Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:37 pm 

I am an avid military collector and wanted to create a place where MA members can discuss military memrobillia. Thanks, K.G.

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:52 pm 

Besides guns (which you can see on the gun thread), I have a Japanese WWII bayonet, a non-functioning Japanese Nambu pistol and a Russian WWII belt.
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:33 pm 

I humbly await the ownership of a Lee-Enfield 303 from my dad. My great grandfather traded with some returning soldiers his old tractor for some military equipment during ww2. It is a beast.

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm 

I collect repro Civil War memrobillia for reenactments. Other than that, I have an extensive Iraqi collection that I share with my father, a vet of Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom, a small German Collection (Mostly reenactment stuff), and an assortment of East German and Cold War stuff. Pictures are to come, as my camera is being repaired.

ArranoBeltza
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 pm 

Being in the Navy, I have a fair bit of modern militaria...

But more seriously, I picked up a Soviet garrison cap when I was in Hungary- that's really the only more recent piece of military memorabilia I can think of that's in my possession, and I'm not even sure if it's authentic or not.

One day I also stumbled upon Nazi propaganda booklets from the Bund Deutscher Mädel in a dumpster.

Last edited by ArranoBeltza on Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 pm 

Well, I got this (if you've seen the cover of Dismember's S/T, then you'll recognize it).
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:06 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

Seeing that reminded me of a Nazi dagger I have somewhere in the back of my closet. Not sure if it is real or a repro though.
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 pm 

gradymayhem wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Seeing that reminded me of a Nazi dagger I have somewhere in the back of my closet. Not sure if it is real or a repro though.

I've got a repro German dot44 camo uniform that I got for free from a group of re-enactors a while back. Also got a belt with the set that has a real buckle dated 1944. A book for all of the german collectors is Germany's Combat Helmets - 1933 - 1945: A Modern Study by my dads long time friend Ken Niewiarowicz. It may seem a bit pricy, but if you ask me, it is totally worth every penny. I think that it is the ultimate german militaria refrence guide for real, genuine helmets of the era. I actually own a redone Afrikacorps helmet that Ken rebuilt for me. The shell is original, but the liner and the paint are all new, as well as the chinstrap. The dacals are original, but were late war leftovers that were never used. I will get some pics of that stuff soon. Ken's site is www.nomanslandmilitaria.com. On here he sells things from various countries from WWI and WWII. His other site, www.germanhelmetsinc.com specializes in just german helmets, as evidenced by its URL. These are worthy of the praise of any avid collector. It may seem as if I am trying to over promote his things, but they are just amazing sites for collectors. A good site for Iraqi militaria collectors is http://z8.invisionfree.com/Iraq_militar ... /index.php. This forum is made up of Iraqi militaria collectors like myself. A site to avoid, if you are an iraqi collector, is The Iraqi Militaria History Forum, which is run by a loon named Lorenzo that sells phoney stuff at outrageous prices. K.G

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 pm 

Here is my first batch of pics. Here is the front view of my Afrikacorps helmet.

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm 

Here is the liner:

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:44 pm 

Here is the dated (a faithful reproduction) chinstrap:

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm 

This is a repro for a repro grey uniform that I am going to buy. I may re-enact in an SS unit, and this is an SS sleeve patch.

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 pm 

My SS breast eagle. It is a repro. Had to block out the swastika as not to offend anyone...

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:52 pm 

A german Demjansk battle shield. It is spoken for, otherwise I would place a price on it.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:25 am 

This is all very good pics. I am very interested in WW2, it's weapons, the combat, etc. so I enjoy seeing this thread :) More pictures please. As for Militaria thread, I have a real WW2 U.S. army Chevron that I got from a friend who in turn got it from his grandpa. I also have a Ka-bar knife, although its a replica.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:08 pm 

ralfikk123 wrote:
This is all very good pics. I am very interested in WW2, it's weapons, the combat, etc. so I enjoy seeing this thread :) More pictures please. As for Militaria thread, I have a real WW2 U.S. army Chevron that I got from a friend who in turn got it from his grandpa. I also have a Ka-bar knife, although its a replica.

Thanks! I have a tin Dewar's whisky box that is full with various wool and cotton chevrons that my dad gave me. I think that I have a full set of each. I will post those very soon. K.G

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:51 pm 

My favorite infantry division, the fighting 70th!

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:53 pm 

The 87th Infantry division:

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:56 pm 

Not real sure about this one... I know that it is an army patch, but other than that, it is pretty obscure. Got it from a vet that was in the unit. The bottom one is the 63rd infantry division.

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm 

Various patches. If you do not know what they are, ask because there is a shit ton to type for this one :-D

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm 

Another grouping. Same thing here, just ask if you want to know specifics...

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm 

An item that I hold near and dear to my heart is this, my great grandfather's Herringbone jacket that he wore through Europe from 1944 until he left and came back in 45. He passed away this summer and a bit before he passed away, he gave this to me. He specifically stated in the will that I was to have his shadow box with his medals from his service. I know for a fact that this will always be in my collection, no matter what! :hail: . K.G

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:05 pm 

ralfikk123 wrote:

For got about my kabar! I have an authentic WWII one from my Grandpa.
We'll bathe tonight

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:08 pm 

gradymayhem wrote:
ralfikk123 wrote:

For got about my kabar! I have an authentic WWII one from my Grandpa.

I have a k-bar knife that my dad carried during Desert Storm. They were standard issue to paratroopers in WWII and for everyone in Veitnam and Desert Storm. He also has a few commerative ones from Desert Storm and OIF. I will try to get pics soon. K.G

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:34 pm 

kgerych1995 wrote:

I used to have that patch, and not even as a collectible. I was in the unit.

But anyway, you don't need a separate post for each attachment. Just upload with imageshack or something and use [img]"link%20without%20quotations"[/img] and you can keep all the pics in 1 post.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:02 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
kgerych1995 wrote:

I used to have that patch, and not even as a collectible. I was in the unit.

But anyway, you don't need a separate post for each attachment. Just upload with imageshack or something and use [img]"link%20without%20quotations"[/img] and you can keep all the pics in 1 post.

My dad was in the unit, as a training unit out of fraiser MI from 87 until 94.

Ericfg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:57 am 

I've got a large collection of Soviet ODMs, including a nice Patriotic War-themed group, as well as a lot of documents. I've also collected two small but nice (IMO) Yugo and Mongolian sets and medium-sized TR and Imperial German groups.
Plus a buncha other miscellaneous things.....

I can try images if anyone's interested.

^ Nice AK helm, BTW!

kgerych1995
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:31 pm 

Ericfg wrote:
I've got a large collection of Soviet ODMs, including a nice Patriotic War-themed group, as well as a lot of documents. I've also collected two small but nice (IMO) Yugo and Mongolian sets and medium-sized TR and Imperial German groups.
Plus a buncha other miscellaneous things.....

I can try images if anyone's interested.

^ Nice AK helm, BTW!

Thanks! You should post pics! I have a bit of Soviet stuff, but not much. I have a ton of East German stuff though :-D

adders11
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:49 am 

I've got quite a lot of stuff, old and new. I have a few British DPM 85 pattern uniforms (and some of the most recent DPM uniforms) plus a full set of 58 pattern webbing. I've got some American gear worth mentioning too - a pair of genuine Vietnam OG-107 trousers and an M1 helmet with woodland cover from around the early '80's (just when it's service was coming to an end). I have some reproduction stuff which I bought for airsoft purposes like a couple of tiger-stripe uniforms and an OG-107 shirt though these aren't exactly 'collectables'.

hij
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm 

cool

Reply to topic