well on an acoustic either. I get the feeling that most people might know more about guitar than you do :lol:

*Well not exactly the same but y'know, hollow body, to be played unplugged etc. I know nylon/steel string differences etc.

Of course most people know more about guitar than I do. But as long as I can play rock and/or punk on my guitar, I'm good.

And I thought they were different by sound, because I attempted to play my guitar while following along in those Guitar lessons on YouTube.

Or maybe because I didn't tune it right :scratch: (or I just suck and need to practice more).

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 pm 

What...the.... ...fffffffwhy don't you just take a picture of the guitar and post it, that way people might actually be able to understand what you're talking about.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:33 pm 

A classical guitar isn't the same as an acoustic. They're built differently and classical uses nylon string.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:34 pm 

Let's all bask in the glory of Glenn Hughes, shall we?

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:36 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
What...the.... ...fffffffwhy don't you just take a picture of the guitar and post it, that way people might actually be able to understand what you're talking about.

What is there not to understand? A classical is a classical, and no you won't be able to play metal, at least not with ease and it won't sound like you want it.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:37 pm 

@Under_Starmere Oh yeah.

Here it is:
I'm currently at my dad's house, not at mine.

Last edited by Metalfuckingrules on Sat May 25, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:43 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
@Under_Starmere Oh yeah.

Here it is:
I'm currently at my dad's house, not at mine.

...Did you just link to an image within your email inbox? :durr:

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:44 pm 

Oh crap I didn't noticed, I'll fix it.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:53 pm 

The most you can really do for a "metaller" sound is change the strings to steel instead of nylon. Beyond that, unless it's got some sort of cable input, it'll just be coffeehouse minstreling for you, Metalfuckingrules.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:56 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
The most you can really do for a "metaller" sound is change the strings to steel instead of nylon. Beyond that, unless it's got some sort of cable input, it'll just be coffeehouse minstreling for you, Metalfuckingrules.

Alright. I won't have to buy an acoustic guitar after all.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:56 pm 

I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that you can't play metal on a classical guitar :ugh: Eh? I guess you could play some Opeth!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:58 pm 

Metalfuckingrules wrote:
I won't have to buy an acoustic guitar after all.

...Mind you I'm nowhere near a guitar gear nerd...but isn't that what you already have? :ugh: I'm confused and I'm not sure which of us is being the idiot right now, but another part of me feels like I should know.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:01 pm 

They're both acoustic guitars, but their compositions and playing styles are different. The classical guitar is like the original guitar.

God, I'm not even a guitarist! One of my best friends is a very skilled classical guitarist.

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:06 pm 

Yes, a classical guitar is still an acoustic guitar, and don't put steel strings on it or you can damage it. The neck might not be reinforced enough to withstand the extra tension.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:28 pm 

What korgull said. Listen to korgull.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133 ... 518  Next