Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:01 pm 

So, while we (still) wait for a new album from these guys, we get another live DVD. It's called Rammstein: Paris. Here's a trailer:

Youtube: show

Kind of a redudant release if you ask me, but still I'm gonna pick it up. I'm that big of a fan! :lol:

Meanwhile, they've said that they already have 35 new songs, but that they have no idea when the new album is coming out. It was supposed to come out this year, but there are already rumours that it will only be next year. That will be NINE FUCKING YEARS of waiting!

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:28 pm 

i will most likely get it because i am a huge fan(oddly enough have not listened to their most recent album which isnt that new anyways) but i doubt it will be better than Volkerball, but i will still get it

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 pm 

IMHO, I thought the last album was pretty good. I don't think you'll be disappointed. ;)

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:39 pm 

i should actually sit down and listen to it, everyone seems to like it a lot and i have heard a few songs and just have not been able to enjoy it, but i need to actually just listen to the album, i think all their albums are great so i should like that one too(Mutter being the best purely because its the album that got me into them, Sonne being the first song i ever heard from them)

chaossphere
Metal Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 pm 

The last album was their best since Mutter.. I'll take quality over quantity any day so they can take as long as they want. As for this new DVD, I'll do what I did with the last two.. wait until the price drops wayyyy down :lol:

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:37 pm 

Originally I was thinking to purchase it as I enjoyed In Amerika but then I saw three clips and the editing is god awful, there's like not even 1 second on some shots. Like a kid with ADD and a case of red bull edited the damn thing, Jonas Åkerlund really dropped the ball. And I do love how he says "he edited it like a music video" when his music videos have more established comprehensible shots than any clip shown here.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 pm 

Meh, anyone else feel like Rammstein is pulling the whole "we don't feel like recording the new album, so we'll just release live dvds every 2-3 years to placate the record label" shtick?

Ambient techno @ https://valcove.bandcamp.com/album/eastward | https://soundcloud.com/valcove

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:21 pm 

Kind of. It's just weird to me to release a new song in live format (in June last year) to get folks hyped then not actually release said song or any song, nor any album update beyond the "it has 35 tracks" spiel one year later. Either they've making a bloated double album nobody asked for or they're mulling over finicky ego bullshit like what member gets what song on the album. Problem with having a six piece band with one member who doesn't want to do it - Flake, one member who wants to actually be a skilled drummer but is told to play basic two beat shit and others who are "busy" vacationing in Paris or on a luxury yacht somewhere.

Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:34 pm 

I just found the tracklisting here:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rammstein:_Paris

But I'm worried because it seems there won't be a DVD release, and I don't own a blu-ray player... :(

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:48 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
Meh, anyone else feel like Rammstein is pulling the whole "we don't feel like recording the new album, so we'll just release live dvds every 2-3 years to placate the record label" shtick?

Yes, from everything I'm hearing about them. I haven't bought an album since Rosenrot, though I did listen to some Liebe is fuer alle Da. I have their logo tattooed on my leg, if that counts, though, and I don't regret it. I listened to them all the time in the late 90s/early 00s. I should check out the stuff they've put out since, though, I suppose.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

Reply to topic