Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:18 am 
 

https://turismo.euskadi.eus/contenidos/informacion/turismo_got_landing/en_def/got.html

Quote:
Image

Basque Country is Coming: Retrace the footsteps of your favourite Game of Thrones characters in the Basque Country with visits to spectacular cliffs over 60 million years old, a magical island, the setting for pirates, witches and legends, or an unspoilt beach sheltered by stunning cliffs.

:thumbsup:

Top
 Profile  
Derigin
The Mountain Man

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:25 am
Posts: 4779
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:31 am 
 

Um, OK?

I didn't realize you were a tourism bureau. Shall I start advertising Beautiful British Columbia?
_________________
I kill fun with words.
Quote:
Metal Archives: Now it is safe from black magic

Metal Archives... is clean.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:25 am 
 

Derigin wrote:
Um, OK?
I didn't realize you were a tourism bureau. Shall I start advertising Beautiful British Columbia?

I'm neither a linguist:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114677
What's the problem? This too could interest people, I think.


Last edited by BasqueStorm on Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
rexxz
Where's your band?

Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:45 pm
Posts: 11000
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:27 am 
 

Derigin wrote:
Um, OK?

I didn't realize you were a tourism bureau. Shall I start advertising Beautiful British Columbia?



That ain't the kind of BBC I want to see you pimping out ;O
_________________
Hexenkraft - diabolical cyberpunk darksynth

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:03 am 
 

I know that I can´t be the most objetive guy but I think its a good initiative. Every idea which promotes cultural turism instead of the shitty "beach/sun/party hard/hot chicks" concept is more than welcome.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 am 
 

Paganbasque wrote:
I know that I can´t be the most objetive guy but I think its a good initiative. Every idea which promotes cultural turism instead of the shitty "beach/sun/party hard/hot chicks" concept is more than welcome.

I think so.
P.S: If only they could offer a complete pack of landscape and nature program... This country is AMAZING.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:26 am 
 

Related news:
http://www.ehu.eus/es/content/-/asset_publisher/W6wn/content/e_20170316_juego-de-tronos?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ehu.eus%2Fes%2Fhome%3Fp_p_id%3D101_INSTANCE_ZBd7%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Dcolumn-2%26p_p_col_pos%3D3%26p_p_col_count%3D5

Quote:
Image

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:29 pm 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:
https://turismo.euskadi.eus/contenidos/informacion/turismo_got_landing/en_def/got.html
Quote:
Basque Country is Coming: Retrace the footsteps of your favourite Game of Thrones characters in the Basque Country with visits to spectacular cliffs over 60 million years old, a magical island, the setting for pirates, witches and legends, or an unspoilt beach sheltered by stunning cliffs.

:thumbsup:

And there you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonstone_(Game_of_Thrones)#Filming

Top
 Profile  
AboveTheThrone
Village Idiot

Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:56 pm
Posts: 513
Location: Cleveland, OH, USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 pm 
 

Did you design the website yourself? It turned out really nice and modern-looking.

Top
 Profile  
Thexhumed
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Posts: 932
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:59 pm 
 

I'd love to go there, do they speak Spanish in there?
_________________
I watch LotR on a monthly basis
__________
My wantlist

Top
 Profile  
Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm
Posts: 3792
Location: Fml States of America
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 am 
 

I'm really confused. Is this pointing out portions of the Basque country that were used as locations for shooting in the show?
_________________
Thunderwarrior91 wrote:
Quorthon's riffs are fucking bastard

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:13 am 
 

AboveTheThrone wrote:
Did you design the website yourself? It turned out really nice and modern-looking.

Wait, what? No, no.

Thexhumed wrote:
I'd love to go there, do they speak Spanish in there?

Yes, you won't have any problem speaking spanish.

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
I'm really confused. Is this pointing out portions of the Basque country that were used as locations for shooting in the show?

That's it. The basque locations are used at the end of the first episode:

Quote:
For the closing scene of Daenerys Targaryen arriving at Dragonstone, Podeswa noted that very little of the scene was shot on a sound stage, but rather on location, saying "The only thing shot on stage were the gates at the top of the stairs that leads to the long winding pathway up to the castle. Everything else was shot on location, in a number of different locations: Zumaia Beach in Spain is where she lands and walks up the stairs and gets to where the gates are. Another place — San Juan — is the place where that amazing staircase that doesn't look real and looks like a CG creation, but it's not, that's a spectacular location going up to Dragonstone castle."

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:47 pm 
 

Problems with tourists in San Juan de Gaztelugatxe:
https://politica.elpais.com/politica/2017/09/01/diario_de_espana/1504278599_345696.html
https://elpais.com/elpais/2017/09/05/inenglish/1504597286_913116.html
And Itálica ruins:
http://www.andalucia.org/en/cultural-tourism/visits/sevilla/monuments/conjunto-arqueologico-de-italica/


Last edited by BasqueStorm on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:51 am 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:


Believe it or not I have never been there. Back in time I tried to visit it but it was rainning heavily and there was no space to park so we said "next time", until today... :(

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:29 am 
 

Paganbasque wrote:
Believe it or not I have never been there. Back in time I tried to visit it but it was rainning heavily and there was no space to park so we said "next time", until today... :(

I have been and we were planning to come back recently but the problem is that I don't know about the situation in the future. Let's hope it's only a problem during holidays.

Top
 Profile  
Paganbasque
Veteran

Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:28 am
Posts: 3882
Location: Basque Country
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:32 am 
 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:
Believe it or not I have never been there. Back in time I tried to visit it but it was rainning heavily and there was no space to park so we said "next time", until today... :(

I have been and we were planning to come back recently but the problem is that I don't know about the situation in the future. Let's hope it's only a problem during holidays.


I will go next month. Weather should be fine and I am pretty sure that tourits won´t be such a problem. During Winter that road is usually more tan once closed due to bad weather and a risk of landsliding.

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 am 
 

Paganbasque wrote:
I will go next month. Weather should be fine and I am pretty sure that tourits won´t be such a problem. During Winter that road is usually more tan once closed due to bad weather and a risk of landsliding.

Hurry up!
http://cineuropa.org/fela.aspx?t=index

Quote:
Filming Europe Location Award.
Selected locations
:

Greece
Antiparos Island
Suntan by Argyris Papadimitropoulos (2016)

Italy
Caracalla thermal baths, Rome
The Great Beauty by Paolo Sorrentino (2013)

Poland
City of Wrocław / "Cold War"
Bridge of Spies by Steven Spielberg (2015)

Croatia
Dubrovnik
Game of Thrones (2012-2014)

Croatia
Fortress Kaštilac, city of Kaštela
Game of Thrones (2014-2016)

Germany
Görliwood®, the city of Görlitz
The Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson (2014)

Spain
Isla Mínima del Guadalquivir (Seville)
Marshland by Alberto Rodríguez (2014)

Spain
San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
Game of Thrones (2016)

Italy
Val Senales Glacier, South Tyrol
Everest by Baltasar Kormákur (2015)

Norway
Valldalen, Juvet Hotel
Ex Machina by Alex Garland (2014)

Austria
Vienna
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation by Christopher McQuarrie (2014)

Top
 Profile  
Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:53 am
Posts: 7817
Location: York, North Yorkshire
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:49 am 
 

The North of England should do more to cash in on its GoT links. We need the friggin' money. Fortunately, now everyone thinks our accents are sexy.
_________________
'Sometimes you have to be a bigot in order to beat bigger bigots' - G. Marenghi.

Uncolored wrote:
non 80's wodos members are enemies of teutonic beatles hairstyle thrash

Top
 Profile  
BasqueStorm
Veteran

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: Turks and Caicos Islands
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:13 pm 
 

Acrobat wrote:
The North of England should do more to cash in on its GoT links. We need the friggin' money. Fortunately, now everyone thinks our accents are sexy.

It should! :beer:

Spain:

Youtube: show

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: theposega, why, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group