Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:57 am 

In wrote:
I've been lurking the site since 2005, but I never thought about posting on the forum until now. My name is BreadGod. ("In" is simply a relic of when I first tried to apply for membership.) I'm 21 and I've been listening to metal since I was 13. My main areas of study are death metal and black metal, but I also love me some Touhou music. I also operate a metal review blog called The Autistic Metalhead. I'm not going to bore you with a list of my favorite bands, so here's a link to my Last.fm profile instead.

BreadGod? White or wholegrain? :-D Welcome aboard and expect a Last.fm request from me soon if that's ok.

DreamTheater3 wrote:
Hi. As you can see, I've had a few posts already, and I have already made some dumbass mistakes on this forum. Sorry about that. But anyway, I am a young, rather odd kid who loves all types of metal, but I tend to lean toward the doom/prog genres. My favorite bands in metal are Dream Theater (who would've guessed!), Electric Wizard, The Melvins, Isis, Sleep, etc., but I also like plenty outside of metal like Tool, Nirvana, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, etc. I've done a few (rather mediocre) reviews here too, but I never explored the forum until a few weeks ago. I also enjoy writing short stories, even if I'm not particularly good at it, but I try to improve my writing. Hopefully I didn't bore you too much with this post!

I commend you on your music taste (even though I don't like stoner or sludge; but I am a massive Dream Theater fan) except for Tool and Nirvana (don't like Tool, and Nirvana have a handful of good songs). Welcome.

Kevbo wrote:
Ah, the obligatory "HAI I'M NEW!" thread. I feel at home already!

I've been utilizing the Archives for awhile now for my work as an editorial/review writer at another site (which I will not plug. I have some shame.) and figured it was about time to see what else this site had to offer beyond information. This place seems pretty chill, but appearances are most often a deception.

As far as metal goes, I like anything that conveys a sense of epicness that I cannot really describe without making a fool of myself (trust me, I've tried). It may help to know some of my favorites;

Devin Townsend/Strapping Young Lad
Iron Maiden
Metallica (mostly nostalgia, and a warm place in my heart for being my first metal experience)
Mastodon
Mayhem
Opeth
Symphony X
Meshuggah
(Early-Mid)In Flames
Cradle Of Filth
Nile
Immolation

And that list goes on and on and on. I also am the most amateur of amateur musicians, I basically fiddle-fuck with guitar and bass and am waiting for the stars to align proper to begin dedicating myself in more professional manner to drumming. I'm basically an all-around decent dude just looking for some decent conversation, new music and hopefully a few laughs along the way.

Hi.

Hi. Expect plenty of laughs. Welcome.

MikiMassacre wrote:
Just discovered this site. Fuck yeah.

Fuck yeah indeed. Welcome.

Thiestru wrote:
I'm not really new to MA, but I've only posted a few times on the forum, so I guess I'm a newbie there. I've written a handful of album reviews over the past few years (of varying quality; I'm probably proudest of my Diabolical Masquerade 'Nightwork' review), and intend to write more (eventually). This has been a very valuable resource to me in my perennial quest for more metal, and it appears to be the 'home' of many intelligent and often funny people, so I think I'll stick around. In closing: hello please.

-Ryan

I think I may have seen a few reviews of yours (the 'Nightwork' review was pretty good to my recollection. Hello please to you too and welcome.

Inconjunct wrote:
I just discovered this site, the recommendation threads are fucking great!

Indeed they are, the Heavy/Speed/Power thread is the best by general consensus. Welcome aboard.

pbsisbad
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:57 pm 

I am PBSisBAD. I am kinda new here (I have shed the Mallcore kid moniker however.) I am 15 years old, and I listen to all kinds of metal, but particularly melodic death metal. I have been looking up bands in the archives for a number of years, and I knew they had forums, so I joined a few months back. Since I dropped the "Mallcore kid" title, I have become more active.

I listen to Melodic Death Metal, Metalcore (non-emo), Death , Thrash, and Black Metal. I am open to absolutely anything, as I listen to a few Doom metal and Punk Rock songs.

Obviously as a 15 year old American, I am a student. Not a happy or consentual student, but a student nonetheless. I consider myself a Libertarian minarchist. I consider myself a misanthrope, because I really see no good in anyone (including myself). I am a practicing Catholic strangely enough.

I hope to fit in well with you guys.
So you go to a show, and you can't mosh... who cares. Are you there to run into people or to listen to the music? If you want to run into people go to the mall and run through groups of mall goths or something for fun.

TIMJ Profile

Zyphyr
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 am 

Hey guys and gals, I'm Zyphyr and I like to party.

I've been recruited to this forum from another that was overrun with trolls and immature children and I needed a change so I'm stoked to be here.

As far as metal goes I'm into a lot of progressive, technical bands:
Animals as Leaders, Corelia, Dream Theater, Ever Forthright, The Human Abstract, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Of Legends, Opeth, Periphery, Protest the Hero.. To name a few. I'll listen to literally anything though, good music is good music.

I spend the majority of my time playing guitar, writing music and recording and mixing said music. I'm currently a college student studying Music Industry Arts, which kicks the shit out of any other schooling I've ever done.

Anyway, I hope to get along with all of you, have some good times, a couple laughs, etc..

Cheers,

Zy

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 am 

pbsisbad wrote:
I am PBSisBAD. I am kinda new here (I have shed the Mallcore kid moniker however.) I am 15 years old, and I listen to all kinds of metal, but particularly melodic death metal. I have been looking up bands in the archives for a number of years, and I knew they had forums, so I joined a few months back. Since I dropped the "Mallcore kid" title, I have become more active.

I listen to Melodic Death Metal, Metalcore (non-emo), Death , Thrash, and Black Metal. I am open to absolutely anything, as I listen to a few Doom metal and Punk Rock songs.

Obviously as a 15 year old American, I am a student. Not a happy or consentual student, but a student nonetheless. I consider myself a Libertarian minarchist. I consider myself a misanthrope, because I really see no good in anyone (including myself). I am a practicing Catholic strangely enough.

I hope to fit in well with you guys.

Welcome pbsisbad! Don't worry, you'll fit well as long you respect the rules! Have a great time in the archives! :-D

Zyphyr wrote:
Hey guys and gals, I'm Zyphyr and I like to party.

I've been recruited to this forum from another that was overrun with trolls and immature children and I needed a change so I'm stoked to be here.

As far as metal goes I'm into a lot of progressive, technical bands:
Animals as Leaders, Corelia, Dream Theater, Ever Forthright, The Human Abstract, Lamb of God, Mastodon, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Of Legends, Opeth, Periphery, Protest the Hero.. To name a few. I'll listen to literally anything though, good music is good music.

I spend the majority of my time playing guitar, writing music and recording and mixing said music. I'm currently a college student studying Music Industry Arts, which kicks the shit out of any other schooling I've ever done.

Anyway, I hope to get along with all of you, have some good times, a couple laughs, etc..

Cheers,

Zy

Hello Zyphyr! A great list of bands there, I'm a fan of all of them, maybe not that much of LoG :-P
But Ever Forthright has to be one of my favorites discoveries of 2011, really talented guys, same goes to Corelia.

Welcome to the archives guys! :-D

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

MariusBR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 am 

Hi, my name is Marius and I`m from Norway. Im turning 26 in a few days, and my plan for the future is to keep cramming my ears with sprawling and visceral musical grit.

My first ever favourite band: Metallica
My first ever "cannot possibly do anything wrong"-favourites: The Drones (from Australia, you should really check them out)
The album that got me interessed in metal again: Vektor - Black Future

So as you can see, my newfound interest in metal has brought me here. I had my years of listening to Black Sabbath, Slayer, Metallica, Slipknot, Korn, Mayhem, Satyricon and the likes that follow with the alternative in Norway. Now the years of garage, punk and singer-songwriters seem to draw towards closure, as for the two past years I`ve been ensnared by the complexity of what good metal can mean.

At first I thought metal was a tad unpersonal and charmless music. I never realised full potential, and still have not.

I have made the change of musical-preferences at a rather fucked time in my life, as the saying goes: "friends come and go", sure they have done in my life too. I`m currently resided in a crappy small community, attending a school i should have finished 10 years ago, and me and my girlfriend live here despite the fact that there are close to nobody interesting people to befriend. Thus extreme metal became more important, in what seems to be the execution of my younger years. I don`t want the memories or the lingering feeling other music styles offer, it`s just not right for me at this time.

Memories for happy, social people - music for happy, social people.
My metal makes me understand that struggeling against loneliness will only make you more stuck in it,
this fact works for me, and what is more amazing is that metal makes me understand this - not through lyrics- but through demanding my attention and holding on to my attention.

Someday you too will grow(l) older than what you are today - just mind the gap and rock on to metal.

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:11 pm 

MariusBR wrote:
Hi, my name is Marius and I`m from Norway. Im turning 26 in a few days, and my plan for the future is to keep cramming my ears with sprawling and visceral musical grit.

My first ever "cannot possibly do anything wrong"-favourites: The Drones (from Australia, you should really check them out)

So as you can see, my newfound interest in metal has brought me here. I had my years of listening to Black Sabbath, Slayer, Metallica, Slipknot, Korn, Mayhem, Satyricon and the likes that follow with the alternative in Norway. Now the years of garage, punk and singer-songwriters seem to draw towards closure, as for the two past years I`ve been ensnared by the complexity of what good metal can mean.

At first I thought metal was a tad unpersonal and charmless music. I never realised full potential, and still have not.

I have made the change of musical-preferences at a rather fucked time in my life, as the saying goes: "friends come and go", sure they have done in my life too. I`m currently resided in a crappy small community, attending a school i should have finished 10 years ago, and me and my girlfriend live here despite the fact that there are close to nobody interesting people to befriend. Thus extreme metal became more important, in what seems to be the execution of my younger years. I don`t want the memories or the lingering feeling other music styles offer, it`s just not right for me at this time.

My metal makes me understand that struggeling against loneliness will only make you more stuck in it,
this fact works for me, and what is more amazing is that metal makes me understand this - not through lyrics- but through demanding my attention and holding on to my attention.

Someday you too will grow(l) older than what you are today - just mind the gap and rock on to metal.

Welcpme! :3 Where in Norway do you live ?

MariusBR
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:13 pm 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
MariusBR wrote:

Welcpme! :3 Where in Norway do you live ?

Trøndelag, off course :F

Metalhoerer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:48 pm 

Hi my name is Tony, I´m 18 and study at the university of Zurich, I like to play (electric) violin or a little bit of electric guitar. I also play battlefield a lot. My favorite genres are thrash/death and lately also stoner/doom.

I normally listen to Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Death and Obituary if there is no new band in sight to listen to.

I´m getting into stoner doom and starting to find new bands everyday. Would be cool if you´re into stoner/doom and could recommend me some bands.

Nice to be in a forum with other metalheads and share things. \,,/

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 am 

Metalhoerer wrote:
Hi my name is Tony, I´m 18 and study at the university of Zurich, I like to play (electric) violin or a little bit of electric guitar. I also play battlefield a lot. My favorite genres are thrash/death and lately also stoner/doom.

I normally listen to Bolt Thrower, Carcass, Death and Obituary if there is no new band in sight to listen to.

I´m getting into stoner doom and starting to find new bands everyday. Would be cool if you´re into stoner/doom and could recommend me some bands.

Nice to be in a forum with other metalheads and share things. \,,/

BOLT THROWER!!! :headbang:

Have a great time in the archives!

HorrorClown
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:26 am 

Hello I'm Kristian and I like band such as Nightwish, Finntroll, Rammstein, Tiamat, Tristania, Cradle of Filth, Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden are also a good band, my favourite band is Nightwish!

Amber Gray
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am 

Hey, here's my tunes: http://www.last.fm/user/templeruins

Questions?

[New release] Noosefiller - Noosefilller (Technical/Progressive Black Metal)
Q'uq'umatz (Avant-garde/progressive metal/psychedelic/noise rock)

Hermit life
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:34 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/user/anonymousDerp?feature=mhee

my youtube channel. It doesn't have all the stuff I listen to on it but it's a good portrait of my musical interests

MentalVortex1991
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:13 am 

Hello, I am Rob, I have recently discovered the site and has made my discovering experience a hell of a lot easier now of which I commend you dear mods and administrators. I mainly listen to Thrash Metal, recently been listening to some more Death, like Exhumed, Bolt Thrower and Pestilence, but I still mainly Thrash. Coroner being my absolute favorite band (duh), my other favorites include Judas Priest (the first band that really pulled me into Heavy Metal with the thundering Painkiller drum intro of which made feel "this was my genre of music"), Heathen, Exodus, Overkill, Asphyx, Artillery, Watchtower, Slayer and Saint Vitus.

Nagisaaaa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:02 am 

Hello my name is Veraa, i'm from belgium and i discover this forum just by random surfing on the internet xD Anyway, cool site for finding new bands. Also quite fun to find bands on this site who i know personally xD

Uhm, i like thrash metal a lot but also death and glam. But i'm really bad in putting bands in the right genres xd If the music is good, then idgaf what kind of genre it is :')
A few of my favorite bands are: Slayer (DUH c:), motorhead, Warrant, Twisted Sister, Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust,...

Crowfoot
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:59 am 

Hi , im bloody new to all this so im gonna be a pain and ask dumb questions! Wondering where on this forum is a good place to find out about gig guides for Norways Black Metal Scene . I am going there in July and havnt got a clue where to start , been looking online for weeks and getting pissed off and nowhere.
Anyway i get into Folk/Black Metal, love Windir(obviously i wont see them in Norway), Cor Scorpii , Finntroll, Ensiferum, etc etc ........
Cheers hope someone will help me and not just take the piss

InfinitumOz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:18 am 

Hi all, I'm Nathan. Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm 32, from Australia, been into metal since about age 9 or 10 and am a guitarist in 2 bands, INFINITUM and WRETCH. See ya in the forums.....

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm 

InfinitumOz wrote:
Hi all, I'm Nathan. Longtime lurker, first time poster. I'm 32, from Australia, been into metal since about age 9 or 10 and am a guitarist in 2 bands, INFINITUM and WRETCH. See ya in the forums.....

Welcome to the forum! I just searched MA for Infinitum. Technical death metal ey? I should really check your band out some time this week. Looks interesting.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:46 pm 

InfinitumOz wrote:

Wow man, just checked Infinitum, GREAT band! Welcome to the archives, have a good time. :thumbsup:

InfinitumOz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I just searched MA for Infinitum. Technical death metal ey? I should really check your band out some time this week. Looks interesting.

Cheers mate. Yeah i guess you could call it technical. Not as tech as say, Beneath the Massacre or something like that, more along the lines of "Peirced from Within" era-Suffocation style death. Will post a link to the facbook page in the promo thread when i get a chance

InfinitumOz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm 

[quote="IntoNevermore]Wow man, just checked Infinitum, GREAT band! Welcome to the archives, have a good time. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Cheers for the feedback mate, glad you like it :-)
We're real close to releasing our second album too, so no doubt i'll be posting about that real soon, haha

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:15 pm 

InfinitumOz wrote:

Holy shit, you're in Infinitum? I have owned Behold Eradication for a while now. Great album. Welcome aboard, mate.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:14 am 

InfinitumOz wrote:
IntoNevermore wrote:
Wow man, just checked Infinitum, GREAT band! Welcome to the archives, have a good time. :thumbsup:

Cheers for the feedback mate, glad you like it :-)
We're real close to releasing our second album too, so no doubt i'll be posting about that real soon, haha

Glad to hear that! I'll definitely give it a listen when it comes out!

InfinitumOz
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 am 

MikeyC wrote:
InfinitumOz wrote:

Holy shit, you're in Infinitum? I have owned Behold Eradication for a while now. Great album. Welcome aboard, mate.

Thanks man. Keep an eye out for the new one, eh! ;-)

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 am 

InfinitumOz wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Thanks man. Keep an eye out for the new one, eh! ;-)

Will do! :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:27 pm 

MsSvartmetall wrote:
XJuliusX wrote:
Jejeje!!! Unfortunately or not (for you) I dislike Manowar!!!

How can someone dislike Manowar ? :O

I do, too, apart from Battle Hymns. Sometimes, rarely, I enjoy stuff like Gods of War.

Pantheisticon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:21 pm 

I guess I'm a newbie. :D Been using the site for years, though.

MsSvartmetall
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
MsSvartmetall wrote:
How can someone dislike Manowar ? :O

I do, too, apart from Battle Hymns. Sometimes, rarely, I enjoy stuff like Gods of War.

Seems like I'm the only one who doesn't dislike them .. xD

Pantheisticon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:14 pm 

Well, I guess I'll take a bit about myself.

I'm Randall. Been into metal since I was little. My dad was a huge King Diamond/Testament fan and introduced to some good shit. I'm now 17, going to uni in August. I like a lot of music, not just metal.
For metal I usually listen to anything weird. I don't care for stuff like Cannibal Corpse/Exodus/Mayhem who are just straightforward metal. I like stuff that has depth to it. I sound pretentious, but fuck it. I like Agalloch, Alcest, Devin Townsend, motW, Neurosis, etc..........

I also like underground hip hop.

kthxbaii

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:16 pm 

Pantheisticon wrote:

I'm Randall. Been into metal since I was little. My dad was a huge King Diamond/Testament fan and introduced to some good shit. I'm now 17, going to uni in August. I like a lot of music, not just metal.
For metal I usually listen to anything weird. I don't care for stuff like Cannibal Corpse/Exodus/Mayhem who are just straightforward metal. I like stuff that has depth to it. I sound pretentious, but fuck it. I like Agalloch, Alcest, Devin Townsend, motW, Neurosis, etc..........

kthxbaii

Welcome Randy. Besides saying that your dad is fucking awesome, I'll recommend you StarGazer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJWltcg ... re=related
From what you say, they might be of your interest :wink:

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:57 pm 

Pantheisticon wrote:

kthxbaii

Great bands you have there man, welcome aboard! have a great time! :thumbsup:

Daxtertest
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:41 pm 

I'm Adrian. I am 15 (16 in June) and I'm currently in 10th grade. I first came across Metal at the age of 12, starting with AC/DC (even though they're considered to be Hard Rock, everyone has to start some where) and Hatebreed (I managed to get over that band in 9th grade). I then stared to get into bands like Metallica, Slayer, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin, and Ozzy Osbourne later in my life. I got into shit-stained bands like Slipknot (A.K.A. Slapnuts), Avenged Sevenfold, and those crappy -core bands at the VERY wrong time in my life. Luckily, I lost interest in those kind of bands in November 2011, thanks to Metal: A Headbanger's Journey (which did change half of my perspective on life and music), but I did lose interest in those -core bands before I saw the documentary. I am now currently trying to dig deeper into the Heavy Metal genre (and sub genres) for really kick ass bands to get into and see them live, since I never been to a metal concert in my life (but I am planning to ONCE I get some money together).

Yes, I did notice that I WAS listening to non-metal bands (Slapnuts, Hatebreed, Attack Attack!, etc.), but that is permanently ALL behind me now. And thanks to this website, I can now look for some awesome bands to listen to and expand my interest and knowledge of Heavy Metal.

I also like a little bit of Punk Rock.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 am 

Welcome brotha. I always like hearing the metalhead's progress.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Malexecration
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:26 pm 

Greetings to all,

I've been using the archives database for several years now, but never posted on any of the forums :p
Long time fan of most metal genres. I currently drum for Infernal Conjuration and Templus Execrato (not listed on the archives).
Looking forward to meeting new people.

Cheers!
-A.

Unblessed Domain
https://www.facebook.com/UnblessedDomain/

Omision
https://www.facebook.com/omision/

Demoralisation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:32 am 

Howdy,
same here!I'm an impassionate fan of Black Metal,in particular the polish one (Infernal War,Kriegsmaschine,Mgla,Arkona,Thunderbolt),but I also listen a lot to good old Heavy and Thrash Metal.
Been playing drums in my band called Cremulator -which also isn't registered in MA yet- since the beginning and hopefully there are more Metal fascinated musicians around to discuss with ; ).
Greets,
Demoralisation

FromADistance
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:12 pm 

Evening, all. I've been frequenting M-A for donkey's years but never thought to join the forum before. I'm a huge fan of power and progressive metal with a massive fetish for doom metal, and as a singer-songwriter I'm trying in vain to combine the three in a way that doesn't make me sound like While Heaven Wept (not because I don't like them, but because I don't want to get sued).

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm 

Welcome, be sure to check the recommendation central (we have a Heavy/power/speed help thread and a Doom one as well.) Also, Also. I'll tell you to cool off with the posts, 17 posts in one day is a bit too much for this forum. Quality over quantity :)

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
(...) 17 posts in one day is a bit too much for this forum. Quality over quantity :)

Guess I'm somewhat of a post junkie, considering the number of comments I've made and the time I've been here.....

zem
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:28 am 

Hey all.

24 year old Aussie here. Looking for somewhere on the net to chat metal, difficult to find a decent forum on the subject after the death of a couple of the Aussie forums.

I usually can't be bothered with sub-genres but I lean towards;
death
doomy/sludgy goodness
experimental (such as meshuggah, some people call them math or dent, whatevs)
a little bit of thrash.

Interested in seeing what the scenes are like in other parts of the world. Relatively, sometimes it seems like it's shit here, sometimes it seems pretty decent.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:19 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Metantoine wrote:
(...) 17 posts in one day is a bit too much for this forum. Quality over quantity :)

Guess I'm somewhat of a post junkie, considering the number of comments I've made and the time I've been here.....

Oh God Martin, I stop posting for a week and you manage to duplicate my amount of posts, cheers, you are now a metalhead :thumbsup:

Hi to all newbies! Make sure to take a look to the rec central! :wink:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:24 pm 

IntoNevermore wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

Oh God Martin, I stop posting for a week and you manage to duplicate my amount of posts, cheers, you are now a metalhead :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy! It's just that I love this place, and really like to get involved in the discussions that take place here. The previous forum I was part of barely had any worthy talk going on, so coming here and seeing all of this pumps me up.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 156  Next