Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:28 pm 

Oh hey, welcome! Might I present you my friend, Stoned Jesus?

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Winterfell
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:17 pm 

Hello all

I'm Joe. I'm 21, been listening to metal for 8-9 years now. I'm a big fan of almost every sub-genre, especially doom, thrash, and old school melodic death and black metal. I used to post over on UltimateMetal.com for quite a while, but that site has declined substantially in both the quality and quantity of the discussion. Hoping to find a new home here.

Frenzied Metalhead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 pm 

Greetings!

I am Josh, I've been stalking this site for a little while finding new music to get into, reading reviews, looking up lyrics, building my collection so I can point my friends towards it and I've been looking to trade with some people.

I'm a big fan of heavy, power, melodeath, black and Viking metal, just to name a few. I tend to stay away from Metalcore and Groove-metal besides the odd few bands. Nu and Industrial metal just makes my skin crawl.
I'm a lionheart"

Hatman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:53 pm 

Hello. I've been lurking on this site since about December.
I don't really have a favorite genre of metal because I like the vast majority of it, but I find myself listening to thrash, NWOBHM, and traditional metal most often, in addition to other genres of rock. I started playing guitar a year and a half ago, and hope to be able to add a band or two to this site in the future.
I'm a devoted New York Mets fan, and almost always wear a baseball cap.

MorbidBlood wrote:
It's just too brutal for the normal listeners.

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:28 am 

baron samedi wrote:
Zetsubou Billy wrote:
HELLo, I'm Zetsubou Billy, an asian metal fan.
My name was taken from the track of Japanese Hardcore/Nu-Metal band, Maximum the Hormone.
I can't use English well, so often use translator and my sentences can be strange.
I'm interested in Northern Europe countries, especially Norway, so I wanna go there in future.

Metalist history: 2 years (noob!)
Favorite genre: Melodic-Death, Black
Favorite bands: ArchEnemy, At the Gates(4th), Dark Tranquillity, Dragon Force, Emperor, System Of A Down
Favorite albums:Slaughter Of the Soul, Purgatory Afterglow, Anthem to the Welkin at Dusk, Takasago Army etc.

If you're Japanese or able to use Japanese even a little , please speak to me!!
(Of course, even if not, can do)

日本のどこら辺に住んでいる?
俺アメリカ人だけど、日本にいるよ!または、このサイトのフィンランド人のだれかも日本語が分かるらしい。

な、ところで、日本のバンドをダウンロードできるブログなどのお勧めのサイトある?HER NAME IN BLOODの最近できたEPをダウロードしたいが、見つからないんだ。

僕の名前をわ Cthulhu_Fhtagn くん。I do speak a very little amount of Japanese (I have forgotton most of the words and kanji I learned, and even the sentence structure somewhat. Although I'm glad I forgot that horrible dictionary form. :nods: ) Thankfully I can still read and write it, I just won't understand what you are saying! :oh shit:

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

baron samedi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:07 am 

Cthulhu_Fhtagn wrote:

僕の名前をわ Cthulhu_Fhtagn くん。I do speak a very little amount of Japanese (I have forgotton most of the words and kanji I learned, and even the sentence structure somewhat. Although I'm glad I forgot that horrible dictionary form. :nods: ) Thankfully I can still read and write it, I just won't understand what you are saying! :oh shit:

Uh... based on that thing you just wrote there, I'd say you're a little too confident in your Japanese ability, lol. Welcome anyway. Protips: You don't use -kun/san/etc. in reference to yourself. You don't need を after 名前, and "wa" is written は. Jus' sayin'...

Cthulhu_Fhtagn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:32 pm 

baron samedi wrote:
Cthulhu_Fhtagn wrote:

Uh... based on that thing you just wrote there, I'd say you're a little too confident in your Japanese ability, lol. Welcome anyway. Protips: You don't use -kun/san/etc. in reference to yourself. You don't need を after 名前, and "wa" is written は. Jus' sayin'...

Well, I had to use google translate as I can't type in Japanese on my keyboard, so it totally messed it up. I do know the japanese alphabet though, both hiragana and katakana. I hate google translate, it butchers Japanese so badly. I was welcoming Zetsubou Billy, not trying to introduce myself to the forum (I did that a couple pages ago.)

Crick wrote:
The first one is silly because it's got such dainty eyelashes, yet the guy is terrified. NOT THE MASCARA, CTHULHU! ANYTHING BUT THE MASCARA!

Himeros_Apollo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:13 pm 

Greetings everyone,

My name is Matt. I've been listening to metal for about 3 years now (since I was 12) and just discovered metal-archives.com a few months ago. I didn't get around to signing up (or didn't have a reason to sign up) until today. I like just about every sub-genre of metal (everything from grindcore to ambient). Currently, a few of my favorite metal bands include Amorphis, My Dying Bride, Acid King, Candlemass, 40 Watt Sun, Taake, Katatonia, Decapitated, Týr, Ensiferum, Slayer, Moonspell, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Agalloch, Moonsorrow, Burzum, Darkthrone, Suffocation, Municipal Waste, Moonblood, Emperor...(just to name a few). Other genres outside of metal that I enjoy include progressive rock, psychedelic rock, experimental, punk and some folk music.

Mr Satan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:30 am 

Yo im Mr Satan
In reallife im max and from western germany.
Im 15 and listen to metal since im 11.
Im a black/thrasher who is on mostly every gig wasted.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:40 am 

15? Wasted at mostly every gig? Have fun with your brain cells while you still have them, Mr Satan.

Just ignore this if you've only been to one gig. Welcome!

Hebidoku
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:23 pm 

Hello everyone, I'm sixteen year old metalhead from Oklahoma. My favorite genres include death metal, progressive metal, and melodic death metal. Some of my favorite groups are Morbid Angel, Nile, Carcass, Undead Corporation, and Kissing the Mirror. Aside from metal, I am a huge fan of Touhou Project and doujin music (Not too sure how widely either are accepted on MA). I currently play in the death/thrash metal band Kagura with a guitarist from Chickasha.

HeavyGabry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:30 pm 

Hello everybody, I'm a metalhead from Italy. Mostly here because I'd like to share my (poor) knowledge about bootlegs and ask the others about these kind of releases, but I think I'll post something else too.
I'm mainly into Technical Thrash Metal and Technical Death Metal, but I enjoy also Epic Metal, Grindcore and lots of different things too.
See you around!

Lowtide85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:47 pm 

Hello everyone, I'm from Chile, 28 years old and recently got into listening to metal again, more specifically, black metal but I'm thinking of giving other genres a chance but first I'd like to ask something however it's kind of controversial so I'm not sure if I should.

Thanks anyway for having me here.

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 am 

Hello all,
I'm Crises from The Netherlands (and this has been my nickname since about 16), but since that user name was already taken by some German band, I had to add something. My year of birth. I've been listening metal ever since '92. At first, because I had no money to speak of, I got my fix through tape trading and copying, then I started to switch to CD's.

Nowadays I review for a Dutch Metal e-zine called Dutch Distortion, and I mostly do Death and Black, with the occasional Thrash Metal record thrown in.

My favorite bands at the moment are:
Drudkh (UA), Posthum (NO), Imperium Dekadenz (DE), Lutomysl (UA), Sadhaka (US), Krallice (US), Brume d'Automne (CN), Nepente (VE), Vallendusk (ID), Terzij de Horde (NL), Verbum Verus (NL), Svartidaudi (IS), Hlad (RU), Austere (AU), Asphyx (NL), Les Discrets (FR), The Great Old Ones (FR) and Wildernessking (ZA).

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm 

Nice to see yet another dutchman on this forum, welcome! :beer:

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm 

Thank you.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:16 am 

Welcome, newbies, please enjoy your time here. However, please also lurk for a while to learn to know the place. We are quite friendly if you behave like a human being.

And oh, do't use capital letters in genres when posting. It might make you look like an idiot.

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:34 am 

Or Dutch, where it is common to do as a name and an English term. But maybe others consider the Dutch to be idiots? ;)

You know: all that liberal thinking.. legalisation of prostitution, condonement policies when it comes to soft drugs, gay marriage as the first country in the world and so on. ;)

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:45 pm 

I only just found this, so I might as well say hi officially (I have attention issues, so I mostly don't get past Metal Discussion :P ).

I'm kind of a metal n00b; I've only considered myself a metalhead for about two years. My music tastes are constantly evolving - case in point, a year ago I could just tolerate thrash; two years ago I hated it; but now hearing something like Havok or Kreator makes me go heck, yes! But I think my favorite metal genres for now are the melodic ones, from technical death metal with melody all the way to folk metal; stuff like Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arsis, Insomnium, Be'Lakor, Amon Amarth, Blackguard, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Alestorm, and to throw some power metal in the mix, Sabaton. Recently, though, I've really been digging the ominous heaviness of old school death metal, especially the bands/albums with a thrashy sound (somehow?!) and also the epic darkness of symphonic black metal.

I also like industrial music, especially harsh EBM/aggrotech, and try to get out about once a month to stomp around in my local goth club. And like I've said in a couple other places, I like folk music XD Especially Scandinavian folk rock and Mongolian strings and vocals.

I live near Washington, DC and go to shows at Empire a lot, so feel free to say hi. I'm the gal with waist-length hair and paint/bleach-stained Tripp pants, or some other concession to gothiness :P

haohmaruofthewind
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:54 pm 

Hello,

I am Haohmaru of the wind

Please,

call me Windy.

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:32 am 

talvikki77 wrote:
I only just found this, so I might as well say hi officially (I have attention issues, so I mostly don't get past Metal Discussion :P ).

I'm kind of a metal n00b; I've only considered myself a metalhead for about two years. My music tastes are constantly evolving - case in point, a year ago I could just tolerate thrash; two years ago I hated it; but now hearing something like Havok or Kreator makes me go heck, yes! But I think my favorite metal genres for now are the melodic ones, from technical death metal with melody all the way to folk metal; stuff like Fleshgod Apocalypse, Arsis, Insomnium, Be'Lakor, Amon Amarth, Blackguard, Wintersun, Ensiferum, Alestorm, and to throw some power metal in the mix, Sabaton. Recently, though, I've really been digging the ominous heaviness of old school death metal, especially the bands/albums with a thrashy sound (somehow?!) and also the epic darkness of symphonic black metal.

I also like industrial music, especially harsh EBM/aggrotech, and try to get out about once a month to stomp around in my local goth club. And like I've said in a couple other places, I like folk music XD Especially Scandinavian folk rock and Mongolian strings and vocals.

I live near Washington, DC and go to shows at Empire a lot, so feel free to say hi. I'm the gal with waist-length hair and paint/bleach-stained Tripp pants, or some other concession to gothiness :P

You didn't happen to be wearing an Eluveitie shirt to Paganfest this year, did you?

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:58 am 

^ *thinks really hard* Ummmm...yeah..I think I was. The green one with the raven. Are we metal acquaintances? :D

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:40 pm 

I don't know. The one I'm thinking of is this one:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... K0MKc-PX5w

I know we haven't spoken as I have an impossibly difficult time initiating contact with people I don't know, but the Soundstage is small enough it's kind of hard to not see people. *thinks* There was also the small circles that formed in the middle during soundchecks, saw someone who fits your description there, too.

I was in an Amon Amarth shirt (horribly descriptive, I know), and I believe was the smallest kid in the pit.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:17 am 

Nah, I have this one: http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/ca/0/AAAADFqR4HUAAAAAAMoCkg.jpg?v=1273949273000

But I believe there was someone in the other one, too, I remember finding a "shirt twin" :P

Amon Amarth shirt and smallest kid in the pit.. Honestly, I thought I was the smallest one in the pit XD I was having terrible social anxiety issues during that show though, so my memories aren't that clear except that it happened, I was in the pit a lot, seeing Heidevolk up close was great and that bumblebee band was better live than I expected.

Oh yeah, and I think I had face paint on at that show. Three black stripes, or something of the sort, Ensiferum style.

I am pretty terrible at starting conversations with random people too, but maybe if we both make an effort next time we can talk XD

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:53 am 

Didn't you post a picture of yourself in the photo topic?

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:04 pm 

Yes, actually I did. And it seems to be drawing all the DC area metalheads out of the woodwork for some reason. :)

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:04 pm 

Well... A girl posting a picture... It draws out everyone from everywhere I would think and experience would suggest the same.

talvikki77
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:17 pm 

Well it wasn't that sort of picture, haha!

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:53 am 

Any kind of picture, even if it depicts you with your boyfriend, grandma or dog. ;)

DannySatan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:07 pm 

Hey dudes! I'm Danny I'm from Dublin, Ireland.

I'm a metalhead since I'm like 13, I'm 28 now if that means anything. I've been browsing this forum for a few years and finally decided to register to join today because my girlfriend thinks its weird I read your conversations but don't join in and I was thinking maybe shes right and also its something to do innit!

I fucking love and live for Metal! I'm into most styles, Heavy/Thrash/Death/Black/Doom... My fav bands randomly include Metallica, Slayer, Meshuggah, Venom, Mayhem, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Primordial, Satyricon, Morbid Angel, Death, Deathspell Omega, Portal, Gorguts... etc, etc over a 100 more and Im always looking for new bands to check out!

Just thought Id throw this out for fun: I like Slipknot (1 of the first bands I got into and I still like em), Dimmu Borgir and other bands so many people love to hate round here and I could care less!

anyway so yeah thats me introduced I guess , cheers , peace and rock on! :)

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 am 

DannySatan wrote:
Just thought Id throw this out for fun: I like Slipknot (1 of the first bands I got into and I still like em), Dimmu Borgir and other bands so many people love to hate round here and I could care less!

A brave statement that. I like the honesty even if I couldn't care less about the bands.
Welcome!

DannySatan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:55 pm 

crises79 wrote:
DannySatan wrote:

A brave statement that. I like the honesty even if I couldn't care less about the bands.
Welcome!

Yeah I thought that might get a reaction ha :D
Thank you!

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:06 pm 

Lowtide85 wrote:
Hello everyone, I'm from Chile, 28 years old and recently got into listening to metal again, more specifically, black metal but I'm thinking of giving other genres a chance but first I'd like to ask something however it's kind of controversial so I'm not sure if I should.

Thanks anyway for having me here.

Welcome! very few Chileans are lurking around here, so more power to us!

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:43 pm 

DannySatan wrote:
Just thought Id throw this out for fun: I like Slipknot

I'm more concerned with the fact that you're a jackeen bastard :-D you going to Nile at the button factory in December?

DannySatan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:52 pm 

SadisticGratification wrote:
DannySatan wrote:
Just thought Id throw this out for fun: I like Slipknot

I'm more concerned with the fact that you're a jackeen bastard :-D you going to Nile at the button factory in December?

Ha well I guess I am but its better than being a muck savage :D fuck yes I will be, you goin to Vomitor at the pint tmrw night?

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:00 pm 

DannySatan wrote:

Ha well I guess I am but its better than being a muck savage :D fuck yes I will be, you goin to Vomitor at the pint tmrw night?

I should note Nile is September not December...oops and no not going, I don't live that close to Dublin AKA Center of the Universe ;) definitely going to Nile though, have never seen them live. Have been onto Dublin metal events to get Bolt Thrower over next year sometime.

DannySatan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:07 pm 

DannySatan wrote:

I should note Nile is September not December...oops and no not going, I don't live that close to Dublin AKA Center of the Universe ;) definitely going to Nile though, have never seen them live. Have been onto Dublin metal events to get Bolt Thrower over next year sometime.

Ah well I havent got a ticket yet so wasnt sure of the date but yeah I wanna go I've never seen em live either, should be great! something to look forward to! Ah well I envy you I think I'd prefer to live in the country, where you at? Bolt would be cool too I hope it happens. cheers!

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:14 pm 

DannySatan wrote:
Ah well I havent got a ticket yet so wasnt sure of the date but yeah I wanna go I've never seen em live either, should be great! something to look forward to! Ah well I envy you I think I'd prefer to live in the country, where you at? Bolt would be cool too I hope it happens. cheers!

The promoter said he was in contact with them and expects it to happen, I would love to see Bolt Thrower live. I'm from Cork originally, not the city just in the county. Living in Galway now, fantastic place.

DannySatan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:41 pm 

DannySatan wrote:

The promoter said he was in contact with them and expects it to happen, I would love to see Bolt Thrower live. I'm from Cork originally, not the city just in the county. Living in Galway now, fantastic place.

Sweet I hope it does, me too. Ah Galway, thats cool! I've been when I was younger it seems like it would a nice place to live.

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:28 pm 

DannySatan wrote:

Sweet I hope it does, me too. Ah Galway, thats cool! I've been when I was younger it seems like it would a nice place to live.

Savagely nice city but next to no metal scene which is a shame, I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything back from him about Bolt Thrower, I keep in regular contact with him. If you want I could PM you his email address so you can pester him too :P

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 156  Next