* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:47 pm 

Menternor wrote:
LanceCriminal wrote:
I remember one night on a really really distant post that took like a 4 hour drive to get to, we were up way late just having deep talks about the nature of the universe and all of a sudden for like 20 minutes there was a fucking freaky almost warbling, droning noise which produced just a total feeling of apprehension...that seemed to be right on top of us yet at the same time come from far away...basically like it came from fucking nowhere. I've heard stuff about isolated areas of the globe that have some kind of vibration that you can feel/hear. Either way it was weird.

It seems like you experienced "the bloop". Named like that, because when it is sped up 16 times, it sounds similar to something getting dropped in some thick liquid or you know...bloop*

Spoiler: show

But, listen to that shit without being sped up and you get this.

Spoiler: show

Does that sound similar to what you heard? I searched google a bit and apparently, last year it was discovered that the sound was produced by "icequakes", whatever they are. It sounds fascinating, so I will give it a read some time later. :)

That sounds similiar but unless I missed something when I read about it, it says that it's an underwater sound...how would I have heard it deep in the desert?

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:22 pm 

Oops, I guess I should have read the original post instead of just the quoted one which only contained your description of the sound. Sorry about that.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:54 am 

@LanceCriminal

Ever heard of singing sand? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singing_sand

LanceCriminal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:00 am 

Menternor wrote:
Oops, I guess I should have read the original post instead of just the quoted one which only contained your description of the sound. Sorry about that.

No worries bro, it was pretty cool to read about!

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 pm 

Okay, campfire stories... True story! About ten years ago, there were assorted body parts surfacing in a swamp outside my hometown. Some friends and I decide to go camping that weekend. We get to the park to find that it's closed as part of the multiple murder investigations.

We've got all our gear and don't want to cancel the trip, so we pitch tents in a clearing just down the road, barely outside of the crime zone. That night a storm blows in, and trees get knocked down. One rips through my tent and hits the ground inches from my head. Meanwhile my friend has this big-ass knife, and he's out there trying to cut the branches out of the tent! Before I really wake up enough to recognise him, I just see a guy hovering over my ripped tent holding this knife... I figured I was about to be murdered. Best camping trip ever!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2