Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Yuriihate
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:43 am 

Anyone a fan of his work? I was into bands like Murderdolls before I encountered metal but I recently heard his latest solo work and then went through some of his previous releases, and I'm really enjoying it atm. Anyone a fan?

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:53 pm 

Absolutely love Wednesday 13, just got his latest release, not as good as first 3 but enjoyed it much more than 'Calling All Corpses'. Wednesday 13 is one of the few artists outside of Black/Death/Doom that I listen to, also like Murderdolls and his work with Frankenstein Drag Queens.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:13 pm 

I like seeing him live, especially since he frequents this town. I think he has played here five times or so, maybe more.

Though the last time he played here he did not do the song about the word "fuck", and I said the word "fuck" in disappointment when the show was over and "I love to say fuck" wasn't played.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:39 pm 

Great musician. Although I haven't explored his discography too much, I know bits and pieces and saw him with Murderdolls a few years back, and solo last time he was here - I have to say, his solo band was amazing. Haven't listened too much to the new record, nor Bourbon Crow, but I intend to.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:54 pm 

He has done some cool music, a friend of mine lent me 2 or 3 of his solo band albums a few years back which were surprisingly enjoyable. Sadly I can't remember much of any of them, I should get reacquainted, because I do know it was a lot of fun.

Reply to topic