Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:41 am 

Germany: Migrants' Rape Epidemic
by Soeren Kern
September 18, 2015 at 5:00 am

Although the rape took place in June, police kept silent about it for nearly three months, until local media published a story about the crime. According to an editorial comment in the newspaper Westfalen-Blatt, police are refusing to go public about crimes involving refugees and migrants because they do not want to give legitimacy to critics of mass migration.

source: http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/6527/ ... pe-germany

and now:

Germany In Shock After "Monstrous" Attacks, Rape By 1,000 Men "Of Arab Or North African Origin"
by Tyler Durden
01/05/2016

source: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-0 ... can-origin

Germany: One Invader Rape Every Three Days

Nonwhite invaders raped German women once every three days in the month of August 2015, a substantial increase on the previous months, a survey of the attacks reported in the controlled media has found.

source: http://newobserveronline.com/germany-on ... hree-days/

Germany shocked by Cologne New Year gang assaults on women - BBC News
5 January 2016

"The mayor of Cologne has summoned police for crisis talks after about 80 women reported sexual assaults and muggings by men on New Year's Eve.
The scale of the attacks on women at the city's central railway station has shocked Germany. About 1,000 drunk and aggressive young men were involved.

The pretty Christmas market and medieval setting may look idyllic, but at Christmas and New Year the area around Cologne Cathedral is a notorious danger zone when it comes to pickpockets and theft.

Now the sexual harassment, and in one case rape, of dozens of women has shocked Germany.
What is particularly disturbing is that the attacks appear to have been organised. Around 1,000 young men arrived in large groups, seemingly with the specific intention of carrying out attacks on women."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

suffice to acknowledge that He was right?

Last edited by Gorz on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:11 am 

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Metantoine on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User was warned for this shitty post.

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:35 am 

What a dickhead of a thread. The pendulum may have swung a bit far in the direction of undiscerning tolerance, but that doesn't mean multiculturalism is a categorically bad thing.

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:08 pm 

CardsOfWar wrote:
What a dickhead of a thread. The pendulum may have swung a bit far in the direction of undiscerning tolerance, but that doesn't mean multiculturalism is a categorically bad thing.

and what a pc open-minded you are. why go for multiculturalism in the first place? what's the goal behind it you think?

New Sweden: Rapes increase 11 percent in a single year
(Graph shows correlation between rapes and immigration in Sweden. Grey pillars: immigrants. Red line: reported rapes (now 6,700))

Europe’s Rape Epidemic: Western Women Will Be Sacrificed At The Altar Of Mass Migration
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/10 ... migration/

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 pm 

Gorz wrote:
suffice to acknowledge that He was right?

Yep, our Lord and Savior Adolf Hitler (PBUH) sure had the right idea all along!

Can't wait to see what other intellectually vigorous content this national treasure of a thread will spawn.

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:18 pm 

Yeah I know mass media has done it's job so far but the tide is turning bro

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:21 pm 

Not at all.

So far in this thread we have a link to a story written by Brad Pitt's character in Fight Club and a racist meme. Really makes you, think.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:21 pm 

OP, you do realize one of your sources was written by a Mr. Tyler Durden, right?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:28 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
Extremely shitty, untrue meme

What a crock of utter shit. Yes, please post more shitty ass pictures, that shows how intelligent your grasp of the situation is.

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:30 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
OP, you do realize one of your sources was written by a Mr. Tyler Durden, right?

so what?
Tyler Durden, the alias of several bloggers...
source: wiki

truth is truth by whomever it has been written.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:38 pm 

Forensic analysts have studied the poster's writing habits and hypothesized that it is not in fact mindshadow, but perhaps a copycat writer who developed his views in high school libertarian facebook groups rather than British tabloids.

Last edited by Smoking_Gnu on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:40 pm 

Quote:
Germany: Migrants' Rape Epidemic

Germany In Shock After "Monstrous" Attacks, Rape By 1,000 Men "Of Arab Or North African Origin"

Germany: One Invader Rape Every Three Days

Wait ... what?

Seriously, there is so much misinformation regarding the Cologne incident that even in Germany it is unclear what happened and to what extent things have happened. The topic of this thread is so ridiculous.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

CardsOfWar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:41 pm 

I'm really salty that I missed the golden age of mindshadow.

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:45 pm 

Gorz wrote:
(Graph shows correlation between rapes and immigration in Sweden. Grey pillars: immigrants. Red line: reported rapes (now 6,700))

Europe’s Rape Epidemic: Western Women Will Be Sacrificed At The Altar Of Mass Migration

Gah, I hate to jump in on an obvious troll thread like this, but I feel this is worth pointing out for those who do not know. The reason for the increase in the rape statistics is due to the Swedish police changing they way they counted and defined rape as well as being more active against the crime. For example, some one who was raped multiple times by a single person was previously counted as one rape case, but around 2005 or so, they made each rape count as a separate case.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_in_Sweden

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:48 pm 

look, I'm not the source of this news. please grow up and don't be a dumbass by pretending to be intellectual and tolerant.
I've cited what has been posted on different news sources so far.

"The mayor of Cologne has summoned police for crisis talks after about 80 women reported sexual assaults and muggings by men on New Year's Eve.
The scale of the attacks on women at the city's central railway station has shocked Germany. About 1,000 drunk and aggressive young men were involved.

The pretty Christmas market and medieval setting may look idyllic, but at Christmas and New Year the area around Cologne Cathedral is a notorious danger zone when it comes to pickpockets and theft.

Now the sexual harassment, and in one case rape, of dozens of women has shocked Germany.
What is particularly disturbing is that the attacks appear to have been organised. Around 1,000 young men arrived in large groups, seemingly with the specific intention of carrying out attacks on women.
"

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35231046

Last edited by Gorz on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:49 pm 

I am of the opinion that multiculturalism per definition never work smoothly. People from different cultures have different values and while most may get along on a personal level it is always a difference in values that creates tensions in one way or another. The more the values differ the worse the tensions will get generally. Now some cultures may be very different but can work together. From my observations I would think the Japanese and the Swedish culture would work well together for example. Others will not.

One way to get around the problems is through sheer force. A police state can hold a diverse country together. Yugoslavia was united for as long as the state was strong. With the countries freedom from the extreme left the ethnic problems also reared its ugly head. A horrible war ensued and the country was eventually split ethnically.

Another is to make a country ethnically homogeneous. This way everyone will have a similar outlook on life naturally because they are raised within the same nation with a certain set of values.

When some say multiculturalism they interchange that term with a country as a melting pot. These are however opposed to each other. In a melting pot everything that is unique is taken away and is blended with everything else until the mass becomes something new. This approach means that all the cultures that exist within the country will eventually be erased and blended and a new whole will rise up. Therefore all old cultural values are swept away (majority and minority) in favour of something entirely new - and what that is you can't quite predict unless the leadership is very strong and authoritative. And even then it is usually like putting a lid on a pot of boiling soup - eventually it will push the lid away.

I don't necessarily think that societies with people of different colour of skin for example cannot work well. It all depends on the set of values the people have. And while people from different parts of the world are different biologically (you can see it clearly if you study medicine) I don't think values are biological. However if you have large parts of groups within a society that have values that clash with each other I am certain it won't work out well in the long run.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:55 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Gorz wrote:

Gah, I hate to jump in on an obvious troll thread like this, but I feel this is worth pointing out for those who do not know. The reason for the increase in the rape statistics is due to the Swedish police changing they way they counted and defined rape as well as being more active against the crime. For example, some one who was raped multiple times by a single person was previously counted as one rape case, but around 2005 or so, they made each rape count as a separate case.

This is true but to what extent it is this that has lead to the increase or not we do not know. I think it is a little of both. Even after the changed law rape has increased based on the new law.

What we do know is that some minorities are overrepresented in relation to their numbers in Sweden in these cases. We also know that gang rape almost always are committed by some ethnical minorities, most often by African descent I believe, and they are in general committed against Swedish women.

So I'd say you're both right.
I've also been called a satanist, communist, right wing, nazi-apologist, conservative dipshit, muslim (lover), PC, feminist, neoliberal, boot licker, verbal masturbator and an eternal low-key fascist enabler! Please add your projection too.
Ad hominem

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:58 pm 

InnesI wrote:
I am of the opinion that multiculturalism per definition never work smoothly. People from different cultures have different values and while most may get along on a personal level it is always a difference in values that creates tensions in one way or another. The more the values differ the worse the tensions will get generally. Now some cultures may be very different but can work together. From my observations I would think the Japanese and the Swedish culture would work well together for example. Others will not.

Different levels of literacy, intelligence, cultural openness, language barriers, financial opportunities ... there are so many barriers, especially in touch economical times as these, that cultural integration is extremely difficult for someone from a different region. What is currently happening in Germany and this influx of people from troubled regions around Europe and Asia is something that will take its toll on Germany and I doubt that the outcome can be predicted at the current state. Some integration might take place, but it can be doubted that it will happen on a large scale.

InnesI wrote:
One way to get around the problems is through sheer force. A police state can hold a diverse country together. Yugoslavia was united for as long as the state was strong. With the countries freedom from the extreme left the ethnic problems also reared its ugly head. A horrible war ensued and the country was eventually split ethnically.

This takes its toll, though. While it may be stable, it generally falls in a state on which the ruling party will cling to the power and prevent any change or development from happening. You can see it to some degree also in China or in other rather authoritarian countries.

InnesI wrote:
I don't necessarily think that societies with people of different colour of skin for example cannot work well. It all depends on the set of values the people have. And while people from different parts of the world are different biologically (you can see it clearly if you study medicine) I don't think values are biological. However if you have large parts of groups within a society that have values that clash with each other I am certain it won't work out well in the long run.

Maybe in a different economical system. Something where systemic pressure is not as prevalent as it is in the current one. When people do not have to fight over the crumbs of food in order to get on with their families, there may be no incentive for several extreme actions and visions. But considering how religion takes it toll day in and day out, I have my doubts that we will be able to overcome major obstacles.

My podcast:

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:00 pm 

InnesI wrote:
What we do know is that some minorities are overrepresented in relation to their numbers in Sweden in these cases. We also know that gang rape almost always are committed by some ethnical minorities, most often by African descent I believe, and they are in general committed against Swedish women.

Three claims, zero sources. Ace work. :beer:

Obligatory Last FM Link

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:17 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:
Extremely shitty, untrue meme

What a crock of utter shit. Yes, please post more shitty ass pictures, that shows how intelligent your grasp of the situation is.

Here's one who didn't get it.

Now, in a more serious note, I think this stuff is bound to happen when immigrants from a lesser economy/education/culture jump massively into a more developed one; the more the difference between both countries is,the more trouble it will cause.

I can tell you that even here it happens; we've been flooded with Peruvians, Bolivians and Colombians trying a get a better living but this has brought some ugly ass things like rise on prostitution, drug dealers and robbery. In 2015 Chile has expelled the double of immigrants compared to 2014 for such reasons, all people coming from Perú, Bolivia and Colombia.

(in spanish)

Colombia recognizes the problem

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/mundo/ ... tina.shtml

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:28 pm 

Dudemanguy wrote:
Gorz wrote:

Well said, took the words out of my mouth. That Breitbart article has been making the rounds among neo-Nazi and far-right types for a while and every time its supporters seem unable to comprehend the result of policy change. It's also amusing to see neo-Nazis and far-right supporters acting outraged by rape. More often than not they're more concerned about who is doing the raping rather than the social reality of rape itself. When it's the case of these crimes being committed by White men they're more than happy to blame White women for their own assault, yet once it's a non-White person they suddenly become concerned and rail on about the so-called inherent monstrosities of other races. Same story every time.

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:36 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
InnesI wrote:

Three claims, zero sources. Ace work. :beer:

In Sweden it is illegal to do research pointing to peoples ethnic background but I know studies have been done on who has been sentenced for specific crimes. I can't seem to find the article right now but I'll keep looking). In Norway this isn't the case and their police put forth this document:

https://www.politi.no/vedlegg/lokale_ve ... g_1309.pdf (rape in particular)

and

http://www.ssb.no/a/publikasjoner/pdf/r ... 201121.pdf (crime in general)

Denmark put forth something with similar numbers around the same time but I can't find the source document at this time.

As for the situation in Sweden we have this report:

http://www.bra.se/download/18.cba82f713 ... landet.pdf (crime in general)

But we must remember that it is not all ethnic minorities that figure in these numbers. They are generally from specific cultural areas. And most often they are overrepresented in relation to their numbers not compared to Swedish people. Although, as the Norwegian report shows sometimes they vastly outnumber Norwegians in attack rapes.
Ad hominem

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:02 pm 

Anyone care to elaborate on this please ?

Last edited by Gorz on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:07 pm 

David Duke, now there's a legitimate source! Maybe you should just start linking us directly to the Stormfront forums in order to get your "message" across :lol:

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:11 pm 

Something something Zionist hoax something something.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:15 pm 

I was going to say something about legitimate discussions being poisoned by far right xenophobes, but that David Duke link did it all for me.

oneyoudontknow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:16 pm 

Additional view on the matter:
https://www.taz.de/Opferschuetzerin-ueb ... /!5266798/
Quote:
Die Taten waren organisiert?
Diese Zahl, 1.000 Beteiligte, bedeutet, dass Täter auch aus anderen Orten gekommen sein müssen. So viele treffen sich sonst nicht am Bahnhof. Daher glaube ich, dass das organisiert war: Wir machen da mal Remmidemmi, um Frauen anzugehen.

Wer sind diese „Banden“?
Nordafrikaner, überwiegend Algerier, die schon lange in Deutschland leben. Jedenfalls sind es keine Flüchtlinge, wie es jetzt heißt, um Gottes willen.

Something organized beforehand. No migrants that have come to Germany recently. Those who did it are known to the police.

My podcast:

Dudemanguy
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:16 pm 

OP, I'm not really sure what your point here is. Certainly, there are plenty of valid arguments against mass immigration, but you've constantly used questionable sources and bad statistics which hurt your argument. I mean the most obvious comparison to make here is with the US. Here, it's taken decades for religion to weaken its influence in government since the 50s, and some progress is being made as a result of that (notably towards LGBT issues). On the other hand, I see some European countries import a bunch of people that are highly religious (even moreso than Christian fundamentalists) which just seems like a blatant mistake to me.

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:25 pm 

Norrmania wrote:
David Duke, now there's a legitimate source! Maybe you should just start linking us directly to the Stormfront forums in order to get your "message" across :lol:

Truth hurts bad ha?
You knew that Joel Stein is jew? then read this:

"I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood."

source: http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19 ... oe-stein19

what shah of iran knew?

Helen Thomas got fired for criticizing israel:
"Thomas said in an October 2011 radio interview with Scott Spears of WMRN that she realized soon after making the comments that she would be fired, stating, "I hit the third rail. You cannot criticize Israel in this country and survive." She added that she issued an apology because people were upset, but that ultimately, she still "had the same feelings about Israel's aggression and brutality."
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Thomas

David Irving sentenced for holocaust denial:
"On 11 November 2005, the Austrian police in the southern state of Styria, acting under the 1989 warrant, arrested Irving. Irving pleaded guilty to the charge of "trivialising, grossly playing down and denying the Holocaust" and was sentenced to three years' imprisonment."
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving

Charlie Hebdo Fired ‘Anti-Semitic’ Cartoonist For Ridiculing Judaism In 2009
when it's against islam then it is freedom of speech, but when it's against judaism it's labeled as anti-semitism.
source: http://anonhq.com/charlie-hebdo-fired-a ... aism-2009/

“To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
― Voltaire

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:44 pm 

Gorz wrote:
Norrmania wrote:

Truth hurts bad ha?
You knew that Joel Stein is jew? then read this:

"I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe "the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews," down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood."

source: http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/19 ... oe-stein19

what shah of iran knew?

Helen Thomas got fired for criticizing israel:
"Thomas said in an October 2011 radio interview with Scott Spears of WMRN that she realized soon after making the comments that she would be fired, stating, "I hit the third rail. You cannot criticize Israel in this country and survive." She added that she issued an apology because people were upset, but that ultimately, she still "had the same feelings about Israel's aggression and brutality."
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Thomas

David Irving sentenced for holocaust denial:
"On 11 November 2005, the Austrian police in the southern state of Styria, acting under the 1989 warrant, arrested Irving. Irving pleaded guilty to the charge of "trivialising, grossly playing down and denying the Holocaust" and was sentenced to three years' imprisonment."
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Irving

Charlie Hebdo Fired ‘Anti-Semitic’ Cartoonist For Ridiculing Judaism In 2009
when it's against islam then it is freedom of speech, but when it's against judaism it's labeled as anti-semitism.
source: http://anonhq.com/charlie-hebdo-fired-a ... aism-2009/

“To find out who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
― Voltaire

Dude at least update yourself a little on your white supremacist buddies latest rambling to make this at least a little more "entertaining" instead of peddling the same white nationalist trash that's been circulating the internet for the last decade and a half. Don't need another idiotic "refresher" session on antisemitism in Iran, "ze evil Jews in Hollywood" nor the douchebag that is David Irving, thanks.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:49 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:

What didn't I get, then?

InnesI
The Goat Fucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:59 pm 

Its just sad when threads with potential gets derailed when someone is to far into their own agenda for it to be fruitful for everyone else. I'd rather have seen people just ignore the David Duke posting guy. Now its already taken over and my guess is that the thread will be locked because of it. A pity...

:-(
Ad hominem

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:01 pm 

@Norrmania
Ok I got your message buddy, you can't handle these and want to be an eternal brainwashed by what you've been fed throughout your (supposedly) short life. you're either a jew (no insult to jews at all), a left-wing wanna-be or an immigrant yourself.

Quote:
nor the douchebag that is David Irving, thanks.

you welcome, stick to your academic historians.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:02 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Kveldulfr wrote:

What didn't I get, then?

Jesus, I was trolling him by falsely supporting him just to see where the thread would go - if it wouldn't get closed soon, which didn't happen.

One thing I do believe is multiculturalism was mostly encouraged to fight the decreasing birth rates, not cause people want to be nice with others.

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:04 pm 

InnesI wrote:
Its just sad when threads with potential gets derailed when someone is to far into their own agenda for it to be fruitful for everyone else. I'd rather have seen people just ignore the David Duke posting guy. Now its already taken over and my guess is that the thread will be locked because of it. A pity...

:-(

did you read my text above the link at all? I said can someone elaborate on these?
that means to prove/disprove it's legitimacy. what are you guys afraid of ?!

Norrmania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:11 pm 

Gorz wrote:
@Norrmania
Ok I got your message buddy, you can't handle these and want to be an eternal brainwashed by what you've been fed throughout your (supposedly) short life. you're either a jew (no insult to jews at all), a left-wing wanna-be or an immigrant yourself.

Quote:
nor the douchebag that is David Irving, thanks.

you welcome, stick to your academic historians.

My "supposedly" short life? :lol: Have I missed the part where I was attempting to pass myself off as younger than I actually am? Committing some kind of age fraud? :-P "Left-wing wanna-be"? Tell me, oh wise one, what can I do to become a left-wing non-wannabe? :-P

Expedience
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:17 pm 

InnesI wrote:
When some say multiculturalism they interchange that term with a country as a melting pot. These are however opposed to each other. In a melting pot everything that is unique is taken away and is blended with everything else until the mass becomes something new. This approach means that all the cultures that exist within the country will eventually be erased and blended and a new whole will rise up. Therefore all old cultural values are swept away (majority and minority) in favour of something entirely new - and what that is you can't quite predict unless the leadership is very strong and authoritative. And even then it is usually like putting a lid on a pot of boiling soup - eventually it will push the lid away.

This is all very well in general terms until you get the specifics. The pizza joint down the road isn't in conflict with the chinese restaurant. I don't see them blending together to make chinese pizza either. Sure, in Britain there's curry & chips but that's more shitty taste than a blending of cultural values into a melting pot.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:33 pm 

Kveldulfr wrote:
One thing I do believe is multiculturalism was mostly encouraged to fight the decreasing birth rates, not cause people want to be nice with others.

That could definitely be a factor. Politicians also always need new sources of support and immigrants are always easy to patronize because they need lots of patronage in a new area. Floods of new people keeps wages low and workers isolated which is good for business. So long as there are businesses which are rooted to a particular spot and can't move around easily from place to place they'll always want free moving labor to keep the cost down and those businesses also support politicians. These explanations seem simpler and more consistent with how our politicians behave than any conspiracy theory, if ya ask me.

Expedience wrote:
InnesI wrote:

This is all very well in general terms until you get the specifics. The pizza joint down the road isn't in conflict with the chinese restaurant. I don't see them blending together to make chinese pizza either. Sure, in Britain there's curry & chips but that's more shitty taste than a blending of cultural values into a melting pot.

Here in the US, both those places make Americanized versions of Chinese and Italian food. Back when the US government was not very strong, they pushed the melting pot concept InnesI talks about very forcefully and pretty successfully. The groups that immigrated in the 19th and early 20th Cs are very well integrated now and have no connections left to their original cultures. They are fully American. Nowadays, with the government being extremely strong, they don't bother with that anymore and sometimes even encourage people to cling to their native cultures to feel special because the gov isn't worried about not having enough support anymore. In most times and places immigrant and minority communities were expected to remain totally separate and allowed to live by their own laws and customs in the host country as long as they paid their dues and weren't troublesome, multiple cultures in one polity: multiculturalism. Multiculturalism is the historical norm, whereas the liberal idea that all the people in a country should be a single "nation" defined by having shared principles is a modern concept from the French and American revolutions. Guys like Gorz get it completely backwards and don't realize they support multiculturalism against liberalism: they don't want other groups to integrate into their countries, they want them to be separate and feel that those groups' current bad behavior has rescinded their right to stay in the host country.

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:41 pm 

He uses Joel Stein quote to illustrate his point while he ignores that Joel Stein is a humorist. He uses David Duke as a source while he ignores Duke's lack of credibility.

What next, are you going to source Don Quixote on why windmills are a bad idea?

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Gorz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:29 pm 

acid_bukkake wrote:
He uses Joel Stein quote to illustrate his point while he ignores that Joel Stein is a humorist. He uses David Duke as a source while he ignores Duke's lack of credibility.

What next, are you going to source Don Quixote on why windmills are a bad idea?

No I didn't use david duke as a source.
why the hell can not anyone criticize jews or the state of israel?
they put one in jail, bash him in the media or fire him. why is that?
why can not anyone question the credibility of holocaust? when I can't question it then I have the right to become skeptic about it.
you know if it's true when you can question it's very existence. just like what happened to religion.
please, experience some revisionism in your life and respect opposite opinions.

when they sentence a great historian like Irving (70+ yrs old) in 21st century in EUROPE, and bash him in the media, when a single israeli man shot dead by palestinians becomes breaking news but the massacre of palestinians are barely mentioned, that's a hint of who's in charge.

btw, sorry for the off-topics.
please get back on topic.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page 1, 2  Next