Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:40 am 

Greetings,
With multiple futile attempts I have failed to track down a movie I watched and need to know its name. Would be great if anyone could help.
It's a horror movie from recent years, about a curse that infects people who then go on a killing spree once they hear those voices. There are some red writings on the walls of the houses where the murders are done. And the curse goes on and on.

Opening scene: An elderly man gets out of his car on a quiet afternoon in a countryside, walks into a house with a shotgun and murders a couple of people inside the house.
Then he goes to the neighboring house, as if possessed, just across the street and does the same there. I think he also mumbles some mantra repetitively and/or writes the name of that curse with blood on the interior walls of the house...
Can't for the life of me find the name of that badass movie. Any help will be appreciated.
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote: I'm not interested in doing a trade anymore. I saw your post history and all you do is complain and call everything nazi. I'm not a nazi or racist but it's annoying as shit. Don't bother to respond. I won't read it.

Last edited by Floodland on Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
milosh111
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:16 pm 

Sounds like The Bye Bye Man from 2017. I wouldn't call that movie badass, but the initial concept is interesting...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4030600/

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:34 am 

No man, that's not the movie by a long shot. When I say badass, I mean badass. You gave me a teenage "horror" movie not unlike any other Hollywood "horror" for kids on their summer vacation (you know what I mean), while I was referring to another, completely different movie. Albeit an American production from what I can recall, it has a lot in common in terms of production and atmosphere with Sinister, the original.

Thanks for your time and thanks in advance to anyone who could help.
The Ardbeg Wizard wrote: I'm not interested in doing a trade anymore. I saw your post history and all you do is complain and call everything nazi. I'm not a nazi or racist but it's annoying as shit. Don't bother to respond. I won't read it.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:22 pm 

You sure it wasn't Sinister 2? Because that exists.

From Within, maybe?

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:52 pm 

Sinister 2 is basically unwatchable. I am talking about a movie that has class and atmosphere like Sinister the original, Hereditary, and such.
From Within is on par with any other horror-for-Teenagers movie out there.
I'm talking about some mantra you can't repeat, some bloody writing on the walls, some senseless murders with no apparent cause by people who seem mesmerized, a curse of sorts that possesses people and so own, but a lot more sinister and nerve wrecking and of high caliber than your usual 'living curse that passes on and makes people kill each other' movie out there...

Thanks!

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:30 pm 

We need more information.

How recent are we talking? 2020? 2019? 2009?
What does the writing on the walls say?
What do the voices say?
What are some of the actors' names? What about the characters' names?
Was it an American/Canadian production? A Spanish production? Czech? Japanese? Indonesian?

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:57 pm 

An American production I guess, from the passing 5 years or so would be as far as my recollection allows.

Opening scene: An elderly man gets out of his car on a quiet sun drenched noon or afternoon in a countryside, walks into a house with a shotgun and murders a couple of people inside the house.
Then he goes to the neighboring house, as if possessed, just across the street and does the same there. I think he also mumbles some mantra repetitively and/or writes the name of that curse with blood on the interior walls of the house...

Then the titles of the movie begin...

Hemwick
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:23 pm 

Hey you might have better luck on this board

https://www.extremehorrorcinema.com/

DeadKid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:10 pm 

Film discussion on RateYourMusic should also be a good place to try: https://rateyourmusic.com/group/film/

Floodland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 am 

Thanks guys! I'm going to try those solutions, as it drives me crazy...

Reply to topic