Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:10 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Also damn crushed those look like fun to make. And you've sure got a nice looking low boy in those first couple photos but that's probably not yours is it?

Fun isn't a term I would use sometimes... Correct. That low-loader is owned by our contracted carrier. Good bloke too.

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I knew that was a pump station! I used to make carbon-filter chambers and heat exchange units (essentially pump stations but for highly acidic/corrosive elements - hence the carbon). Put together them giant ones a few times with a team of five guys - lovely, filthy work in the American chemical industry. Made a good living for about a year off of that.

I only have a team of about six guys at the moment (I'm the leading hand/supervisor), but that's set to rise to about twenty or so. Sometimes I have to go out on site (all over the country/state) for repairs, or fixing the installers fuck ups - which results in large bonuses, and all expenses paid. That job/work sounds rather similar Froggie, as the acids and what have you involved with sewerage etc can be corrosive as hell, which is why all of the councils are replacing their older tanks with our fiberglass product. Comes with a 50 year guarantee too :grin:

Jonpo wrote:
CrushedRevelation has what I call a "grown ass man job". My room mate welds together barges and it's also one of those. They've had 3 people die in the last 2 years.

No one has died at this factory (or on site), but many years ago I was a contractor rebuilding a power station where one worker died, and another, younger apprentice electrician had 11 000 volts go through him as he was working on a main switch board. Poor kid lived, though he was badly messed up.

My collection

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:32 pm 

I believe it's time to post a few pics of me:

My Girlfriend and I

Visiting Girlfriends family, this is her goddaughter

Hank Williams III and I

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:44 pm 

Hank III? That's pretty badass, man.

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:58 pm 

I find the fact that he's holding up 3 fingers rather than horns to be more amusing than it should be. Freaking cool, dude.

Ohrwurm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:20 pm 

I am a bit of an amateur modern artist. This is an abstract expressionist painting I did:

Spoiler: show

I made it in a few hours, so it isn't exactly as perfect and 'within the lines' as it should be but I think the general idea is still apparant. The colour compositions and design make sense because they contrast greatly.

last.fm

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:07 pm 

Ecliptik wrote:
I find the fact that he's holding up 3 fingers rather than horns to be more amusing than it should be. Freaking cool, dude.

It was, he was a really cool guy, he played for nearly 4 hours that night! :) Played his Country stuff then went into his hardcore and metal stuff for the last 2 hours.

Also I found another pick, this was after seeing Orange Goblin played, I got to meet and talk with Martyn Millard for a bit, he was a pretty chilled dude. A bit blurry, but it's not too bad.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:13 pm 

This one's from early October.

Me backstage at a local independent wrestling show with Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:18 pm 

IT'S THE MANIAC!

It's Always Sunny...

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:25 pm 

That is friggen awesome, I would have loved to talk about "They Live" with him! haha Killer pic!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:42 pm 

Jake "The Snake" Roberts was at that show too. I didn't get a picture with him, but I met him twice that night as after I saw him the first time he vanished into the rest of the locker room. A good friend of mine's a wrestler around here and I did my college final about his road to recovery after a knee injury nearly ended his career, so that's how I got into the locker room. As a lifelong wrestling fan, I was ridiculously excited and enthralled at watching the guys put their matches together and getting to talk wrestling with a few of them.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:32 pm 

Last edited by sushiman on Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 am 

from last summer at my mom's house, better post it before any more of them go dyin' on me.
Edit: The fluffy one is Wilhelm, the one buried in my crotch is Adolf, and the one by my face is Alfred (RIP)

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:19 pm 

Nice doggies, KC!

Teemu and me!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

slave2satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:43 pm 

cute kitty

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:58 pm 

Metantoine and Subrick look suspiciously alike in their last couple pics...
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:49 pm 

Your cat looks super confrontative, i'm getting some bad vibes from this pic

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:36 pm 

Nochielo wrote:
Metantoine and Subrick look suspiciously alike in their last couple pics...

:( I don't see it.

Teemu is very affectionate, he's a little kid who's very active! He usually just lays near my laptop and give me some cuddles. Now, I don't know if he's racist against South Americans but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:38 pm 

Nah, I don't see it either.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:06 am 

My cat tried to murder this little bird but we got to save him before he was torn to ribbons. I took him to my room and it looked like he was going to die, turns out he was just in shock, and got better after a few minutes.

And my dog got a brand new, cool looking collar! She doesn't seems to like it very much though

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 am 

I actually do see it. The same facial hair, round face, and the almost the same sorta smirk smile...Ya'll could pass as brothers.

Also Tony, what were you looking at? Your cat looks shocked....

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:07 pm 

Yeah, that's what I meant. You guys look like close relatives. You don't see it because no one thinks they look like another person even if they could be twins, I see that all the time.

Dudes, we need more bird pics. Do we have any people that do falconry or has access to badass looking birds?
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:32 pm 

Outside of being white male fatties with brown hair and beard, I don't think our facial structure is similar. I'm not offended by the way, I just can't see it at all, maybe a distant similarity but definitely not like brothers.

VS

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:34 pm 

I can see it. Sorry Tony. You and Subrick don't look THAT much alike, but you look alike more than my two brothers look like each others. Sooooo....

Tony and Subrick separated at birth, confirmed!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:59 pm 

You're intentionally picking angles where you look nothing alike, Tony! If I look at the one of you and Teemu, and then scroll up just a bit to Subrick and Rowdy Teemu Piper...there is a SUBTLE similarity. Some of it is just bone structure and facial hair choices. You guys definitely don't look related.

You're going to hurt Subrick's feelings if you keep campainging so hard that you guys don't look alike!

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 pm 

Yeah I don't think they look alike at all. Completely different facial features.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:39 pm 

I will concede that he can grow a better beard than I can. Mine's not super thick on the sides like his is. Still, it's better than nothing during the winter here, and I look ridiculous clean shaven anyway.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 pm 

I can't even grow a fucking beard :ugh:

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:33 pm 

That's a sad day when you realize you can never grow a beard. Some black guy that works at the grocery store near me constantly asks me about my beard and calls me a beard god... actually referring to it as if I am a separate race of people (big bearded white guys apparently) but he's always happy to see me and talk to me and wants to show me his progress... meaning a tiny bit of scruff over the course of 4 months.

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
That's a sad day when you realize you can never grow a beard. Some black guy that works at the grocery store near me constantly asks me about my beard and calls me a beard god... actually referring to it as if I am a separate race of people (big bearded white guys apparently) but he's always happy to see me and talk to me and wants to show me his progress... meaning a tiny bit of scruff over the course of 4 months.

y...yyou did this...

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:34 am 

While we are on the subject of beards, anyone else sick of the unbelievably stupid big-beard hipster fad of late? Don't kill me just yet, but there is a bunch of these guys going around with short clean-cut haircuts, dressing normally everywhere else but have a huge out of place '70s style beard. I am so sick of these stupid anachronistic trends that hipsters are bringing back just because. For coherency's sake, SLK's beard is awesome and NOT what I am referring to.

I actually found a great example in a pop-up advertisement, so I took a screenshot:

Hate that shit.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:44 am 

Yep. These fucks are everywhere. It's almost like they're grown in a vat somewhere.

My collection

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:39 am 

Good god, what the hell is that? It's like he's got a parasitic rodent attached to his face.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:10 pm 

Men pushing dead fibers from face inspire envy, hate.

ed:
Marag wrote:
Your cat looks super confrontative, i'm getting some bad vibes from this pic

Cats' eyeballs can't move a whole lot, nor do they have particularly good vision close up. They just kind of look like that when they have to look at something a bit lower than their heads that they have to get back from to see clearly. Looks funny.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 pm 

Haha yall are just noticing the beard thing? It's been going on for far too long, comparable to the stupid "bacon is GOD" trend that the internet ran with.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 pm 

Don't forget the pro-weed people that deny there's any negative effects to the drug despite the studies and evidence proving them wrong.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:23 pm 

Just saying I haven't seen any negative effect reports or studies or evidence provided that weed is harmful. Note that I am practically straight edge and have never smoked or gave a shit about it. Just saying I honestly haven't seen any thing like that in all my years.

Also not everyone who has a beard is doing so for some sort of trend. since I was 4 I wanted a beard and tattoos. Got tattoos when I was 19, an actual worth a fuck beard when I was 24.

The bacon is god thing ain't exactly such a trend either... I remember watching cooking shows from long long ago on like discovery and shit and when the chefs would talk about why they use certain ingredients... bacon was always highly praised. When the cooking shows started that were competitions same was said as it was a copout to use bacon cause everyone enjoys bacon and that it was so easy to add to a dish to improve it's quality.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:30 pm 

The two things off the top of my head that I know are harmful effects of weed are it can lead to memory loss and it can be addictive just like every other mind altering substances. It's still a significantly better substance than every other mind altering substance there is, both legal and illegal, but the people who act like it does only good and no bad are either unknowing to the facts or they refuse to acknowledge them.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:36 pm 

Oh I do recall that but normal food also can lead to memory loss. Either way ain't like I'd be moved to use it ever.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 pm 

If you didn't notice SLK, I gave you and your ilk a free pass in the beard category. There is a clear difference, and in my experience most modern big beards are of the trendy variety.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:40 pm 

Same here. I don't smoke and rarely drink, and weed's never once interested me. It'll be better for my body in the long run anyway.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 174  Next