Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:22 am 

eh

Last edited by ~Guest 2944 on Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheCloudMinder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:42 am 

I read a very interesting article today about a woman who recently had her depression treated through a form of psychosurgery.

At first I was reading some history about the archaic practice of the lobotomy, which, unfortunately was not a successful attempt to cure mental illness.

I would be very, very wary of any such attempts to re-create such a grisly practice. But that said, a woman recently had something like that performed to her. "I cannot thank the clinicians and researchers who worked with me enough – they have given me my life back.” Here is the full article:

https://medtube.net/tribune/a-case-of-m ... hosurgery/

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:01 pm 

Something has come to my attention somewhat recently regarding (I think) mental health and the foods we eat. Some "organization" or something was interviewing some "expert" who did nothing but stumble and bumble all over his words and essentially say nothing about the subject. Very sad stuff indeed. Tragic. The cure is much worse then the disease.

And back in my home state (I think) someone I had come in contact with in the past said her husband recently passed away and she said no one said any condolences to her for what had happened. No doctor or anyone came up to her and simply said sorry for you're loss. Not one person in that hospital.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:16 pm 

I feel like your post is missing half of what was supposed to be in it and I haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:27 am 

eh

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 am 

I suggest that you get in contact with a psychologist, because this sounds very much like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I myself have suffered from severe OCD paired with extreme anxiety and I don't know where I would be now without therapy and my medication. It can get worse quickly, I hope you get help man. All the best.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:11 pm 

eh

MohawksAmongUs
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:54 pm 

I have been in psych wards, too. I'm sorry your experience was so awful. Were you allowed to have visits?

~Guest 193166
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:33 pm 

I was recently diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I remember having extremely mixed feelings about it. I even questioned the legitimacy of the diagnosis. Was it completely accurate? Had the physician made a mistake and jumped to a premature conclusion? The next thing I did was set aside this defensive questioning and allowed the reality of the diagnosis to settle in. Part of the first step in accepting treatment is accepting that you indeed have a problem. I always had a tendency to ignore or minimize things about myself that I knew were a problem. You can see it in my use of evasive language.

I am pending seeing a psychiatrist and am very hopeful to have a positive treatment experience. Ultimately, it is up to the one with the condition to determine how their overall treatment goes. Trust is the hardest part for someone in my situation, but it is essential.

The good side of it for me has been that the diagnosis filled in a lot of personal gaps in my understanding of myself. It allowed me to correctly perceive and confront my long-standing wrestling with identity. The SOS (sense of sense) has been shown to be distorted in schizophrenics. All in all, as debilitating as the negative symptoms of the condition are, this is still one of the best things that has ever happened to me. I can now move forward knowing what exactly I’m up against.

My brother (see signature) also suffered from the disease, or something similar (I think more bipolar or schizoaffective though). The stress resulting from his passing led me to my third psychotic episode and eventually to my diagnosis.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:51 pm 

ksevile wrote:
I even questioned the legitimacy of the diagnosis.

Unfortunately that is extremely common and fits right in with the symptoms. I say "unfortunately" because imagine a person like me who is wrongly diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, good luck getting yourself "undiagnosed" because they can say you're schizophrenic by not accepting you're schizophrenic. The whole ordeal took four years for me (2011-2015) until I finally got out of it after finding a psychiatrist who didn't have some obsession with making sessions as short and quick and superficial as possible and actually bothered to ask all the questions.

What's shocking is that the whole shitshow that wasted four years of my life on completely wrong treatments just came down to something as dumb as them asking "do you feel watched?" and me saying yes, and they say oh yeah that's got to totally be paranoid schizophrenia. Even though it's actually completely common with social anxiety disorder (the proper diagnosis since 2015) that when you feel like you're looking or acting or talking inappropriately you get all worked up about people seeing it.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23