Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:51 am 

Subrick wrote:
Have IP bans been done on this site before? If not, he may be the best test subject possible.

IP bans are not all that useful, dynamic IPs are common nowadays.

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:52 am 

I will not feed the trolls

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:56 am 

I will not feed the trolls

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:09 am 

MetalCuresHeadaches wrote:
I applaud you. I haven't seen such dedication to judgement since the days of Witcher.

Considering how many unacceptable deathcore bands Witcher let in and how many acceptable NWOBHM bands he excluded, that's somewhat of a backhanded compliment... :???:

In other news:
Quote:
Metantoine XVI

wat is this i don't even

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:15 am 

But what really matters is that I keep getting ten consecutive homeruns against Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh baseball and then get like 5 strikers/fouls out of nowhere and never get my streak going again fuck this game.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:17 am 

I'm just going to imagine that you've been playing Winnie the Pooh Home Run Derby nonstop since you last posted here. Don't tell me if I'm right or not, I want to savor this.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 am 

You guys are still playing that game? I got stuck on Tigger, got pissed off and stopped.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:51 am 

I gave up after waking up the morning after, realizing that the strain that game put on me made me want to kill myself and that I needed a better reason for suicide than "frustrating Winnie the Pooh game".

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:14 am 

I just beat Owl about 20 minutes ago. It took me 2 days and an absolutely obscene number of tries, but I finally got it by the skin of my teeth.

Then I reached Tigger. I don't want to continue this, but at this point I have to.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 am 

I really need to use better judgement when deciding to log on in the middle of the night, this place just gets fucking weird in the wee hours of the morning, and then I wake up to reading threads about burning pubes and light spectrum analysis.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:40 am 

That game will teach you one of two things - self control to not pursue it further or perseverance to soldier on.
I play it from time to time and I'm stuck at the Owl :annoyed:

Also, I echo Erosion's thoughts. I don't sign in for about 14-15 hours and the FFA has advanced by 2 pages rife with troll posts and hilarity.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:28 am 

That baseball game has 0 strategy. It is just about hitting the ball with as close to the end of the bat as you can, and adapting to the wonky pitch patterns. I got bored at whoever was after the kangaroo.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:40 am 

If it was as easy as you make it sound you'd have finished the game.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:54 am 

Well now I have to, thanks to you. Here goes..
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:30 am 

After the holocaust that was War of the Roses I'm ridiculously surprised at how good the new Ulver is. I don't have many things to compare it too but as far as modern, vaguely-soundtrack-sounding classical music goes this is some truly excellent shit. Probably do a review when I can come up with things to compare to it. Yeah, really high quality stuff.

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 am 

I'm pretty sure Stone Temple Pilots is the shittiest band of all time. I was listening to some radio station here in DC and they had like a countdown of "best STP songs" and literally every single fucking song is just littered with awful lyrics, terrible vocals, and completely forgettable riffs and melodies and ugh. Even the production is awful. Who the fuck thinks this band is good, let alone legendary? I just think of wife beaters and fucking Newports. Terrible.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:14 am 

Subrick wrote:
I just beat Owl about 20 minutes ago. It took me 2 days and an absolutely obscene number of tries, but I finally got it by the skin of my teeth.

Then I reached Tigger. I don't want to continue this, but at this point I have to.

Tigger is Satan himself. And Christopher Robin...he is the unholy chaos who birthed it...

Alternatively:

Last edited by Zelkiiro on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:18 am 

MutantClannfear wrote:
In other news:
Quote:
Metantoine XVI

wat is this i don't even

Well, I woke up to that! can't say I dislike it!

http://farscape.wikia.com/wiki/Rygel_XVI

edit: fixed!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 am 

:lol: And I was certain you did it yourself. Cause that'll show those trolls!
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:50 am 

Nope, only gods can do it. The culprit was Derigin!

I'm eating a braised pork kaiser sandwich with Oka cheese. The day starts heavenly!

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I'm pretty sure Stone Temple Pilots is the shittiest band of all time. I was listening to some radio station here in DC and they had like a countdown of "best STP songs" and literally every single fucking song is just littered with awful lyrics, terrible vocals, and completely forgettable riffs and melodies and ugh. Even the production is awful. Who the fuck thinks this band is good, let alone legendary? I just think of wife beaters and fucking Newports. Terrible.

There was enough for a count-down? They only two songs I've ever heard anyone care about from STP were "Plush" and "Interstate Love Song".

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:11 pm 

Oddly enough I was thinking of STP today as my bassist's girlfriend likes them and for a while there she had to be the one driving us around, so I got to listen to them a while back for the first time in years. Seems they are a really lumbering, predictable sort of band. It's frustrating because they clearly have ability but every song goes exactly where you expect and repeats the same number of verse/choruses without fail. I think they perhaps got a bit more adventurous by their third album, which seemed to drop most of the hard rock leanings....a good thing as that was never something they were particularly good at.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

PeachPit
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 pm 

Just realized after waaayyy toooo looong that you can upgrade Winnie in this god forsaken baseball game to be a better batter, by hitting "status" in the bottom right hand corner between games.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:40 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:

:lol:

On that day MA-kind received a grim reminder: we lived in fear of Tigger and were disgraced to post in these threads we called FFA's.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 pm 

Has anybody actually beaten the game yet?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:07 pm 

Glad to see some STP hate going on, always thought that band sucked.

On a similar note, Tool sucks. Never found any redeeming qualities in that band even though everyone in the fucking world seems to love them to no end.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 pm 

Tool is pretty damn good. I love the ritualistic drumming style and free flowing song structures. They are a highly circumstantial band however, and I only listen to them in the summer time, and only on very hot days.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:29 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
(...) Tool sucks. Never found any redeeming qualities in that band even though everyone in the fucking world seems to love them to no end.

I don't really have anything against their music (though I'm not terribly fond of it, either). However, Maynard James Keenan couldn't write an interesting vocal line even if his life depended on it. Really, really fucking boring singer.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:40 pm 

Yeah, Tool is a band that I thought was kind of profound and interesting when I was fifteen, but that same girl put on Aenima in the car a while back and I felt like I was rolling my eyes an awful lot. Maynard always sounds like he's gritting his teeth (and clenching his butt) and that's pretty much the extent of his emotional expression. Also, you know that part in "Wheels of Confusion", after each verse, where the band (especially Bill Ward) seems to be imitating the sound/motion of an endlessly turning wheel? It's like Tool heard that bit and decided to base an entire career off of it.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:06 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Also, you know that part in "Wheels of Confusion", after each verse, where the band (especially Bill Ward) seems to be imitating the sound/motion of an endlessly turning wheel? It's like Tool heard that bit and decided to base an entire career off of it.

:scratch:

Atropus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:16 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Glad to see some STP hate going on, always thought that band sucked.

On a similar note, Tool sucks. Never found any redeeming qualities in that band even though everyone in the fucking world seems to love them to no end.

Thank you!!

I'm not the only one who finds them to be the most overrated band on the planet!!

The only thing I ever found interesting about them was their claymation music videos, but take away their visuals, and their music is just bland alternative rock.

I still respect Danny Carey however, more due to his collaborations with Skinny Puppy and Lustmord.

Apparently an ex-bandmate of mine is now doing a record with Danny Carey and cevin Key :/

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:20 pm 

George Zimmerman is in jail once again for a gun related incident.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... ent/69206/

Fucking stupid to let this clown carry a gun.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:25 pm 

Earthcubed wrote:
Abominatrix wrote:
Also, you know that part in "Wheels of Confusion", after each verse, where the band (especially Bill Ward) seems to be imitating the sound/motion of an endlessly turning wheel? It's like Tool heard that bit and decided to base an entire career off of it.

:scratch:

Accenting triplets in a 4/4 bar.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:40 pm 

STP are kind if hit-or-miss but I do enjoy some of their songs a fair bit and a few albums have more quality than filler. Also, Tool rule. Different strokes, and all.

I just saw the most fantastic haircut in human history. I've already tried describing it once, but I utterly failed to convey its grandeur, so here's my second attempt:

This was a black guy was probably in his upper 30's to mid-40's. He was mostly bald, but had that sort of ring of hair left that goes around the bottom of the hairline from the ears across the back and back around to the other ear. Then, like many unfortunate bald dudes in their 40's, he had some hair on one of the sides that he let grow out so that it would be long enough to achieve a full cross-head combover, but this was just wispy bits of hair that provided at best maybe 30% scalp coverage with the combover in place. All of this remaining hair was dyed this sort of orange-ish color.

But it didn't stop there. Everywhere on this guy's scalp where a fully intact youthful hairline would be that *wasn't* covered by those bits of hair was filled in with hand-drawn, black lines of Sharpie, right on his scalp. I'm talking not only between all of the little wisps going across the top of his head, but a full on hairline on the front, all drawn in with black magic marker (keep in mind the guy's actual hair was orange). At the front, you know how guys with close-cropped hair have those sort of little angles at the temples? his were like, these ridiculous acute angles coming in toward the center of his face that stretched a third of the way across his forehead. There was seriously maybe two inches between the points, tops. In black Sharpie. THEN. His ENTIRE FUCKING HEAD, including the parts that were only drawn-on marker and not actual hair, was drenched in a quarter-inch thick layer of goopy, greasy hair gel. You could see light refract through this shit on the top of his head where there was just gel on marker on bare scalp.

Glorious. Also, his name was Ernest.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 pm 

It sounds like he passed out around some frat boys or something.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:08 pm 

So, Grand Rapids has this bar called The Pyramid Scheme, right? They've only been open for about three years or so. It's a cool place, and they occasionally host some concerts; I've seen Corrosion of Conformity, Hour of 13, Baroness, Skeletonwitch, Havok, and some others there.

Well, from October 9th through November 3rd, they are hosting shows featuring:

Saint Vitus
Obituary
Church of Misery
Orange Goblin
Holy Grail
The Gates of Slumber
Pallbearer

Danzig is doing a show in GR at a different venue between that time frame too. Man, back in the day, having Cannibal Corpse roll around was a rare occurrence, but this? This.....this is glorious.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 pm 

Why do people like Pallbearer? Why?

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 pm 

They're the Ahab of traditional doom.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:25 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Oka cheese.

:drool:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Bushist Obama
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:34 pm 

Don't mind me, I'm just a stupid troll

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262 ... 518  Next