Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Oberst_Orlok_SS
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:49 am 

Nope, I can't say I have met any of the users but I'm sure you all are nice chapps.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:06 am 

failsafeman wrote:
Commas, John. Commas.

Commas are an obstacle to revolution. Go back to sopping up Oriental tea with lace pillows you effete bourgeois academe!

WebOfPiss and I are destined to meet someday, I just know it. In a dripping, unlit garret apartment, where such visions shall be shewn that have not beene seene or tolde of by any man livinge or deade.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:12 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:

WebOfPiss and I are destined to meet someday, I just know it. In a dripping, unlit garret apartment, where such visions shall be shewn that have not beene seene or tolde of by any man livinge or deade.

Sounds sexy.

I've met a few folks from MA, they've all been kind, generous lovers...

Fast_Kill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:47 am 

I would like to meet any one here in Chile, we have great gigs and shit, but I often go with another friend of mine, just the two of us...Totally gay.
So if your in Chile and like to drink, smoke and throw stones at little animals PM me.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:48 pm 

I've met into_the_pit, caspian, MushroomStamp and Napero. I've also dated Nile577's wife (not on MA) for two years before the two got together.

Strangely, I've never met oneyoudontknow, although he lives in the area. Maybe we once attended the same concert without knowing, who knows.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:25 pm 

Evenfiel (has stayed in our place for a total of about two weeks on his various travels), caspian (slept/passed out here for a week), droneriot (really briefly), MacMoney, Mushroomstamp, vacca (old one, has not been active in years), and a few of the folks on the IRC channel. It's my intention to expand this list a lot in the coming years, but keeping the "quality over quantity" maxim in mind. Napero's Bed & Breakfast is not for the grey masses.

Once caspian notices this thread, he'll have the Mother of All Lists, though.

tkdcommando
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 pm 

Nope, I can't say that I've ever had the privilege of meeting any of you fine metal heads.
Its bad enough that here in the RGV, TX area metal fans are few and far between :(

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:22 pm 

Sadly, I haven't met any MA user, and I doubt I will, there are no other users from Venezuela I think :-P

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:01 pm 

I met a bunch at gigs but only exchanged a few words, no hanging out unfortunately...

Animicantus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:03 pm 

fetalfeast just moved not to far from me, gonna hang with him eventually.

defyexistance wrote:
It also sounds like he says "The raven licks my asshole" as the first vocal line there. It never fails to crack me up.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:43 pm 

There's apparently a good crew in my area, and I've allegedly just missed gradymayhem at shows (I think every show in the area he attends I wind up having to bail last minute). ralfikk and Gelseth are indeed within about a half hour drive away from me apiece, but Gelseth is an alcoholic and Ralf is 12 so I haven't actually gotten an opportunity to meet either yet. I've met thomash and Ribos at a couple shows each, both being OG Diamond Plate fans that was destined to happen anyway. When I saw Destruction a few years ago (which was the first time I met the aforementioned two) I also met thinkpad20 (who I don't think was ever particularly active) and TheGrimWombat (who just bleeds heavy metal, the dude is the Lemmy of my generation). I think Pfunter was at the same Blind Guardian gig as me before, but I didn't know until afterwards, and while I haven't seen him in a while, I used to see DrSeuss at shows all the damn time, but never approached him because he resembles the Tank from Left 4 Dead and didn't feel like getting murdered at any particular point.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:55 pm 

I'll hang with anyone if said person finds themselves in cleveland.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:24 pm 

I've met nobody :( !!!!

..although I have seen a few of you on webcam.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:29 pm 

Yea, I haven't met anyone either. Though, I think I live in the same county as iamntbatman. I'm bound to meet him eventually, I suppose.

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:43 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I'm in Parma right now. :uh oh:

Count_Venereal is my long-lost neglectful father.

MegaAwesomePants
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

hey man where in cleveland?

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:47 pm 

cweed wrote:
EDIT: I'm also in Sydney, Australia, at the moment, so if you need another fun personality at your next metal party hit me up!! Also, anyone going to the Absu/Portal show coming up in a couple weeks??

I'll be headed to the Absu show... if there's no problems with the venues letting a minor in. I'm quite easy to spot, since I'm short, have long dark brown hair, rather Asian-looking and in no way look like an adult. I might be wearing a Drowning the Light or Pestilential Shadows shirt, but it'll definitely be in the vein of black metal.

RageW
Marisa's Harlot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:18 pm 

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
I'm short, have long dark brown hair, rather Asian-looking and in no way look like an adult.

:lol: Such accurate description.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 am 

OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
I'm in Parma right now. :uh oh:

Count_Venereal is my long-lost neglectful father.

:lol: appropriate reaction. You're from (originally?) Columbus right? I feel like we've talked about C-bus before.

MegaAwesomePants wrote:
PhilosophicalFrog wrote:

hey man where in cleveland?

Around, mostly. But I'm over on the east side.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Snowgrave
Under The Plaintive Sky

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:11 am 

Visionary and I met in college.

Grimmig
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:58 am 

Slag wrote:
Yea, I haven't met anyone either. Though, I think I live in the same county as iamntbatman. I'm bound to meet him eventually, I suppose.

MOCO REPRESENT, AWWW YEAH.

If anyone has met iamntbatman they've probably met me too. I've also met Killedbyaforklift but I knew him on the internet before he started posting here.

soverysorry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:45 am 

Razakel wrote:
Ah, Aaron, my life has been so much more boring these past few days. I'll be back as soon as possible and we'll bring shame to the streets of Galway once more! Next time you're sitting baked in your room, intently listening to Cryptopsy, I'll be there in spirit.

Hail Darkthrone.

Don't forget to say hi to Iskra for me! :)

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:11 am 

I have met you all in your dreams! For I am Mufti, the magical Mizwa of Muzzy Tah!

cweed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:52 pm 

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
cweed wrote:
EDIT: I'm also in Sydney, Australia, at the moment, so if you need another fun personality at your next metal party hit me up!! Also, anyone going to the Absu/Portal show coming up in a couple weeks??

I'll be headed to the Absu show... if there's no problems with the venues letting a minor in. I'm quite easy to spot, since I'm short, have long dark brown hair, rather Asian-looking and in no way look like an adult. I might be wearing a Drowning the Light or Pestilential Shadows shirt, but it'll definitely be in the vein of black metal.

Cool dude! I'll send you a PM later if you're interested in getting together before the show or whatever!

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:05 pm 

i have however noticed that while there are more metalheads in europe, they dont post as much on this forum. While ive met plenty of people who use the archives and i once remember talking with a guy about christkiller.

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:20 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
There's apparently a good crew in my area, and I've allegedly just missed gradymayhem at shows (I think every show in the area he attends I wind up having to bail last minute). ralfikk and Gelseth are indeed within about a half hour drive away from me apiece, but Gelseth is an alcoholic and Ralf is 12 so I haven't actually gotten an opportunity to meet either yet. I've met thomash and Ribos at a couple shows each, both being OG Diamond Plate fans that was destined to happen anyway. When I saw Destruction a few years ago (which was the first time I met the aforementioned two) I also met thinkpad20 (who I don't think was ever particularly active) and TheGrimWombat (who just bleeds heavy metal, the dude is the Lemmy of my generation). I think Pfunter was at the same Blind Guardian gig as me before, but I didn't know until afterwards, and while I haven't seen him in a while, I used to see DrSeuss at shows all the damn time, but never approached him because he resembles the Tank from Left 4 Dead and didn't feel like getting murdered at any particular point.

If you and all the others you mentioned in your post go to shows in Chicago (Reggie's in particular), I'm positive we've run into each other. Garagemetal468 and I are pretty good friends and are down at Reggie's all the time, saw Macabre there last night.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:31 pm 

sabbathfan4993 wrote:
BastardHead wrote:

If you and all the others you mentioned in your post go to shows in Chicago (Reggie's in particular), I'm positive we've run into each other. Garagemetal468 and I are pretty good friends and are down at Reggie's all the time, saw Macabre there last night.

If I didn't get fired the day before, I probably would have been at the Holiday of Horror. Now that I have no income I couldn't justify the trip to the city. It depends on what kind of shows you're at, really. I listen to all subgenres of metal fairly evenly but it seems like I go to far more thrash or death metal shows than any other. I'm the arrow on the right, just as verification of who I am. My hair's been short for a few years now and it alternates between about that length and near bald.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:24 am 

soverysorry wrote:
Don't forget to say hi to Iskra for me! :)

I actually already have! I went to their shop and bought Gateways to Annihilation because I loved when we listened to Secured Limitations when we were baked as fuck at your place. Listened to it every day since. I also wanted Formulas... but they didn't have it.

Also, thanks so much for that Archgoat album, I'm still really loving it. I'm sure the tobacco I left you didn't last very long.

Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:37 am 

Nahsil wrote:
I might like to meet Xeo, failsafe, Abom and a couple others. Just seem to have a lot in common. Well, maybe not as much with Abom, but he seems a cool fellow.

:love:

Abom needs to post more.

Same with Nightgaunt. I want to co-op Doom with him sometime and see how the master plays.

Slag
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:08 am 

Grimmig wrote:
Slag wrote:

MOCO REPRESENT, AWWW YEAH.
WORD! Best county in the MD state, you know that's right. ahaha

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:03 pm 

I went on okcupid (Yeah shut up) and one of the men I talked to is an avid metal head. He recommended this site before he knew I had frequented this site before.

If anything happens, you're all invited to the wedding.

VictimsOfDeception
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:35 pm 

I'll probably meet a lot of you in the coming year.

SheerTerror
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:49 pm 

I've seen Insolent_Heretic around, we've got about two million friends in common and she lives near me but other than that, no.
I'll be at the Absu/Portal show next year in Melbourne if anyone of you awkward fuckers want to meet up before hand for a brew.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:45 pm 

NikeOfSamothrace wrote:
I went on okcupid (Yeah shut up)

Don't worry, I still have an OKCupid account. I don't use it as often due to my girlfriend and I still dating but it is a pretty decent site for that sort of thing.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:04 am 

I've met Abominatrix and thought: What a cool guy, maaaan

Other than that, no. There are quite a few users here I think would be cool to hang out with.

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 am 

Wow, I'm surprised so many of you have met. Nobody lives in Wisconsin I guess...
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:16 pm 

It's not that surprising. Thousands of people have posted on this site over the course of almost ten years now.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:54 pm 

Yet to meet any in person but I am not so far from many of the forum goers in the Toronto, Montreal areas (I am right in-between the two.) and it would be fun the meet up with some of those folks in the future. As for specific people who would be awesome to meet: Xeogred, Failsafeman, Empyreal, and most of the regulars in the Heavy/Power/Speed thread. Great bunch of guys.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:12 pm 

If there's any group I want to meet badly it's the Australian rat pack with gomorro tagging along. Then we go see DRD in concert. Then get piss drunk. That'd be something I'd really enjoy.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:20 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
I might like to meet Xeo, failsafe, Abom and a couple others. Just seem to have a lot in common. Well, maybe not as much with Abom, but he seems a cool fellow.
Shutdown wrote:
The day I meet any of you guys is the day I finally hit a rock hard bottom.
The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Yet to meet any in person but I am not so far from many of the forum goers in the Toronto, Montreal areas (I am right in-between the two.) and it would be fun the meet up with some of those folks in the future. As for specific people who would be awesome to meet: Xeogred, Failsafeman, Empyreal, and most of the regulars in the Heavy/Power/Speed thread. Great bunch of guys.

Clearly we must have a USPM brodown at some point. Don't worry, there's enough of me to go around ;)

This seems like it'd be a good opportunity to meet up. Central location, great bands.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next