Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thehellishone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:31 pm 

I am thehellishone aka Rani. I'm 22 and I live in Melbourne, the Bullet Belt of Australia.

I work in an office 9 - 5, Monday to Friday and spend most of my money on cds and vinyl, getting out of debt, and travelling to Sydney to see my bf.

I enjoy heavy metal, drinking, horror movies, sex, recreational drug use, being un-politically correct, headbanging, fantasy/horror/crime novels, british comedy shows, Al Jourgensen, leather 'n spikes, 80's glam rock, long hair, The Simpsons and driving way too fast.

I'm not particularly interested in other girls boobs because I have my own.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:59 pm 

thehellishone wrote:
stuff

You also post like once every three months.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:39 am 

Hi i'm christkiller and i'm new to this website

My fav bands are Korn, Soulfly, Linkin Park and Slipknot

And I see that nobody thought about adding them so i'll add them soon and I hope to contribute greatly to this website

:-P

FATBOY
Lord of the Emoticons

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:17 am 

^^ :lol: :lol: ^^

Pip
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:42 pm 

Yeah I'm a newb here. Welcome me.

I play in a metal band called Tramp Vest. We're influenced by bands like Iron Maiden, Angel Witch, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow, Dio, Theatre of Tragety, Candlemass, Stratovarius and Iced Earth. I am the bassist that goes by the name "Fabrizio Scarazoni".

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:40 am 

Those are some good influences.

OlympicSharpshooter
The Universal Magnetic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:30 am 

Hello all, I'm OlympicSharpshooter and I've been lurking around here more often as of late, so I felt I should introduce myself. I do most of my posting over at the reviews board. I have around 90 reviews at the moment, so if you have any comments about them (or anything else in regards to me) don't hesitate to drop me a line through my e-mail addy or the PM system here.

Thanks.

Ibex_Ichor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:35 pm 

Hello. I'm not very good at this introduction thing but here goes. My name is Chris. I'm just about 19. From New Jersey, USA. I've been wondering on the forums for awhile now but, just recently decided to join.

My life is quite dull at the moment, I guess. I listen to music and create it. I listen to mainly Black, Doom, and Thrash. Outside of metal, I am a big fan of Ambient, Folk, and Classical music. I play guitar, bass, keyboards, and vocals but currently I'm not in a band. In the future I hope to start some form of Black/Doom/Ambient project and also a Black/Thrash band.

Besides music, I love movies and film-making, drawing, and pretty much anything art-related. I also enjoy reading about mythology, being in nature, and that's about it pretty much.

I'll probably be moving to Massachussets within the next year or so to live with my girlfriend.

So yup, that pretty much sums up my life for all those who are interested in knowing about me... which isn't many I'm sure. Haha.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:41 am 

I'm new. I like black metal and a tad bit of death metal, but for the most part I'll listen to anything with a lot of atmosphere. Favorite bands at the moment include Blut Aus Nord, Deathspell Omega, Graveland, Nile, and Axis of Perdition.

I play guitar. I'm crap. My guitar teacher is in a band, earthcubed, which I have submitted. I dabble in drums, I like to read (Lovecraft and King), I enjoy the occasional videogame...and that's about it.

Oh, and I'm from America.

And some of you might know me as Good One, Killertoddler, killert, or hi from some of the other boards I frequent....

Nordlig_Redsel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:11 am 

I'm Nordlig Redsel...otherwise known as Mike.

thehellishone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:39 pm 

HellBlazer wrote:
thehellishone wrote:
stuff

You also post like once every three months.

I'll try and make it at least once a week, just for you.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:21 am 

thehellishone wrote:
I'll try and make it at least once a week, just for you.

:thumbsup:

Sedusa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:47 am 

Hello, My name is not important, its on my profile. But I'm pretty new to metal music and I came here to learn. I wont take shit from people. If they throw it at me, I'll wrapp it in a plastic bag and throw it back. :evil:
If anyone is wondering what myself looks like I have two links.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/ ... 0_4823.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/ ... 0_4768.jpg
I like morbid angel and angeltread, and things like that. I'm not very agressive or mean, at least I dont think so, and I'm not really shy. But like I said, I'm here to learn, so if anyone has suggestions as to what bands are good, or somewhere to look to learn, You can feel free to PM me, or whatever! :metal:

Pyrus
Rabbi of Riffage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:49 am 

Welcome to the board.

Check out the reccomendation lists on the first page of this thread.

Sedusa
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:52 am 

Pyrus wrote:
Welcome to the board.

Check out the reccomendation lists on the first page of this thread.

Thanks! :hyper: :beer:

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:38 am 

Sedusa wrote:
Hello, My name is not important, its on my profile. But I'm pretty new to metal music and I came here to learn. I wont take shit from people. If they throw it at me, I'll wrapp it in a plastic bag and throw it back. :evil:
I like morbid angel and angeltread, and things like that. I'm not very agressive or mean, at least I dont think so, and I'm not really shy. But like I said, I'm here to learn, so if anyone has suggestions as to what bands are good, or somewhere to look to learn, You can feel free to PM me, or whatever! :metal:

You're quite cute.

That is all.

Baron_Bozaloshtsh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:44 am 

DanFuckingLucas wrote:
Sedusa wrote:

You're quite cute.

That is all.

teh not too bad, a girl is only cute when topless and serving me a Bam! lobster.

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:52 am 

Heh, you should open up a gourmet version of Hooters.

Baron_Bozaloshtsh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:58 am 

DanFuckingLucas wrote:
Heh, you should open up a gourmet version of Hooters.

but it'd need a classier name like "Hey.Woman.Food.Now," " Marvins Mysoginistic Mealhouse," "The Sticks are for Beating" or "Wham Bam! Lobster and a Black Eye"

ok I'll stop now, funny thing is I'm probably the least myogynistic guy here, all in good fun ladies.

ChocolateCherry
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:10 am 

I am known as Jen. I live in Missouri, which is a sucky place to live. I am 22, married with 2 kids. I am a stay at home mom, which after awhile tends to put a strain on your social life and your mental well-being.

I love anything to do with sex and I love women as well as men. You will find quite a bit of my post has something to do with having sex with chicks or some sexual content of any nature. PGK pointed that out to me :D That is me, like or not.

Music, well I am here to learn. Alot of the bands listed on the first page I have never heard of. I am a definite metal newby, even though what I consider to be metal, is mallacore to most on here. I am getting to know it SLOWLY though.

I generally have a big mouth and can be rather slow myself at times. I am in no way a extremely intelligent person. I have a feeling that the pot is finally catching up to me :scratch:

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:42 am 

ChocolateCherry wrote:
I am known as Jen. I live in Missouri, which is a sucky place to live. I am 22, married with 2 kids. I am a stay at home mom, which after awhile tends to put a strain on your social life and your mental well-being.

I love anything to do with sex and I love women as well as men. You will find quite a bit of my post has something to do with having sex with chicks or some sexual content of any nature. PGK pointed that out to me :D That is me, like or not.

Music, well I am here to learn. Alot of the bands listed on the first page I have never heard of. I am a definite metal newby, even though what I consider to be metal, is mallacore to most on here. I am getting to know it SLOWLY though.

I generally have a big mouth and can be rather slow myself at times. I am in no way a extremely intelligent person. I have a feeling that the pot is finally catching up to me :scratch:

hah, didn't anybody tell you? Pot actually makes you smarter, it just becomes more and more difficult to communicate that to Normals! :P

Good to know you're interested in learning. Hopefully this site will help you to discover some worthy material. Everybody has to start somewhere, and the easiest way for people are age (early twenties) to get into metal at present, is, unfortunately, through mallcore. I arrived at the very outset of the mallcore "revolution" and I, too, bought the first korn album when it came out and enjoyed it for a time.

DoNotResuscitate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:52 am 

HA! JM listened to Korn!!! ;) I have the first 3 Korn albums but I only enjoy the first two. I don't consider them Mallcore though. Their existence came before the Mallcore "revolution". Anyway, Korn did exactly what Suffocation did with Effigy of the Forgotten a few years prior...made a bunch of kids go out and create the same tired album over and over and over again.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:27 pm 

PsycholgclMishap wrote:
HA! JM listened to Korn!!! ;) I have the first 3 Korn albums but I only enjoy the first two. I don't consider them Mallcore though. Their existence came before the Mallcore "revolution". Anyway, Korn did exactly what Suffocation did with Effigy of the Forgotten a few years prior...made a bunch of kids go out and create the same tired album over and over and over again.

haha..it's true, I did listen to Korn. A few other crappy bands around that time, too. Soundgarden are still pretty good though!!!

haha, good point about "Effigy"...I wouldn't have thought of that comparrison, but you're right. I'd rather listen to Suffocation clones I guess, but given the choice, I'd avoid either.

Fallout
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:32 pm 

I'm pretty new to metal in general. I'm a 15 year old Missourian. My music tastes are pretty broad and I'm hoping to learn a lot about all different kinds of metal.

Unhallowed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:18 pm 

Hello.
I am 17 years old, live in Sweden, enjoys music (mostly Black and Thrash metal). Also known as "Nordland" at other forums.
Favourite band: Burzum.
Favourite bands: Burzum, Darkthrone, Empeor, Graveland, Pest, Sodom, Kreator, Slayer, Bathory, Megadeth.
Best CD through all times: Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss
Best CDs through all times: Burzum - Hvis lyset tar oss, Darkthrone - A blaze in the northern sky, Emperor - Emperor, Graveland - Immortal Pride, Pest - Dauðafærð, Pest - Blasphemy is my throne, Bathory - The return and some more.
Besides listening to music, I like to play music (guitars).
At least a third of my awake time I spend in front of the computer. There are always new things to learn, download, listen to, bash on, etc....
One thing I don't like about this forum is that I can't have an avatar.
But I'll get used to it.... hopefully :)

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:15 pm 

I need no introduction. Everyone knows me. ;) :P

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

crazpete
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:06 am 

Sedusa wrote:
friendly post with pictures attached

If you really are the person in the pictures, you're a rare breed. Hot, nice, metal, and female don't usually combine.

I'm thinking this was actually posted by an old man typing one-handed while looking at pictures of Varg as a little boy...

Thamuz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:10 am 

I am the terror from downunder.

Esoteric
RETIRED?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:37 am 

Sedusa wrote:
I wont take shit from people. If they throw it at me, I'll wrapp it in a plastic bag and throw it back.

but putting it in a plastic bag defeats the purpose

Esoteric
RETIRED?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:47 am 

My name is Esoteric, and I'm the friendly neighborhood Banhammer Badass. Of course, in normal terms that would translate into "board babysitter," but Banhammer Badass sounds cooler.

When not yelling at people, telling them to behave, or banning them, I crack stupid jokes and pull pranks on the board populace.

My favorite musical acts include Arch-era Fates Warning, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Era, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Jag Panzer, Jacob's Dream, and Lordian Guard.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:40 am 

Fallout wrote:
I'm pretty new to metal in general. I'm a 15 year old Missourian. My music tastes are pretty broad and I'm hoping to learn a lot about all different kinds of metal.

Eeexcellent!!

Hello. ;)

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:54 am 

Well, since all the oldsters seem to be doing this too, I may as well!

My name is Jean-Marcel (called JM by most!), and I live in Toronto, in Cannuckistan. I'm twenty-four and 2005 will mark my tenth year since falling into the heavy metal daze! Not long, I suppose, compared to some, but I've learned a great deal since then. I am a bit of a stoner, as anybody who listens to our radio show on Friday nights can probably tell. I enjoy various cult films and literature and am particularly obsessed by the "Weird Tales" authors of the late 1920s and 1930s such as Robert E. Howard, Clark Ashton Smith, the ubiquitous Lovecraft, C. L. Moore, etc. I read a great deal though and am trying to stop devouring fiction for long enough to read some more scientific and philosophical texts, which I haven't really done in years. My favourite band is Manilla road. They've only been the favourite for a little while, I suppose, but I haven't found any band that even begins to approach their atmosphere and greatness within the heavy metal genre or anywhere else. I absolutely must see this band live before i die. Other favourites, both metal and not, include: Esoteric, Darkthrone, Varathron, Necromantia, master's Hammer, Mortuary Drape, Brocas Helm, early Fates Warning, Reverend Bizarre, Root, Trouble, Saint Vitus, Graveland, Joyless/Forgotten Woods, Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, Can, Hawkwind, Motorhead, Venom, Bathory, Blue Cheer, Hellhammer/Celtic Frost, Kreator, Agent Steel, Anvil, Blut Aus Nord, Sabbat (the Japanese one), Sigh, Pentagram (the US one), Black Sabbath, In the Woods...etc, etc. I'm also married to the best female in existence who shares more of my tastes than I could ever have imagined possible and can tolerate a slob like me and still have lots of room left over for love and affection. hah...well, enough of this babble!

DanFuckingLucas
Witchsmeller Pursuivant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:32 pm 

Esoteric wrote:
My name is Esoteric, and I'm the friendly neighborhood Banhammer Badass. Of course, in normal terms that would translate into "board babysitter," but Banhammer Badass sounds cooler.

When not yelling at people, telling them to behave, or banning them, I crack stupid jokes and pull pranks on the board populace.

My favorite musical acts include Arch-era Fates Warning, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Era, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Jag Panzer, Jacob's Dream, and Lordian Guard.

I heard a Lordian Guard track once. I think I liked it.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:33 pm 

Esoteric wrote:

Which are fucking amazing live!

Debaucherite
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:31 pm 

I'm Phi. The bored College Metalhead. I play with PS a lot and I listen to Death, Black, Power, Speed, anything metal basically. I live in Amherst in the states. I'm hoping to find some new bands since I really don't have many people into the genre to get good music from.

Umm... I'm horrid at introductions so if anyone has something to say, IM me at FortyoneWhacks.

Necramentia
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:14 am 

yea, hi. i'm a musician, that's the most important aspect of me. i've started doing a lot of posting since college on various forums, since i have a good amount of free time (music major) and one of my best hobbies is sitting at my computer listening to music. i listen to whatever sounds good to me, lately it's been of the black metal sound, nothing generic, mainly stuff that has an interesting sound to me. if anyone cares to find out more (doubtful), you know how to find me. well, figure it out.

electric27
hurr hurr i post whiel drunk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 5:40 pm 

Wow, I just realized I haven't posted in this thread yet. I've been here for months.

My real name's Steve. I'm from Philadelphia, PA. I was born on Thanksgiving 1986. I currently attend a private school in the city, and hopefully most of my posts will be coming from the University of Pittsburgh next year (gonna study biology). I'm a thrash head who enjoys hanging out in a little dive of a diner and drinking coffee with friends, 6 packs of cigarettes on the table and an ashtray full of butts. Generally I'm shy, unless I'm in a good mood. I'm a real asshole when I'm in a good mood. My favorite foods are: any form of red meat cooked on a grill, bratwurst, baked beans, my mom's Italian cooking, Heineken, bannana bread, and pineapple.

III

Hark_The_Dead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:19 pm 

Name is Mike, im 17, and i live in Pennsylvania.

All bout the classic metal stuff for me. Metallica, Megadeth, Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, and other stuff. I play the guitar, i have a nice white Ibanez, and ive been playing for a total of five years. Currently im working on Metallica's "The Four Horsemen."

kuubi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:34 am 

I am new to the board.
First, i wanted kyuubi for my username but made a typing mistake. I figured that out after i had already registered, So i didnt want to waste a account, so guess i'll have to do with kuubi.
Anyways, about my metal tastes, i started around six years back with mallcore and gradually moved to metal.I have been listening to real metal for almost five years now. My favourite bands are megadeth, judas priest, iron maiden, queensryche,dream theater,metallica, death,nevermore,mercyful fate,king diamond, children of bodom, arch enemy, black sabbath , dio , ozzy , jag panzer,amon amaarth, symphony x, decapitated , blind guardian , morbid angel , sepultura, slayer, immortal , immolation , hate eternal , savatage , green carnation,fear factory,kalmah,hammerfall,led zepp....
Though not my absolute favourites, i also love exodus, kreator , slayer,helloween, At the gates , opeth , testament, edge of sanity , old in flames , dimmu borgir( i even like their newer albums but i guess its a crime to like the newer albums in the tr00 metal world.but i like the newer albums nonetheless), moonspell , rammstein , carcass , satyricon...
I basically joined this forum to know of more bands. I am almost a n00b. So please suggest me some bands based on my band list(and please suggest albums with them). I am not biased towards any genre but i dont like terrible production, bad musicianship. I love concept albums and guitar solos.
P.S. I am not a guy

Azathoth500
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:36 pm 

i'm new here. i'm mostly into death and black metal, but some nu metal (shut up), grind, and industrial on the side

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 156  Next