Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:31 am 

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah wrote:
One album I always become slightly obsessed with when I really get into it is World Coming Down. The songs are just so fucking massive! It is a positively crushing listening experience, but unlike a lot of metal it maintains a radiant beauty that keeps the experience pleasant and dreamy.

Same here. It's sort of apocalyptic but in a positive way, those heavy as hell doom riffs balanced with eerily bewitching atmosphere and soothing deep baritone of Peter Steele, it's just fucking massive as you said. Surely one of the best albums ever.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:38 am 

So I listened to Portal for the first time. I'm kind of disappointed. Didn't find them as bizarre and unnerving as everyone says they are. In fact, one of the member's side-bands, Impetuous Ritual makes me feel a lot more uneasy.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am 

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Te ... tabs_notes
So....anyone have any idea why I can't figure out how to get the second interval's Cuneiform script to show up anywhere, even with the correct fonts?

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 pm 

Napero wrote:
I was browsing through the radio channels on my way to work to find some news. Instead, I found a chick singing something along the lines of "make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world" or something. We are lucky that Eva Braun never said that to Hitler.

That's Rihanna - Only Girl

Why do I know this.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:46 pm 

^ cos you live on Earth.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:48 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
So I listened to Portal for the first time. I'm kind of disappointed. Didn't find them as bizarre and unnerving as everyone says they are. In fact, one of the member's side-bands, Impetuous Ritual makes me feel a lot more uneasy.

I think the only time their music has made me feel genuinely uneasy was the first time I listened to Outre, on a long drive to the MS coast in the middle of the night. Other than that, I tend to listen to Portal for the weird riffing, which still delivers for me. Still need to see them live! As far as recordings go, I'm slowly starting to share your opinion; the other bands doing Portal type stuff seem to be more convincing nowadays. On the topic of Portal and related music, I can't wait for Grave Upheaval's LP to come out. I spin their side of their split with Manticore rather frequently.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm 

I've been up and down voting bands on several 'similar artists' lists on the MA band pages. I was quite nonchalant about that feature earlier but it's only now that I'm paying greater attention to it.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:47 pm 

I really wish more people used it, it's a nifty little feature and can be really helpful since there are so many knowledgeable folks around here. There are some issues with the obvious noob votes (like every single new death metal band having a zillion Incantation votes), but they're pretty easy to sift through.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 pm 

Yup, definitely a great feature to discover new music. In most cases, they do get it right but I know what you mean with the Incantation-like mentions when there are obviously subtleties to every sub-genre. It definitely is annoying to see that. Can noob votes possibly be decimated by mods/administrators/thechosenfew who have higher voting capacity? Does that exist? Or are we living in an egalitarian world? :roll:

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 pm 

shouvince wrote:
Yup, definitely a great feature to discover new music. In most cases, they do get it right but I know what you mean with the Incantation-like mentions when there are obviously subtleties to every sub-genre. It definitely is annoying to see that. Can noob votes possibly be decimated by mods/administrators/thechosenfew who have higher voting capacity? Does that exist? Or are we living in an egalitarian world? :roll:

Mod votes are worth five points ;)

Doesn't beat out the sheer numbers of noob votes though. Oh well, can't win 'em all. Most people will know the difference and if they don't, oh well, if they're looking at that tab in the first place, it means they'll probably get better at it.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:04 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
shouvince wrote:

Mod votes are worth five points ;)

Doesn't beat out the sheer numbers of noob votes though. Oh well, can't win 'em all. Most people will know the difference and if they don't, oh well, if they're looking at that tab in the first place, it means they'll probably get better at it.

Oh! Haha but it's only fitting :thumbsup:

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:46 pm 

I have a court date in three days for a speeding ticket and the county of San Bernandino hasn't sent my notification in the mail to either the house in Nevada the car is registered in, or my address here in California. Mother fucker. All I wanna do is pay the bill online so I don't have to leave at four in the morning to drive a few hours :annoyed:

Oh. And I have class that evening too.

Cinerary
Fuckin' killed a guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:20 pm 

If you type in do the Harlem shake into YouTube, the site does the Harlem shake.

Fuck YouTube.

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:46 pm 

iAm wrote:
I have a court date in three days for a speeding ticket and the county of San Bernandino hasn't sent my notification in the mail to either the house in Nevada the car is registered in, or my address here in California. Mother fucker. All I wanna do is pay the bill online so I don't have to leave at four in the morning to drive a few hours :annoyed:

Huh... You have to appear in court for a speeding ticket that you admit was rightfully issued? And best of all, the court takes place in a city a few hours away? Do you live far away from a large residental center or is it just some dumb bureaucratic thing?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:50 pm 

Trust Google to jump on the trend-train. I waited for something to happen and then cringed :annoyed: I have to admit though, there's ONLY one video which amused me the least and it's this one. :oh shit:

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 pm 

MacMoney wrote:
Huh... You have to appear in court for a speeding ticket that you admit was rightfully issued? And best of all, the court takes place in a city a few hours away? Do you live far away from a large residential center or is it just some dumb bureaucratic thing?

A combination of the two I'm pretty sure; the closest big city to me is Los Angeles and that's still a five-six hour drive depending on traffic. I was supposed to get something in the mail to instruct me how to make the payment online, and have gotten those in the past for traffic violations but I didn't receive one so... yeah. I'm just gonna go down there.

edit: it's just to pay the fine, not contest anything

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:45 pm 

Cinerary wrote:
If you type in do the Harlem shake into YouTube, the site does the Harlem shake.

Fuck YouTube.

Thats nothing. The Skrillex Mothership forum literally has a Harlem Shake button that makes it do the same.
Hehe, foreskins.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:46 pm 

you have a copy of the ticket right? with the citation number? a lot of county/city/whatever jursidiction governments have websites that will instruct you how to go about paying either over the phone or on the website itself. I'd recommend googling whatever jurisdiction gave you the citation and seeing if you can find something on your own before giving into driving multiple hourse just to pay a fine.

also, i am happy to say I am blissfully ignorant of whatever this harlem shake thing is you guys are talking about.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:01 pm 

Crick wrote:
Cinerary wrote:

Fuck YouTube.

Thats nothing. The Skrillex Mothership forum literally has a Harlem Shake button that makes it do the same.

You two really don't know the half of it. My avicii fanpage has a Pop A Molly I'm Sweating feature that makes your computer screen emit water and fry your hard drive.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:18 pm 

I wonder what you'd even put on an Avicii fanpage. The video for Levels and then "And those other singles" at the bottom of the page.
Hehe, foreskins.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 pm 

In one twenty minute trip to the record store, I got a job, forty five bucks, three free CDs and a bunch of old albums I didn't want off of my hands. Nice, eh?

During said trip I picked up the new Esham album. Ima pack me a bowl, smoke the fuck out of it, and listen to it while walking around the city at night. Sounds about right.

Feeling good.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm 

In one twenty minute trip to the record store, I got a job, forty five bucks, three free CDs and a bunch of old albums I didn't want off of my hands. Nice, eh?

During said trip I picked up the new Esham album. Ima pack me a bowl, smoke the fuck out of it, and listen to it while walking around the city at night. Sounds about right.

Feeling good.

I am envious of you.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode= ... mID=186892
So McCready and McKagan joined forces on a new project. Sounds like it could be be cool.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm 

Crick wrote:
I wonder what you'd even put on an Avicii fanpage. The video for Levels and then "And those other singles" at the bottom of the page.

Most of it is pictures of beautiful teens in neon body paint.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm 

Feeling good.

Lucky bastard.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm 

I really want to work in a record store :( I'm applying for many jobs right now on the net, there's a kitchen helper job in a chocolaterie near my place, would be cool to get that. And it's like 15/20 hours so it won't be a problem when I'll start my internship in 1 month.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:10 pm 

I started doing the job hunting thing again after just giving up a few months ago. Whenever I do it I'm almost instantly put into a really foul mood and I become completely unapproachable. That's how much I can't stand it.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:14 pm 

Seriously, living in a two horse town in the middle of nowhere doesn't help either. Right now I would rather focus on school since I only have a semester left.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:39 pm 

I'm on a job hunt as well. I quit my last one in January. Since the first week of Feb, I've been trying to get better at the guitar and a bunch of other things, you know take time off. However, I started applying just recently (possibly 10 days back). Got rejected by a company yesterday :/ And I'm starting to get a little antsy coz money is going out of my savings. I hope something works out soon. Anyway, good luck to ya'll :thumbsup:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:41 pm 

Foodservice jobs are the worst they'll make you never want to eat out again. I've seen some horrible shit in my days at work.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

ThouShaltSuffer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm 

Cringe-worthy bullcrap redacted.

Last edited by ThouShaltSuffer on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:26 pm 

just stumbled across this linked by someone on facebook. Actually made me laugh it's so awful. Some of it is just plain false, and the rest is generic as hell, even if it gets one or two right. mu is fucking AIDs.

Spoiler: show

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:40 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:
Unfunny pictures

No. Just no.

ThouShaltSuffer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:45 pm 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
ThouShaltSuffer wrote:
Unfunny pictures

No. Just no.

Cringe-worthy bullcrap redacted.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:
stupid shit

Please leave this board at once.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:25 pm 

iAm wrote:
Please leave this board at once.

He already did.

This is why we can't have nice things, people. And by nice things, I mean wonderful stuff like male panda bears climbing butt first as high into a tree as they can, to pee as high as they can, to attract females. Or super happy fun water slides and ice cream courtesy of the richest man on the board. Or the idea that we could make MILLIONS by creating a convincing forged rhino horn for rich Chinese impotent folks. No, instead of flowers, balloons, hearts pierced by Cupid's randomly errant arrows leading to omnisexual paradise, teddy bears, BBQ ribs clocking in at 300 000 Scoville, and a free and very cool looking Smart convertible for everyone involved, we get a locked thread and some depressing downtime to all the fun things, just because someone thought a bunch of memes as forced as a shy person's urine sample in the special olympics is worth more than semi-civil discussion. Yes, the crap on the linked facebook page will be considered worth a week-long chill pill in the future, because IT IS NOT FUNNY. Those things are turds someone simply had to force out after a prolonged mental constipation. Keep them out of here, and be original instead.

And for the record, for a layman, that list of albums would not be a bad start at being a metalhead. Anyone claiming otherwise is a smartass hipster metalhead wannabe elitist, and probably wishes so hard that he'd have access to the real underground, and could get, shit, something cool like a Vomit Sodomy demo, but simply can't because of... things....

Leave the hall.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 823, 824, 825, 826, 827