Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
WingedOctopus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:37 pm 

http://shop.wwr.com.tw/?board=cart&cart=total
Google translate is telling me that the language is specifically "Traditional Han". If I'm understanding the broken translation correctly, the album will cost me over $60. Am I getting that right? I don't find $15 for shipping that hard to believe, but $47 for the album itself seems off.

小計:299
郵資:100
總計:399

無論您訂購多少商品,郵寄台北市內90元,台北市以外各縣市一律100元。
如果您購買超過2,000元,則免郵資。
票卷訂購注意事項
票券經由網站購買,小白兔會員不另折扣。
請務必確實填寫收件人資料,以免票券無法寄送。
下單後請於三日內匯款或以信用卡付費,小白兔將以雙掛號寄出。
接下來請確認您的郵寄資料正確無誤。

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:05 am 

Where are you getting your figures from? According to xe.com, 399.00 TWD = 13.4190 USD. So for the product and postage, it's 399NT (New Taiwan Dollars), which is less than 14 American dollars.

WingedOctopus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 am 

The auto translation of the first line says: No matter how many items you order 90 yuan , mailing Taipei , priced at 100 yuan outside Taipei city and county.
But I guess the word translated to yuan could be a general word for a unit of currency (people from El Salvador commonly refer to American dollars as pesos, for instance). Anyway, Google kicks back 1 Yuan to 0.1577 Dollars, which would come out to $62.91 for 399 Yuan. I can't seem to make it through the purchase process anyway since neither I nor Google seem to be very good with understanding these characters in context. Thanks for the help, Chinese lady!

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 pm 

Well, they use the yuan/元 character for prices in Taiwan, even though it is NT they are refering to, not mainland Chinese yuan or Japanese yen. I'd just try contacting them directly, I'm not sure if they are talking about posting it in Taiwan (outside of Taipei city/county) or abroad. Good luck.

Reply to topic