Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:28 pm 

Quote:
I have two Tiger Oscars that are totally brutal death.

fuck yeah! As for me, it's not that I don't love cool fish, but I am too lazy. I had a tank several years ago, got the water good to go, bought decorations and coral and shit, but never actually bought any fish.. After a while I just drained the thing.

Psytopsy wrote:
Dachshund/basset hound mix? I WANT ONE

They're awesome, yeah. These are adopted strays and littermates, but after doing some research, it's pretty obvious that must be what kinds they are. They're bigger than a dachshund,but smaller than a basset, but with big fucking feet.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

Apteronotus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:20 pm 

Incantation wrote:
We had tons of African Cichlids

Hell yeah! I currently have 5 fish tanks set up including two African cichlid tanks, and that is after years of substantial downgrading. I now also keep kribensis and convict cichlids. Cichlids are very metal as far as fish go because they are on the whole more fast and aggressive than other fish. Sorry for the lack of pictures, its hard to photograph something that refuses to stop moving and is also under water.

Not that anyone cares, but my username is the genus name of the black ghost knife fish, which in addition to being a passively-electric cool as hell fish also has a very metal name and look to it.

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:49 pm 

Apteronotus wrote:
Incantation wrote:
We had tons of African Cichlids

Hell yeah! I currently have 5 fish tanks set up including two African cichlid tanks, and that is after years of substantial downgrading. I now also keep kribensis and convict cichlids. Cichlids are very metal as far as fish go because they are on the whole more fast and aggressive than other fish. Sorry for the lack of pictures, its hard to photograph something that refuses to stop moving and is also under water.

Not that anyone cares, but my username is the genus name of the black ghost knife fish, which in addition to being a passively-electric cool as hell fish also has a very metal name and look to it.

I care! A lot of people who are into reptiles use the latin names for them, my favorite to say is rhacodactylus which is the genus of 6 species of gecko, 1 of those six I have Crested Geckos(ciliatus) and 2 more of those six I would love to have Gargoyle Geckos (auriculatus) and Lechies (leachianus). What's really fun is to talk to people who are really big into keeping venomous, you'd think they spoke Latin the way they talk about their animals.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
(...) never liked cats. They always look like they're plotting doom.

Thus their awesomeness. Why else do you think they're the perfect supervillain pet? :-P And yeah, used to hate them too, but in the last month or so I've been really wanting to get one. I just started to think all of a sudden that their intelligence and seeming arrogance are actually pretty cool traits. Plus, I love how they aren't exactly domesticated creatures, but more like feral animals who simply decided it would be convenient to get along with those tall, two-legged, hairless fellas. I'd personally like to have a black one with blue or green eyes, and call him Sabbath :-D
tolerancezero666 wrote:

The angry look on that thing's face is one of the most adorable sights I've ever seen. I can almost hear it's tiny bitty voice saying "come at me, bro!". It's so funny it's ridiculous :lol:

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:33 pm 

Xlxlx: Easily amused.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:50 pm 

Hey, what can I say man? I live in the world's ass. It's not like I get tons of fun on a daily basis or something.

Back to ("metal") pets; what do you people think of owning insects/arachnids as pets?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:11 pm 

Hedgehogs are cool as fuck.

XIxlx, I know Goatfangs has insects, I hate 'em, but I'd like to get fishes though.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:30 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Hey, what can I say man? I live in the world's ass. It's not like I get tons of fun on a daily basis or something.

Back to ("metal") pets; what do you people think of owning insects/arachnids as pets?

I think it's awesome, not going to lie, I'm a complete pussy about things that have more than 8 legs, I'm terrified of silverfish, centipedes, and caterpillars, weird I know, but what can I say, they freak me out. Now I love love love arachnids and I'm hoping to get some tarantulas someday, I've wanted one since I was 5 years old (started begging my Mom at that age and she thought they may have brought home the wrong kid when I was born, lol). I haven't been able to get one just yet, but someday I hope to have one. While this is not a beginner tarantula, someday once I have more experience with other species, I plan to get poecilotheria metallica can't tell me this isn't a metal spider:

FYI this is just a picture I found, I don't own the rights to the photo.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 pm 

OOOOoooooo~ wow that's pretty.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 am 

I actually think having insects as pets would be pretty cool (depending on the insects, that is). I agree on the grounds of tarantulas being awesome, but I'd prefer a mantis. They are just really cool looking, and I love how they have to karate chop their preys to feed! Fuck centepedes though. To hell with them and their crawling madness.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:38 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
To hell with them and their crawling madness.

haha! But crawling madness is so metal!

Something occurred to me yesterday about a significant difference between dogs and cats: If you live alone and something happens (slip, concussion, incapacitated/heart attack, incapacitated) a dog will most likely eventually raise some kind of racket, call to the surroundings for anyone who will listen, or try to get out eventually and in any case there's a slim chance you'll survive, whereas a cat will just wait for you to die and then eat your eyes. Again .. metal.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:54 pm 

lol! well, might be metal, but I still like dogs better.

I think tarantulas are cool but I'm not too fond of stuff that doesn't interact with you much. I had a housemate once with a tarantula, and it didn't seem much better than watching spiders outdoors, for all the more you could do with it. At least my dogs vaguely seem to enjoy my company.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:11 pm 

I got rid of all the pictures I had of my dog, but she was extremely cute. Easily the cutest of all the dogs posted thus far here. You guys can take my word for it. ;)

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:06 pm 

All right, I have access to a computer again, so here's my cast of pets that I said I'd upload:
Spoiler: show
Noodle the whatever-breed:

Mr. Bean the Russian Blue:

Fuzzy (I don't come up with these names, okay?) the Maine Coon:

Mokey the rat:

Natalie the other rat:

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:01 pm 

I agree that tarantulas don't really do much, but sometimes I like animals that are more for looking at rather than playing with, Green Tree Pythons are great examples, not cuddly like ball pythons, but really fun to look and very metal. They just lie in wait for their prey.

If you die I think most dogs will start to eat you, I think any animal would if they were hungry. Cat eating your eyes I had not heard of, but I agree metal as fuck!

MalignantThrone, love your rats =)

My dog is pretty dumb and I would not call her metal, she has the saddest excuse for a bark, really it sounds like she's saying "burf." But she's super cute, I mean how could you say no to this face:

I also have a couple horses, but one is named Epic, so while he doesn't strike me as metal, he's got a very metal name. He's cute though:

This is not the best jump I ever took, but I thought it was funny we both had our eyes closed, lol.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:03 pm 

http://i.imgur.com/nWwpC.jpg

My chickens

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:23 pm 

Incantation wrote:

Of course the metalhead wants the splatter vinyl issue arachnid!

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:56 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/nWwpC.jpg

My chickens

Chickens are very metal. I had a Silver Laced Polish Rooster that used to chase me around and attack me. Now we have a nice little bantam, lol.

Your chicken on the right looks kind of like my Silkie/Speckled Sussex cross. I just got a White Crested Black Polish on Saturday (my Mom is so pissed, lol she hates my "freak" chickens I keep getting). I want to get a bunch more Polish and Silkies but I think I'll have to build a separate run for them since my Mom just likes big laying hens, lol.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:26 pm 

This is my Siberian Husky, Willy. Yes, he thinks he's a wolf.

Willy and Layla getting ready for a walk. They bellow out a couple of howls and we're off on our mushroom hunt.

This is my pit Rocky. He listens to Speed Metal all day every day.

Gotta have a pony for the little one. Glue a snowcone to his forehead and he's a unicorn.

This Boer Goat I've yet to name because I'll probably end up roasting the poor fella once castrated. jk

A couple of Nubian Goats.

And this fellow I named Dostoyevsky. He's so funeral he only ventures out of his cave to mate.

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:03 pm 

Hahaha. Your goats are awesome. I always wanted goats. My aunt and uncle used to have some on their farm when I was younger, so I was always wanting to spend the night there and help out with things, just to hang out with the goats.

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:09 pm 

We used to have Pygmy goats, but they got out of everything we put them in, lol. My Mom decided to rehome them to a guy that wanted goats for his grandkids cause she wanted to start growing her own veggies and they would just eat everything no matter what kind of fence she put up. The mini is so cute, I love minis, the unbroke ones are fun to ride, it's like a little rocking horse then, lol.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:03 pm 

I have a feral cat that decided to live me around since I began feeding him. Now he's a fat motherfucker that spend all day either sleeping or on the streets picking fights with other cats and trying to sex little pussies. Metal as fuck.
I also have a persian cat but she is as unmetal as it gets.

Incantation wrote:
My dog is pretty dumb and I would not call her metal, she has the saddest excuse for a bark, really it sounds like she's saying "burf." But she's super cute, I mean how could you say no to this face:

What race is she? She is pretty beautiful.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:27 pm 

nekuomanteia, that is a beautiful pit! What a sweet face. Reminds me of my other dog, Travis.

Incantation, I think I melted a bit when I saw your dog with the cocked head :lol:

EDIT: also saw the second pic, you ride horses then? English by the looks of it. Recreation, or you compete?

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

worlddementia
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:17 pm 

One day, I hope to get a monitor lizard. I'm pretty sure a Nile monitor isn't the best one to start out with because it's so difficult to tame, but it looks the coolest out of all of them. Next to the Mangrove and Roughneck monitors.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:51 pm 

wow .. does Dostoyevsky have four horns?

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:56 am 

These are my two dogs, a Jack Russell cross Maltese and the white one is a Bischon Friese cross Maltese.

Then there's this guy, my girlfriend's cat who lives with me, he's a Norwegian Forest cat.

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 pm 

dang that's a cute cat.

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:22 pm 

Marag wrote:
I have a feral cat that decided to live me around since I began feeding him. Now he's a fat motherfucker that spend all day either sleeping or on the streets picking fights with other cats and trying to sex little pussies. Metal as fuck.
I also have a persian cat but she is as unmetal as it gets.

Incantation wrote:

What race is she? She is pretty beautiful.

I think she's a border collie x spitz mix, but I have no clue honestly, lol. I thought about getting her DNA tested when I have a spare $100 (so basically never).

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
nekuomanteia, that is a beautiful pit! What a sweet face. Reminds me of my other dog, Travis.

Incantation, I think I melted a bit when I saw your dog with the cocked head :lol:

EDIT: also saw the second pic, you ride horses then? English by the looks of it. Recreation, or you compete?

I know her face is just too cute, it kills me, lol.

I do, I actually ride both Western and English and when I'm lazy I just hop on them bareback and ride around the yard. I compete now and then, but not seriously, just backyard shows for fun. I love speed events and would love to get more into the speed events, but right now all I have are fat lazy horses, lol.

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:40 pm 

worlddementia wrote:

One day, I hope to get a monitor lizard. I'm pretty sure a Nile monitor isn't the best one to start out with because it's so difficult to tame, but it looks the coolest out of all of them. Next to the Mangrove and Roughneck monitors.

I used to have a peach throat and a roughneck, they are a lot of work, but very fun to have. I really want to get an Asian water monitor, they are large, but very easy to tame. Niles get really big so you need a huge enclosure for them and they are very hard to tame, but if you want the challenge more power to you. Brian Barczyk has some Niles that were born Jetblack, I believe he's calling them the Night Niles. If I had the room I'd consider getting one of those, but Niles are just so hard to tame, I'm not sure if I want to even bother, lol.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 pm 

Here is Ren, my son. He's very anti-metal, excepting for the black shirts which he likes to sleep on to leave them full of his white hair (both mines and my wife's). He listen or tolerate music, but mostly classical/neofolk and jazzy stuff (I listen a lot of stuff at home and when he doesn't like something, he makes sure that I understand it). It's ubercute and darling, in constant need to be petted; hates to be alone, it's pretty fat and likes to eat as much as to sleep. He's also very delicate, since it's all white I need to put some sunblock on his ears, clean up his paws (although he does a great job hy himself), don't let it take much sun and taking him to the vet periodically to check any problem with breathing, skin, sight or hearing. Also, the grooming must be at least 3 times per week.

Some pics!

Super cute, doesn't it?

He can shriek like the best too!

Too much to read! (he's a catlawyer, after all)

Also interested on music

This is Ozzy, currently living with my father in law (Ren's Uncle and yes, he likes to listen metal and it's evil as fuck!)

Here with Nina, a stray cat. She appeared there one day in very bad shape (and pregnant as we learnt briefly after). She stayed there with her kittens and Ozzy takes care of her too.

Chances are that Nina it's a relative of Ren. Ren's mother (Luna) was all white and had many white kittens which were given to the neighbors; those cats had more white cats and.. well, you got it. Where my fathers in law live it's a very distant little town, almost countryside-y. There were no (or very few) white cats there until Luna arrived and had her kittens. (cause the female cat gives the color to her kittens).

Last edited by Kveldulfr on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:03 pm 

Jackoroth, I want that cat, it's just too cute!

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 pm 

Kveldulfr, I like them, they are very cute and fluffy =)

Jackoroth
Metalhead

Location: Taumatawhakatangi­hangakoauauotamatea­turipukakapikimaunga­horonukupokaiwhen­uakitanatahu
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:16 pm 

Incantation wrote:
Jackoroth, I want that cat, it's just too cute!

I'm pretty sure the girlfriend would neuter me if I gave him away, haha.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

Yeah, he's all love and loves to shit on cats, plus destroy whatever gets in his way.

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
wow .. does Dostoyevsky have four horns?

Yup, he's always banging into something but they look cool as fuck I. Some people cut them before they get too big but we think that'd be mean of us to do that to him.

tolerancezero666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:24 pm 

oh yeah here's a picture of my new guinea pig

I got her last week, my friend wanted to kill her with a knife so I had to bring her home. She's pretty cool and got used to me very quickly. Sorry for my ugly face

kapala
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:35 pm 

This is Garm Lennart Hundqvist af Gyllenstråle or just Garm for short.

He's pretty cool, even though he doesn't like Furze very much.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:52 pm 

Mokoma the Cat during his "Occupy Empty Beercase" protest:

Welmu the Dog in his casual wear:

The tortoise didn't want to show herself long enough to take a pic. She's damn fast, and all the pics are thus blurry. She's the size of a cheeseburger and usually hisses angrily at me. Also, she eats more than I do relative to her weight.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:58 pm 

Napero wrote:
The tortoise didn't want to show herself long enough to take a pic. She's damn fast, and all the pics are thus blurry. She's the size of a cheeseburger and usually hisses angrily at me. Also, she eats more than I do relative to her weight.

The mighty Uncle Nappy thwarted by a tortoise.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:34 pm 

Beauty of a pup, Nappy. What's the mix?

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect