Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
NetherFog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:09 am 

Anyone heard the new album ? Slash was one of the main reasons I liked GnR, I liked his debut was fun hard rock album. Got hold of the leaked version of his new album have to say it is quite enjoyable, myles' vocals seem to fit the music that flows.
Anyone else gave it a listen ? Thoughts on his solo career or the new album ?

Turner
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:59 am 

The only thing of his I've heard is Ain't Life Grand, which was a pretty darn good album, but then I also heard some crap he put out a few years back with the singer from Wolfmother and it was awful. Plus Velvet Revolver sucks. I honestly think Slash is one of the best guitarists of the last 30 years (I mean, listen to Coma, or Estranged) but I'm skeptical. I'll give it a cautious listen haha.

Mr Ferocious
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 am 

I got the Classic Rock fanpack release and I've spun it constantly since Friday and I love it. It's rock n roll mostly, with some metallic touches in places. It's not as diverse musically as his first solo album, but this one sounds more like a band playing rather than one guy making it all, although Slash is still top of his game.

I love Myles' voice, it fits the music perfectly and he's capable of singing over a lot of different sounds.

I've enjoyed most of Slash's solo career because I'm a sucker for honest rock n roll.

Edmund Blackadder

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 11:21 pm 

Never liked Guns and Roses at all (thought they were super annoying) but I do think most of Slash's post-GnR stuff is much better, musically. I've heard a couple songs and they were decent, certainly better than Guns n' Roses at least.

Reply to topic